The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platinum per Level

SethSamson

hi

the Game is Awesome .. but this PRO is starting to bug me as hell ... and the price for Polish Gamer pocekt ,as myself for platinum is way to expensive ... 75pt for 5 usd dolars ...

i now after 3 days of playing have Aklato on lvl 16 and no where to go with skill points so arsenal is alwasy flashing ...

so my solutution is as follow

1. increase amount of platinum for this 5 bugs

2. contiues day to day login rewards give u some pool of platinum ... for exp per 7 days u can collect lets say 100 pt

first day login u have 5 pt claim it or not , if not then

second day login u have 15 pt claim it or not and so on

3. Platinum per Profile Level/Rank ...

the F2P model is Cleverly done it torments you that you have unspend points i've been there. But lets be reasonable !

It's free, like a game of this calibur is free that is amazing to start with, so spending monney is optional.

Edited by Yuicne

I agree with Yuicne. And it may seem a bit steep, but there's still enough content aside from what Platinum gets you to make the free-to-play aspects of the game still extremely worthwhile.

I hope they make a few changes towards leniency with the yield of Platinum each dollar gets you, but in all honesty it won't bother me either way.

EDIT: Reevaluating the idea, I do think having some sort of Platinum initiative to leveling up wouldn't be a bad thing. Like in other games, when you reach a certain level they give you a certain amount of pay-for-currency to spend in the way you want, just to at least get a taste of the paid content.

I think it would really help bring in more money for Warframe.

Edited by Diogenes

the F2P model is Cleverly done it torments you that you have unspend points i've been there. But lets be reasonable !

It's free, like a game of this calibur is free that is amazing to start with, so spending monney is optional.

YEAH the game is friking AWESOME ... and i would pay for it in the heart bit ... if i wouldnt feel rip off ...

the game developers dont take this under advicement that in some country 5 dolars is alot ... like 3 hours of day job ..

and they just gonna lose income from those countries

so if i want to pay for some game i want to get my moneys worth ...

75pt color pack ... ;p hmmmm

Edited by SethSamson

That's a nice idea.

Simply put: just any way a free user can get pro without feeling like he's doing chores.

Agreed.

I completely understand the fact that the game is F2P and they need a way to make money, but the model they're using right now is just not that good.

In order for it to feel fair, they either need to figure out some way for people to earn Platinum in game, or make almost everything available with credits.

I agree with Yuicne. And it may seem a bit steep, but there's still enough content aside from what Platinum gets you to make the free-to-play aspects of the game still extremely worthwhile.

I hope they make a few changes towards leniency with the yield of Platinum each dollar gets you, but in all honesty it won't bother me either way.

EDIT: Reevaluating the idea, I do think having some sort of Platinum initiative to leveling up wouldn't be a bad thing. Like in other games, when you reach a certain level they give you a certain amount of pay-for-currency to spend in the way you want, just to at least get a taste of the paid content.

I think it would really help bring in more money for Warframe.

could not have put it better my self , also @sethsamson you need to keep in mind this is still earlie CBT once OBT turns in a couple of months time depending on how long they want the CBT running for there will be a tone load of content for F2P and for users that have spend money on platinium , besides if you feel that way why dont you just save up and get a founders pack , i mean is it that wrong to spend a couple £/$/euros etc etc when you know its going to be helping the devs

Agreed.

I completely understand the fact that the game is F2P and they need a way to make money, but the model they're using right now is just not that good.

In order for it to feel fair, they either need to figure out some way for people to earn Platinum in game, or make almost everything available with credits.

baka , if they done that then they would not make any money , you should be greatfull let along happy that you even have a upgrade tech tree for your weapons/WF

its people like you that are just spoiling to get more free options , after all the Pure F2P players will always moan about how ethier P2W the game is or how unfair the game is

here is a tip how about spending a couple £/$/euros etc for a founders pack then all your troubles are solved

and this is what im talking about more F2P newbies being invited to the game or grabbing a key just to play it and moan

baka , if they done that then they would not make any money , you should be greatfull let along happy that you even have a upgrade tech tree for your weapons/WF

its people like you that are just spoiling to get more free options , after all the Pure F2P players will always moan about how ethier P2W the game is or how unfair the game is

here is a tip how about spending a couple £/$/euros etc for a founders pack then all your troubles are solved

and this is what im talking about more F2P newbies being invited to the game or grabbing a key just to play it and moan

Well, no offense, but it's because of ignorant people like yourself, who will rush to defend any F2P model (even if it's bad,) that the concept of F2P isn't evolving and games with bad models die, because people who can't afford to pay cash for what is necessary stop playing.

Also there's plenty of ways for them to make money. If you just thought about it, you'd know that.

Edited by Kfoolu

I think its horrible idia,not even best then currently.

Pro upgrade need to erase from game, or give us freepro upgrade on lvl 10-15 warframe or so.

Or opportunity to buy it via credits,or drop from boses..or other time expesive things

I've only been playing this game for a few days now and I think the number one issue everyone I've talked to ingame says it's the Pro system, which is essentially a pay for power upgrade, sure you can not buy pro and get stuff with a weapon or warframe with only rank 15 stats but I feel at some point there will probably be a time where the games difficulty isn't really going to accomodate such an option. I think the biggest draw this game has is that you can jump in, play a few maps and then go do other stuff, I personally don't want to spend 30 mins trying to kill a boss to farm items to get a new weapon or warframe, especially with how low the drop rate is for some of these items. I would not mind having the option to spend both platinum or credits (would have to be a decent chunk of credits since they are easy to come buy, probably a couple hundred thousand would be reasonable).

I forsee that if changes aren't made to pro system to accomodate both paying and non-paying players then this game is going to have a pretty small community since non paying players will probably not be as dedicated to it knowing they are really only getting half the content (in that aspect atleast). I also find people that get so defensive about the devs not earning enough money if they don't have such a feature pretty laughable, there are better ways to make money then to restrict a playerbase (arguably the larger playerbase) from some of the content.

I've only been playing this game for a few days now and I think the number one issue everyone I've talked to ingame says it's the Pro system, which is essentially a pay for power upgrade, sure you can not buy pro and get stuff with a weapon or warframe with only rank 15 stats but I feel at some point there will probably be a time where the games difficulty isn't really going to accomodate such an option. I think the biggest draw this game has is that you can jump in, play a few maps and then go do other stuff, I personally don't want to spend 30 mins trying to kill a boss to farm items to get a new weapon or warframe, especially with how low the drop rate is for some of these items. I would not mind having the option to spend both platinum or credits (would have to be a decent chunk of credits since they are easy to come buy, probably a couple hundred thousand would be reasonable).

I forsee that if changes aren't made to pro system to accomodate both paying and non-paying players then this game is going to have a pretty small community since non paying players will probably not be as dedicated to it knowing they are really only getting half the content (in that aspect atleast). I also find people that get so defensive about the devs not earning enough money if they don't have such a feature pretty laughable, there are better ways to make money then to restrict a playerbase (arguably the larger playerbase) from some of the content.

This pretty much hits the nail on the head. Allow me to briefly explain my thoughts on the matter. A non-paying player is a very important commodity for any online game with microtransactions, but it's even more important for a four-player squad-style game. Without the players, and a strong level of new-player retention, an F2P game can be done before it even gets off the ground.

I've played several F2P games, and seen many come and go, and, as a general rule of thumb, I believe that you want to make a microtransaction system that is fair for everybody. Cosmetic changes available for cash (color picker), have a pay-for-convenience system (XP boosts, Credit boosts), weapon unlock with $, etc. Basically, you can skip some of the "grind" if you pay.

But you can't have an exclusive power upgrade (ie: Pro skill trees) available as platinum only. It has to be obtainable for non-paying customers. If you want, you can make it difficult, or time consuming to earn, but there has to be some way. Maybe you have to do a boss-rush mode where you fight three in a row, or have some special "mastery quest" kind of thing to "unlock" pro mode, some signal on the edge of the galaxy, or whatever it is, that players are called to when they hit rank-15 of an item...Or maybe just make it cost some massive amount of credits, but you can't tell a player "You cannot advance past this line until you give us money" in a "free" to play game, or they will feel that they aren't valued.

Maybe you could get a very very tiny amount of platinum for the in-game achievements (10 headshots, 30 kills, 3 kills in 10 seconds, those things that pop up)? Or maybe there could be like a "daily" thing where you get a tiny amount for your first thing of the day, or a special event mission that gives some, but is only available to do once a week, and it's challenging.

Just a few mild ideas, but the pro system can't stay as it is, or else this will be a "founders-only" kind of game, and I think that would be detrimental in the long run. The growth could be huge - it has the marketability, but most players slammed with platinum-only costs will probably be frustrated with them.

I've only played a few hours, and I'm reading this could be due to a bug, but I have to say it's already hard to find a group at certain times (other times it fills up instantly, depending on what planet/mission I'm queuing for). I'm hoping this is some issue with the matchmaking/queue system, or just a "not too many players in closed beta" kind of thing. However, if it means that there aren't too many people playing, perhaps the barrier of entry should be a little lower.

Anyway, the point that I was trying to make was that people will play it if they feel that they are valued, and their time is well-spent. Even if they don't pay, they help flesh out the universe for the paying customers. And the easier and cheaper you make it to buy something, the higher chance you have of them buying something. People will monetize the game if they feel they're getting a good deal. And people won't monetize if they feel they're forced to.

Thanks for reading.

I agree with Volume, the non-payers should have access to all gameplay elements and non-cosmetic boosts, even if it's at a time-exhausting or massive credit cost, so long as it's not platinum only.

In a way, the players who don't pay for anything are some of the most valuable players. While those who buy platinum certainly help support the developers, which is greatly needed, non-payers help make the game enjoyable, which encourages people to talk about the game.

And they'll two friends...and they'll two other friends....and if the game is enjoyable, with a large, healthy fanbase, they'll be incentivized to support the developers by purchasing platinum. Let's also not forget that if the non-payers play the game, find it enjoyable, and not feel they're not valued, they might feel they should support the developers of a game they love.

xD platinum is real cash currency in game you can't remove that ....

However the "Pro" system should be removed and they should charge people on XP boosts, Credits boosts , Cosmetics, Unique weapons , Unique materials and materials for Unique blue prints.... This way you will have free to play players happy and pay to play players happy :)

Keeping the game balanced for all!