Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Stalker, And Bosses

Asghan

So, i was doing a Def. Mission vs. Corpus, the level was ~12, something i can easily solo around 10 waves by myself, what i didn't expect was the appearance of a Stalker, first i thout "ok, an extra mob i'll have to kill, will probably take some time but i'll do it" right ? NO. How am i supposed to fight against a level 45 fully shielded Boss mob on a level 12 area, without lvl 30 fully upgraded weaponry ?

The appearacne of a stalker is quite fun, having that nasty voice and lights fading wherever you walk, gives it a nice "dead space" feeling, and the fight against him seems to be quite the big deal as well, but it has to be toned to the specific level you are in, you can't just throw a high lvl boss on a lvl 1 area. Yes people will look forward to the next time they see a stalker to kick his butt, but what then ? If you are on a lvl 35 ~ 50 area will he show up as a lvl 87 boss ?

Regarding the map bosses ( vay hek and others ) there are some weapon types that won't even dent their health, i've been leveling the Paris and frankly the only boss i've been able to kill with it is the Golem on Saturn, because his AI is the dumbest thing i've ever seen on a boss, and his sweet spot is fairly easy to hit with any weapon. On the other hand, grineer bosses, apart from the melee ones, are impossible, the time between fully charged arrows is greater than their shield recharge timer, meaning, you can't beat his regen, and if you melee you get stunned and sprayed to the face.

I know the game has just entered O.Beta and that Devs probably have a lot on their plate to go through, well, sorry to say, here's another dish for that plate :)

Thanks for the attention.

Stalker is intended to kill your sorry behind. I personally see him as an environmental effect rather than a boss. If you're playing solo, kiss one of your revives goodbye, as it's very difficult if not impossible to avoid this guy (though depending on the situation you might outrun him to the exit....) It's entirely possible to get him off you with a group to back you up, however. Same goes for the bosses, DE is trying to promote the idea that its a cooperative game, sure you can go solo but don't expect to be able to do that for the big challenges. At least that's the way I see it, and besides games are more fun with friends, am I right? ;)

Also if you're having problem with shields, you should try to use a weapon with good rate of fire and ammo capacity to keep it down, and a weapon with good damage to whittle his health down (switch between the two as needed.) I usually use my pistol for the shields and rifle for health, but it can go the other way depending on what you use. Again though, so much easier if you've got some comrades, especially at higher levels.

Edited by northdragoon

So, i was doing a Def. Mission vs. Corpus, the level was ~12, something i can easily solo around 10 waves by myself, what i didn't expect was the appearance of a Stalker, first i thout "ok, an extra mob i'll have to kill, will probably take some time but i'll do it" right ? NO. How am i supposed to fight against a level 45 fully shielded Boss mob on a level 12 area, without lvl 30 fully upgraded weaponry ?

The appearacne of a stalker is quite fun, having that nasty voice and lights fading wherever you walk, gives it a nice "dead space" feeling, and the fight against him seems to be quite the big deal as well, but it has to be toned to the specific level you are in, you can't just throw a high lvl boss on a lvl 1 area. Yes people will look forward to the next time they see a stalker to kick his butt, but what then ? If you are on a lvl 35 ~ 50 area will he show up as a lvl 87 boss ?

Regarding the map bosses ( vay hek and others ) there are some weapon types that won't even dent their health, i've been leveling the Paris and frankly the only boss i've been able to kill with it is the Golem on Saturn, because his AI is the dumbest thing i've ever seen on a boss, and his sweet spot is fairly easy to hit with any weapon. On the other hand, grineer bosses, apart from the melee ones, are impossible, the time between fully charged arrows is greater than their shield recharge timer, meaning, you can't beat his regen, and if you melee you get stunned and sprayed to the face.

I know the game has just entered O.Beta and that Devs probably have a lot on their plate to go through, well, sorry to say, here's another dish for that plate :)

Thanks for the attention.

He's always level 45 as far as I can tell. Or at least he has been every time I've had him pop up, even on later levels.

Edited by Aggh

Stalker is intended to kill your sorry behind. I personally see him as an environmental effect rather than a boss. If you're playing solo, kiss one of your revives goodbye, as it's very difficult if not impossible to avoid this guy (though depending on the situation you might outrun him to the exit....)

I managed to get away, 3 times in a row now. Just keept running and pretty much ignoring what he said (even though I was stressedto the max). I think it has something to do with the environment (was all 3 times the asteroid world) and he couldn't persue me through all the level so I could clear the mission without any problem or he showing up

Edited by Zogg

still havent seen this so called stalker that everybody is talking about :P

Go kill a boss and find out. You'll know it when it happens. It's creepy.

Honestly I think this is a mechanic to fill you with dread if you're alone, emphasise team play, and in a sense, make you question if you are really playing the good guys.

Seriously. He says "Justice is served" after killing you. Not revenge, the plan, someone's will, but justice, a noble goal. We players might not be playing the good guys here.