Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Burning Sludge Weapon

Boboknight11

I was thinking today about fun and unique weapons to kill your foes with and I came up with this.

A continues AOE weapon like the Ignis but has a slow projectile travel time, a much tighter cone, the projectiles would stick to enemys and walls, would not have punch through, and would do AOE damage were it lands for a few minutes.  

The stats would look something like this:

Weapon type = primary

Trigger type = held

Mastery level = 6

Element = Fire

Damage per second on enemys = 150

Damage per second on surfaces = 50

Mag size = 50

Fire rate = 10 

Reload time = 4.0 sec

Status chance = 20.0% sec

Crit chance = 0.0%

Crit damage = 0.0%

Details:

Would be a clan tech weapon (from the cem labs of the grineer)

Would have a mod to slow down enemys when going through sludge (up to 50%) 

Would work with volt's shield (woot! long range sludge spray)

The visual element effect of the sludge would change depending on if any elements are combined with the base fire (like the ignis)

Can spray on team mates and self (aw yeah >:3)

Can hurt your but if sprayed on self will not do damage if shields are up

When stuck to walls or enemys would have 1 meter of AOE damage around the part were the sludge landed (would be increased my the mod firestorm)

Would have gravity on sludge stream

Would be awesome 

Would be fun

Needs to be put in the game (I would get it for sure even if it was not my idea) 

Edit: can now hurt self, does less damage on surfaces, now made by grineer, mod slowing decreased, and reload time increased.

Edited by Boboknight11

I like it except the part where you can't hurt yourself. Making an accurate AoE spray weapon with high proc rate and pure elemental damage will be OP. Obviously the numbers could be good or bad at any given time / in any given patch, but overall it's an overpowered idea with too many benefits. Hurting yourself would be an obvious and necessary drawback IMO.

What faction do you figure would make this? - I think Grineer kind of own the whole 'fire' thing between Ruk and the Ignis, and it's a bit indelicate for a Tenno weapon.

I like it except the part where you can't hurt yourself. Making an accurate AoE spray weapon with high proc rate and pure elemental damage will be OP. Obviously the numbers could be good or bad at any given time / in any given patch, but overall it's an overpowered idea with too many benefits. Hurting yourself would be an obvious and necessary drawback IMO.

What faction do you figure would make this? - I think Grineer kind of own the whole 'fire' thing between Ruk and the Ignis, and it's a bit indelicate for a Tenno weapon.

Yeah it's the grineer (forgot to put that and will fix it).

If it was able to hurt you then just only getting a little on you will slowly kill you (unless you're Rhino for course)