Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Enemy Invasion Rework Concept] - Encourages Players To Fight All Factions

Deepsixeden

I've noticed that majority of players tend to bum rush one particular faction in order to farm or gain easy xp or just because they are easy.

This ends up pushing back that faction into one small area, allowing the other faction(s) to spread because nobody cares about them.

I have a neat idea of how to encourage players to band together and fight against ALL the factions!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE IDEA

If one faction gets demolished and get pushed back into a small area, that faction becomes super weak and low level, making them yield little xp and/or loot. On the other hand, the other factions that are dominating the solar system and conquering planets, become strong and gain higher levels allowing them to give higher xp and/or loot!

This way it encourages players to come together and fight whichever faction has the biggest foothold for some additional xp and/or loot with some extra challenge! Plus it allows each faction to have its chance to spread across the system!

Maybe have 3 "Life Bars" at the Main Hub showing the percentage of the system each faction controls to show players which faction is struggling and which is dominating the system!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this makes sense! And sorry if this has already been thought of, just wanted to post an idea for the devs!

See you in game Tenno!

Interesting idea, however I would also like to see this implemeneted:

The losing side starts offering bigger rewards, such as 100k credits, Vauban parts, Clan Tech research blueprints, boats of resources, and so on.

Would really help with the dynamics of Invasions.

Interesting idea, however I would also like to see this implemeneted:

The losing side starts offering bigger rewards, such as 100k credits, Vauban parts, Clan Tech research blueprints, boats of resources, and so on.

Would really help with the dynamics of Invasions.

That would work well! Because the losing side needs help, so they start offer bigger rewards to help them instead of the others!

People don't care what they get, they care about what is easy. Could easily see this back firing. Also people will just always side with the grinner no matter what, so this would just make it easier for grineer to rule the solar system.

Sorry.

But if they let the Grineer take over and allow the other factions to be cornered into a tiny area, those other factions will be super easy, but they wont give anything in return. Tiny xp and/or loot. Players would have a choice to fight the Grineer since they would give super xp and/or loot.

Unless you like fighting weak enemies for no xp and loot over and over.

But if they let the Grineer take over and allow the other factions to be cornered into a tiny area, those other factions will be super easy, but they wont give anything in return. Tiny xp and/or loot. Players would have a choice to fight the Grineer since they would give super xp and/or loot.

Unless you like fighting weak enemies for no xp and loot over and over.

Lets suppose that the grineer have almost all of the solar system and that the corpus are almost gone. Now that the corpus are week no one will want to play for them (other then die hard corpus supporters) because they give no xp or rewards. Now lets look at the grineer, they are going to be so hard to beat no one will fight them (and grineer have way more die hard supporters then the corpus). any way you look at it your idea will kill the corpus.

Lets suppose that the grineer have almost all of the solar system and that the corpus are almost gone. Now that the corpus are week no one will want to play for them (other then die hard corpus supporters) because they give no xp or rewards. Now lets look at the grineer, they are going to be so hard to beat no one will fight them (and grineer have way more die hard supporters then the corpus). any way you look at it your idea will kill the corpus.

Thats why you band together with your friends and other players! To defeat the stronger enemies! I read and hear all over the place about how easy everything is, this will give the difficulty everyone is asking for! :D

Thats why you band together with your friends and other players! To defeat the stronger enemies! I read and hear all over the place about how easy everything is, this will give the difficulty everyone is asking for! :D

People don't know what they want. you give them harder enemys and people complain it's impossible. Give people good weapons and people complain it's op. Many games are in this cycle and can never get out. 

People don't know what they want. you give them harder enemys and people complain it's impossible. Give people good weapons and people complain it's op. Many games are in this cycle and can never get out. 

Either way, its just a thought! Even if it seems pointless because as you said, people dont know what they want. But at least I do!