The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost's Freeze

JimJam_

Any change over the waste of a mod slot we have now would be great.

I've always thought that a fine solution to our mod slot problem is that all warframes should get 4x special "ability" slots off on the side like an aura slot that still draws from the overall mod point pool, these slots wouldn't be able to have anything other than abilities slotted in it, freeing up the 4 ability slots for forma and other mods (considering we have so many freaking warframe mods at this point that have fun utility, but overall aren't practical because of how valuable card real estate is.)

Freeze shouldn't be a skillshot with a microscale projectile that will miss your target if your crosshairs slide off the target as soon as you press 1. Should it be a skillshot? Yes. But it should be usable.

As it stands, I've forma'd out the slot that Freeze used to occupy, to make Frost even more nightmarish with Ice Wave and Avalanche; Freeze isn't worth using and won't be unless the skill is completely revamped. There was a claim that Freeze was basically Ember's Fireball, but ice, with a freezing effect, but this is not the case. Fireball is spammable, it has AoE damage and effect, the projectile travels fast, and there aren't issues with even landing it. It also needs new graphical effects in my opinion because it's very underwhelming- it seems to just be a small solid followed by a trail and some snowflakes.