Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Midas-Alchemical Warframe Concept

AnubistheNinja

Power 1--Phlogiston discharge

Midas slams a flask on the ground full of red liquid. It blows up and does blast damage, and knocks enemies very far back.  If the enemies hit a wall they take impact damage as well, depending on how much further they would have travelled if the wall wasn't there.  Improving this power increases the range, knockback and damage.

Power 2--Quicksilver

Midas transforms into a pool of deadly mercury.  In this form he can move twice as fast and flow up walls and along ceilings.  If he touches an enemy he deals poison DoT.  Improving this power increases the duration and damage.

Power 3--Transmutation

All damage of primary and secondary weapons is changed to random and alternating elemental damages (includes combined ones).  In this form the weapons have a 100% status chance.  Improving this power means the damage will be more than that of the original weapon, and increases the duration.

Power 4-- Chrysopoeia

All enemies in an AoE cone are turned to gold.  They take high (????) damage and are frozen until the duration runs out or you melee them.  If they are dead then they won't unfreeze ever (obviously).  Melee-ing an enemy, dead or alive, will give you lots of credits.

Base Stats:

Shields--Mid/High 

Health--Mid

Armour--Very low

Please give feedback. :D

My only suggestions would be while the 3rd power is active, the weapons are going to deal ONLY elemental damage, the three weapons, none physical damage... and maybe the element will change each 3 seconds? And change the 4th, sounds to me a lot like frost avalanche, I love frost but we already have the avalanche... and it's prohibited to transmute things into gold, maybe more elemental damage, something like he makes a lot of crystal spikes pop out of the ground dealing damage and then explode throwing needles all around dealing more damage... a fixed amount of random physical+elemental damage(lets make the rng that have trolled us so much useful for something!)

He/she/it could be like vauban, not too fast, not too strong but with a huge power pool to use his powers... I'm thinking of him like a mage... a crystal cannon! 

Edited by Iacon

That's what I meant the third power to be like except each bullet does a different elemental damage.  Why is goldification prohibited? 

See FullMetal Alchemist :P (I hope some otaku gonna get it)(Alchemists have prohibited to transform things into gold to become rich)

What if you have that stone that the priest in the first book had?

YOU GAVE ME AN IDEA!!!

Lets introduce a new gameplay mechanic!!! When Midas kills enemies he collects their blood to create a philosofal stone within the Warframe, while using his first 3 abilities, the more blood he has collected, the more power strength/duration he will gain (depending on the ability) but using the powers will consume a little bit of it and when he uses his ultimate it will totally consume the filosofal stone he has to improve it, making this ability stronger... the more blood he has collected, the biggest his philosofal stone is, the more OP he is going to be, to balance this his powers are going to be a little bit weaker than other Warframes and the more OP his powers are, the more weak he is going to be (he sacrifices endurance for power, having the stone have a cost, reducing a little % of his shield and health and maybe increasing energy cost) and to make this visible, instead of adding something to the HUD, those circuit things that bright when the Warframes uses their powers, the more blood Midas have collected the more they will bright and more of them we are going to be able to see

(sorry for the bad english, that text was too big for a non english speaker)

Edited by Iacon

Actually this sounds very interesting.

His 4 sounds a little bit like Avalanche, but it has a higher focus on freezing them instead of Avalanches damage-animation.

Interesting

His 2 is also something unique that would be interesting to experience.

hope DE reads this topic, that frame sounds very funny