The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Health-Related Wear & Tear

Deidaku

I feel like this should be obvious, but limping isn't the only way to express pain. There are plenty of ways to display health level that don't interfere with movement, idle animations being a good example; things like more labored breathing, clutching at a wounded area, a bit of shaking, maybe some pronounced balance adjustments to show fatigue or dizziness, are all things that could add a ton of life to player characters.

There could also be custom transitional animations when going from one movement state to another, but nothing that would interfere with your movement. Just some basic stuff like momentarily losing your footing when slowing down or speeding up, favoring one side while rolling, or crawling instead of crouch-walking.

Even though it's low priority, these kinds of things would be invaluable in gameplay because you could see approximately how safe you are without taking your eyes off what's happening. If anything it should at least be higher priority than emotes.

I know it will sound weird but what about the HUd cracking , breaking a bit on the edges , and then you can see it regenerate ?

I feel like this should be obvious, but limping isn't the only way to express pain. There are plenty of ways to display health level that don't interfere with movement, idle animations being a good example; things like more labored breathing, clutching at a wounded area, a bit of shaking, maybe some pronounced balance adjustments to show fatigue or dizziness, are all things that could add a ton of life to player characters.

There could also be custom transitional animations when going from one movement state to another, but nothing that would interfere with your movement. Just some basic stuff like momentarily losing your footing when slowing down or speeding up, favoring one side while rolling, or crawling instead of crouch-walking.

Even though it's low priority, these kinds of things would be invaluable in gameplay because you could see approximately how safe you are without taking your eyes off what's happening. If anything it should at least be higher priority than emotes.

I know it will sound weird but what about the HUd cracking , breaking a bit on the edges , and then you can see it regenerate ?

Now THESE are ideas that make my animation-loving heart pump.

Now THESE are ideas that make my animation-loving heart pump.

I need to find an example now :O , 

How about like the Halo reach ending hud but you can see regeneration with the energy color that you chose?

I'd like a HUD crack and Suit degrade, maybe add in an animation of a Tenno clutching his sides when walking (only for walking/jogging of course, nothing else, still being able to shoot with dual weapons and rifles. still being able to sprint)

Edited by RustyNaps

this don't work very well in a game where you go from 0 hp to full HP in a matter of second, or when you go down everytime. An impacted frame suddenly clean and new each time you go down and get revived ?

I'm like you and I would love to have a lot of visual little things upgraded everywhere, but you have to think what in the end, the perpetual réitération of the same visual gimmick will do in the game context.