Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tysis Build And Status Chance Help

Kyria

Question

I am looking into dusting off my Tysis and I have a few questions about status effects and builds:

1) Has status chance been fixed and is it now applied as we see the weapon numbers (ex. 90%)? (From what I read the status chance was erroneously capped a time when the Tysis came out and I have been waiting to test it out under optimal conditions.)

2) Can someone explain to me how status effects and chances are applied when a weapon has multiple elements on it, ex. Corrosive +  Radiation + Toxin? If the status chance shows 90% is that the chance it has to proc on one of the elements or does it have 90% chance to proc on each? If divided; is the chance evenly distributed between the elements or is it divided based on %-wise elemental damage (ex. 16.5/16.5/66 damage = 15/15/60% chance)?

3) Does the amount of damage in any way impact the proc?

4) With my Tysis the status chance numbers change as I move the (same) mods around. If I have 100/50/168 toxin/radiation/corrosive I get a 96.5% status chance. If I move the same mods to give me 37/189/252 electric/gas/corrosive I get a 99.3% status chance. Is the status chance from Pistol Pestilence only applied to the element it creates?

5) Does anyone have a link to an efficient Tysis proc build that accounts for stacking/non-stacking procs + aoe?

Thank you! :)

8 answers to this question

1) I believe the status chance is fixed now. Just ran a mission with ~96% status chance and proc'd nearly every shot.

2) If you have 90% proc chance, then 90% of the time you will get one elemental effect to proc (per projectile). If you have multishot, it is possible to proc two different elemental types at once, but each projectile can only proc one element upon hitting a target.

3) Damage does affect which proc you will get. For example, if you have a weapon with 200 corrosive damage and 75 toxin damage, you will get the corrosive effect more often.

4) Do you have any multishot mods on? If so, that would be the reason the status chance changes, not the elemental layout. For example, when you mouse over a weapon with 80% status chance, there is an 80% chance the UI stats will account for the second projectile; the other 20% of the time it will show "reduced" stats because it only accounts for one projectile. It's weird I know, but that's the best explanation I've got for this anomaly.

5) I don't have a link, but I'd suggest max Lethal Torrent, max Barrel Diffusion, and max Pistol Pestilence. From there, just add whatever elements you want to proc the most (I'd reccomend viral since it halves every enemy's health with each proc).

Viral no longer stacks, iirc.

Corrosive is a great dps increase against high level Grineer but has to be stacked multiple times to see full benefit.

Radiation is a great CC tool, like a portable Chaos, as is electric, which stuns in a small AoE.

The rest are kinda meh. The DoT's can do great damage, but you tend to kill stuff before you fully utilize them.

As far as I know weapon damage only effects procs with damaging effects. Etc dealing Heat of 200 will tick for more than dealing heat of 100. Corrosive, Rad, Viral etc procs are all the same regardless of weapon damage.

2) If you have 90% proc chance, then 90% of the time you will get one elemental effect to proc (per projectile). If you have multishot, it is possible to proc two different elemental types at once, but each projectile can only proc one element upon hitting a target.

So which update changed the chance to do multiple procs with one shot?  

From my testing 2 weeks ago, I clearly got two procs (corrosive + viral) by shooting a SINGLE tysis shot.   I used no multishot mod, only elementals and the weapons stats were 42 viral and 35 corrosive.  Here's a screenshot I took from the video I made.

TwoProcsOneShot.jpg

so did DE change this in the last 2 weeks?

Edited by Krymanol

I dont think viral proccd there, maybe just an icon bug. If it had, the trooper would have full health as iirc the proc is delivered after the damage is done. (unless 79 damage did more than half his health bar?)

So which update changed the chance to do multiple procs with one shot?  

Huh... interesting. I've heard of this happening before, but never really noticed myself, so I didn't feel the need to include it in my earlier post. I'm going to test this a bit and see what's up.

EDIT: Yep, this is absolutely still possible. I was able to proc a gas dot and lower an opponent's armor with the corrosive proc using only one projectile. It's really only noticeable with the Tysis' high status chance, and even then it isn't too reliable. The extreme rarity of it happening makes me think it's a bug, but I really don't know.

Edited by chimp77

Huh... interesting. I've heard of this happening before, but never really noticed myself, so I didn't feel the need to include it in my earlier post. I'm going to test this a bit and see what's up.

EDIT: Yep, this is absolutely still possible. I was able to proc a gas dot and lower an opponent's armor with the corrosive proc using only one projectile. It's really only noticeable with the Tysis' high status chance, and even then it isn't too reliable. The extreme rarity of it happening makes me think it's a bug, but I really don't know.

Likely this is happening because of the Tysis' innate corrosive damage. I believe base damage procs have a higher priority than added elementals, so they may have a separate roll entirely and this is occurring because of the base damage being an elemental.