The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"powered" Enemies In Every Faction

AbathurX

I have no idea why EVERY FACTION now have a special something ive been looking for the name but i cant find it

So now the Ancient Disruptor is not unique to infested but to Corpus, I was playing stealthly with Ash (like i always do) and I was invisible and BOOM all my energy was gone. Why? Because a big corpus turned Disruptor and he DIDNT EVEN TOUCH ME. gg

-----------------------------------------------------------

Seriously DE, STOP KILLING THE FACTIONS!!! We dont have enough lore but giving those powers that USED TO represent factions are gone now... seriously 

Grinner : Wow theres the big guy who can knock you down if you get too close!!

Corpus : Kill the big guy before he deploys the robot shield thing!

Infested : That red guy is a corupter! Dont get too close or you will lose your energy!

THAT WAS FUN. You could easily recognize and tell how to avoid them. But now every faction has everything, Dont get me wrong, when I saw a "Fire Leader" "Ice Leader" or whatever it really surprised me, and I was glad to see something interesting and new BUT DO NOT MIX OTHER FACTIONS POWERS, What were you thinking DE? 

1) Too Lazy , you didnt even make new models.

And

2) Too Confusing, so now every faction is the same but with different models?

On the surface, your thread looks like QQ, but the points you make are actually quite strong.

1. They do need unique models - one for each faction

2. I never thought I'd say this... But Lotus needs to warn us when a leader is coming. A line telling us the type like "Tenno, a Fire-enhanced squad leader is approaching" instead of "Heavy unit incomming" would do wonders. Although, for an infested, it should really be something that's mutation based, not a "leader."

+1. Simply slapping on auras with identical effects onto reskinned enemies for a "Leader System!" is already incredibly lazy, but the fact that they did it without a care for the enemies' factions is simply annoying. When leaders were introduced, I felt like I was playing a (read: crappy) Korean MMO for a second. It seems like something Nexon would do.

If DE insists on keeping this "leader" system instead of, say, introducing new units, then the absolute least they could do is make the abilities faction-specific. Infested Chargers with Magnetic auras or Blizzard bubble shields makes absolutely no sense and adds nothing special to gameplay.

What I want to see out of this system is for the abilities to at least make sense. For example, as Archistopheles said, Infested "leaders" should at least be more mutation-oriented.

Edited by SortaRandom

visual distinction for these special units is a must; they need a different skin for flavor and an easy way to see them through a bunch of other enemies if the same type and/or size. You can't see the guy that's about to completely wipe all your energy pool clean without having to do anything but getting into range, and that's a problem (aside from that aura being bullsh*t to begin with)...especially with mobs spawning not from pre-determined "reinforcement" zones, but spawning even in the same room as you, as long as they're not inside your view (and sometimes even then), so they're not "sneaking up" on you, but outright teleporting in, even if only 2 enemies in the game are equipped with that tech, ability-wise.

Similarly, using your faction's weakness as your aura is really not lore-friendly. Infested with fire aura (which miraculously doesn't burn their allied Infested for incredible amounts of damage) or Corpus with magnetic aura (which is the most dangerous element for their robots and basic infantry, after all) is just...not right.

I assume this is all just a placeholder system before DE fleshes the system out; I would rather have leaders that buff their squad and give their weapons elemental damage, than some guy with a set of abilities that either trigger randomly or are constantly on; and is basically that of another mob or even a Tenno's, but completely lacking the restrictions of said ability (Ice Leader's mobile frostglobe, I look at you).

Next thing you know, there'll be leaders that trap the Tenno inside a Bastille or something like that.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/165158-are-corpus-tech-models-placeholders/page-4#entry2156326

It's very possible that those models are just placeholders as well. And as for the powers, if they were faction specific, people would complain because they don't have access to them. DE can't please everyone all the time, so they go for the majority.

I have to agree that it sounds like QQ, but just typing what I thought without my opinion or experience was dull. I am sorry but useless elitism that "some" people display kill the game with their: OMG OP WEP OP THIS, I CAN KILL IT? NO PROB. The point of this game (i think) is to make it fun and different, Thats why factions should be unique.

All I am asking is :

1) If you are going to change something, make it different, please dont be lazy Dev, i know it takes time to create something but we can wait.

2) Factions in warframe were really awesome because you could feel something different while fighting them (even in repetitive maps, which i never complained and never will because thats ok)