The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Snowglobe Suggestion

Llyssa

My ultimate suggestion list for snowglobe:

1. Size based on health, with a minimum somewhere between 10% and 50% right before it dies.

2. Snowglobe health  can be replenished if it is hit by any frost skills, probably at a rate of 2x damage for attacks, and combining globes if cast inside.

3. Snowglobe health can be replenished if it is hit by cold-based friendly fire, at a rate of 1/8th damage.

4. Snowglobe health regenerates slowly as nearby atmospheric humidity condensates and then freezes.

5. Snowglobes healed beyond 100% health are set to 100% health and bonus health is translated into ever increasing regeneration rates.

6. Snowglobes have finite lifespans based on time of last contact. If a globe has not been healed for X seconds, it begins to melt(lose HP, while shrinking), until it collapses and breaks.

Of note, for the "hit by" healing, anything that heals it touching the perimeter, from either side(inside or outside) would count.

The problem is you're assuming DE can balance something like that. It could easily be just as overpowered as old snow globe.

I wasn't ignoring you in the other topic. I do not care what DE does, as long as it is done with care.

Edited by LazyKnight

I think this is an awesome idea, to make the snow globe stronger, give frost a new interesting gameplay mechanic for his deffensive role, making him the king of deffense again without bringing back the old boring invincible overpowered god like snowglobe

Why is it a problem to assume they can balance something? They've been willing to tweak many things to balance them. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out the math right.

The problem: It would not be a simple matter to balance something within scaling incoming damage. It would be fairly easy to balance something like this for a raid, where there is an exact amount known incoming damage that is coming at regular intervals.

It would be easier for DE to scrape the health bar and switch to a system of allowed hits, and have frost based powers refresh the number of hits it can take. This would give a scalable frost globe that would take interaction from the caster to keep it up, like your suggestion.

Edited by LazyKnight

Numbers can be tweaked, but this is a nice idea.

Skills that react to player interactions. I can see some problems with this, but it is nice overall. It could be even more fun with fire base attacks to be more harmful than regular attacks (although currently only grineer have this capability). Makes the players to pay more attention to things instead of a just 'cast and forget'. I am not very eager with the friendly-fire-with-cold-heal though for some reason I have yet to get my grip on. Perhaps because friendly fire with fire base should then be harmful?

By the way you are kind of contradicting yourself. Regen health by leaving it alone due to the humidity, yet lose health if left alone. The window for regen and lose health depending on player interaction should be small between both cases for a good interaction so this would not actually matter or do any difference really.

Also, before anyone tells me... Yes, I know there are a few other skills that do something similar, like Nova's antimatter drop and Nyx's Absorb.

Not really contradicting myself.

From a lore perspective: Although it would absorb condensation, thus growing, it would also be slowly warming up. Hence, although it grows by being cold, it also warms as it grows, and eventually, the warming is going to cause it to start melting, unless you cool it again. Hail works like this; that's why it turns into large ice chunks(grows by absorbing stuff as it falls), but melts once it's landed(slowly warms up). Same principle.

As far as friendly fire--from a lore perspective: we can power up a nyx absorb by shooting it, but we can't power it down by sending an oberon renewal into it. We have some fairly intense levels of control on who is and isn't hurt by all of our attacks, and which ones affect others and which do not.

From a play perspective: Letting other players grief your snowglobe (intentionally or otherwise) serves no helpful purpose. However, allowing players to work around the issue of "Dammit guys, I'm out of energy, and the wave's only 1/2 done!" does. That's why it'd be a small(fractional!) healing, but still some healing--team effort can count, but it won't compare with a frost's personal efforts. Plus, it seems extremely weird that you could mod your ogris to hit for 1,000 cold damage and have it not affect the globe positively at all.

It's not an "absolute must" if people are really hung up on it, but it would make it a desirable defensive position(merely firing an ice weapon while inside the globe helps it? awesome!), and team synergy is a great way to encourage the learned/skilled. Plus, in a pitched battle (dozens of enemies firing on a player position), every little bit helps, and this would give some incentive to those who want to hold and keep shooting, rather than running away because the globe is doomed.