Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snipetron Idea!

Nazarel

AHHH WALL OF TEXT!!!!!

So I recently decided to try the Snipetron again. Post update 7 that is.

What I found is I never gave it much thought to why it would be different than before.

The reasons I didn't like it before were:

1. Slow reload speed.

2. Low mag capacity.

Those were my main issues, Now I should add I never did supercharge it, but thats because I decided I liked the Boltor.

Anyways decided to buy it again, without much thought to my previous opinion. What I've noticed is that even with a 25% mag increase.. it's still 5 shots. Lol Durr right? Just never thought about it. Also I have a 20% reload speed mod, which just isn't that much.

So even if we have 5 shots, and its 1 hit kill on the weaker enemies or even 1 shot headshots, thats still only 5 kills and then a long reload, as where the Boltor for example can easily kill 7-8 or more of the weaker enemies in a clip.

So being that I get my Ash frame tomorrow, have 3 good sidearms all modded up and leveled and a melee weapon that I currently am having lots of fun with I think if you used everything you had situationaly the Snipetron could fit into your arsenal quit well.

That being said instead of giving up on it this time and since I have other guns now and its not my first level 30 weapon (I mean last time I switched weapons before my Snipetron, or any weapon was 30) I had an idea to make if more efficent in the right situation.

Heres my idea tell me what you guys think.

Mod the Snipetron with the focus of: Puncture and Multishot.

probably have some reload/damage/mag/fire rate mods on there as well.

My idea being fire 1 shot, that is a multishot, that punctures and kills multiple enemies.

Think it would work? never used puncture before and still pretty new to this game,

Let me know what you guys think..

PS: Im sure theres plently grammar and spelling errors in there my appologies.

Cheers

What you suggested is pretty much the thing to do with the Snipetron, was before the new mod system as well.

Edit: Get as high level mods of the following as you can;

Multishot: Every percent of Multishot can be seen as an equal increase in damage.

Penetration: Get enough and you can kill 2-3 enemies with a single bullet or shoot them through cover. (Also makes the riot shield guys defenseless.

Damage: Max out a damage increase mod, you'll need it to keep one shotting at higher levels.

Crit Chance: Take advantage of something the Snipetron is naturally good at.

Crit Damage: As above

Reload Speed: This will help with the low clip size and long reload speed a lot

Elementals: Grab the one that works best for the faction you are fighting. E.g. Fire for Infestation.

Mag size is useless unless it goes up to like 100%

Edited by Deathstrik3

Damn, sounds pretty awesome.

Also can someone clear up, how exactly does multishot work? if you have 100% multishot does that mean you shoot multiple shots 100% of the time? and is it just double the shot so 100dmg shot with 100% multishot is 200dmg in 1 shot? or is it 100% dmg sometimes?

100% multishot means you will fire an extra round every time you shoot the gun and it will do the normal damage of your gun.

Unless it is a shotgun, then each shot has that much extra pellets in it.

10% multishot is ever 10th bullet you fire will shoot a second round and it will still do 100% of the weapons damage.

It should also be noted that the extra round from Multishot doesn't actually take ammo from your clip.

100% multishot means you will fire an extra round every time you shoot the gun and it will do the normal damage of your gun.

Unless it is a shotgun, then each shot has that much extra pellets in it.

10% multishot is ever 10th bullet you fire will shoot a second round and it will still do 100% of the weapons damage.

It should also be noted that the extra round from Multishot doesn't actually take ammo from your clip.

I think it's actually random. So a 10% multishot weapon has a 10% chance of firing an extra shot, while a 110% multishot weapon will fire two shots and have a 10% chance of firing a third shot.

I think it's actually random. So a 10% multishot weapon has a 10% chance of firing an extra shot, while a 110% multishot weapon will fire two shots and have a 10% chance of firing a third shot.

That is how I thought it worked at first as well, but after using it on the Paris it has been far to consistent and some other people on the forums said that was how it worked.

But either way, 10% multishot and saying one out of every ten shots will fire an extra round is still accurate.