Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Is Bad Check This Out

Fluxuationsx2

Woah wait. Uh, people do use Shred on the Soma right? I mean uh, that's kinda what makes it so great, mowing down an entire corridor in one pass you know?

um no, soma is not a wep meant for pen, if you want pen just build a penta and blow up the corridor.......

the amount of time i have played is irrelevant the simple fact is

Soma has to aim for the head

i only have to look in the direction of an ememy to kill it with my phage

^---- Superiority

being a no-skill wep does not equal superior lol. 

as i mentioned before the phage is able to reach higher dps then the soma. however, with the stats on the build you posted in that pic, a person with a properly build soma is gonna blow your dmg out of the water. 

So I'm a hipster then. Oh well...

nah mate im just givin you crap, its cool lol.

Edited by Vanhline

the amount of time i have played is irrelevant the simple fact is

Soma has to aim for the head

i only have to look in the direction of an ememy to kill it with my phage

^---- Superiority

The Phage can also land headshots, and is required for top-dps.

^ perfect example of a fanboy and ive been in games with crit build "soma's" my phage dominates DPS

Read again maybe u see that "(than your build)" after the more dps part. i know that the phage can have a faster dps. I can make a build with a firerate of 2.5 and got a dps of 22,5k but that empty my mag faster than anything else...

The tentacles lack the power to puncture. Forever shamed.

they do have some innate puncture, at least. but yeah, if seeking force worked on this, it would eat everything

um no, soma is not a wep meant for pen, if you want pen just build a penta and blow up the corridor.......

the 'pen' in penta doesn't stand for penetration, just so you know :P but this is what's wrong with the DPS-centric forum hivemind. it discourages the use of practical mods like shred, and fast hands in some cases, in favor of rainbow builds, generally

being a no-skill wep does not equal superior lol. 

as i mentioned before the phage is able to reach higher dps then the soma. however, with the stats on the build you posted in that pic, a person with a properly build soma is gonna blow your dmg out of the water. 

nah mate im just givin you crap, its cool lol.

did you really call the soma a skill weapon? lol. regardless, you make a good point, phage can be properly built to do massive damage. this isn't the build that can topple the soma, so OP leaves himself exposed to the criticism of the forums

my Dmg is fine and my build conserves ammo ( survival/Defense )

if by fine you mean sub par dmg then yes lol.

you dont need to conserve ammo on the page, its one of the more ammo efficient weps in the game. if your worried about ammo you could put on accel blast, but swap out the recommended shotgun spazz with an ammo mutator and effectively have infinite ammo but with a much higher damage output then what you currently have. or you could just carry ammo packs and never worry about ammo on any gun ever......

by all means build the wep the way your comfortable with using it, there is no "wrong" answer. i just wanted to make sure you know that with the build your using on the phage, the soma is in fact better in like every way. 

You know what you don't need to do with the Soma?

Waste ammo focusing the beams.

inb4 "do you even Penta?"

You know what you don't have to do with the Phage?  Use an ammo mutator on survival or defense missions.

Soma is a good weapon.  Phage is a good weapon.

But Phage is, IMO, more fun.  That's also what really makes Penta such a great weapon.

Sure, they all do outstanding damage and have outstanding utility (each with some drawbacks, be it ammo consumption, danger to self, or focus issues), But Soma is just a beefed-up and improved Gorgon.  Penta and Phage are unique (ok, Phage is a continuous beam version of drakgoon).

And the Grinlock? Really?  That gun is entirely S#&$.  It needs RoF and Reload mods just to be tolerable, and then it does crap damage for how slow its RoF still is.  I got that to 30 and ditched it.

if by fine you mean sub par dmg then yes lol.

you dont need to conserve ammo on the page, its one of the more ammo efficient weps in the game. if your worried about ammo you could put on accel blast, but swap out the recommended shotgun spazz with an ammo mutator and effectively have infinite ammo but with a much higher damage output then what you currently have. or you could just carry ammo packs and never worry about ammo on any gun ever......

by all means build the wep the way your comfortable with using it, there is no "wrong" answer. i just wanted to make sure you know that with the build your using on the phage, the soma is in fact better in like every way. 

with this you are correct on most parts but my build is for a Set thing i do have my  A B C mod slots for different Missions etc and when i wanna drop a boss quickly i Increase the DPS but for survival 30-45mins the build i have now is better for endurance not too much damage and not a insane ammo chew rate i also have my Rhino in a powercost/max power setup   (infinite stomping and Iron skin) IMO the soma is better for Squishy warframes ^^ <--- only good thing ill ever say about the soma

Edited by Fluxuationsx2

Replace the picture with this img so you don't give Phage a bad name.
Also for those who do not like focusing the beam, you can use tainted shell and it will start off fairly focused.  Of course you will need spazz and accelerated blast to make up for the loss of speed though.

Phage.jpg

Edited by MindlessWar

Are you serious every mod is useful in its own right i hoard everything because it all has a use still Really?

I don't really understand this... But what I meant was you need to shoot a little bit before Soma's fire rate  starts to rapidly go up. It was just a comeback at Mr.Doge's phage joke. ;'(