Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Concept: "sektor" - Grineer Razorwire Launcher

Xaelon

====================================

The Sektor - Grineer Razorwire Launcher

====================================

Lore:
----------

Before the The Cicero Toxin was developed as a way for the Grinner to clear the Orokin grown forests on earth, the Sektor was designed as a way to cut down large trees at range using a superheated wire stretched between two spikes shot at high velocity.  Recently rediscovered by the Tenno, this former tool has been modified into a weapon offering an interesting tactical approach to combat.

Note: It's possible that this could be a Tenno weapon instead of Grineer, how the weapon 'works' and looks would just need to be changed.

Looks:
I kinda see it as a larger Miter.  Or as a Gremlin rifle with one or two barrels, depending on how the weapon fires.  

Gameplay Behavior
=====================
Basic Description:
------------------

A weapon that shoots heavy bolts.  Bolts stick into solid objects.  Every pair of bolts fired becomes linked by a superheated wire.  The wire persists between the bolts as long as they are close enough together.  The wire deals high damage to any enemy it touches.  The wire breaks if it connects with a tough enough enemy or solid object. Once stationary, the wire lasts until an enemy breaks it or it burns out.  

Detailed Description:
---------------------

This weapon would fire heavy bolts (like those fired by the Boltor).  These would deal puncture damage and stick into objects, walls or enemies.  The bolts would also persist like the Penta's grenades or a Castanas shuriken.  Every two bolts fired become linked by superheated wire (provided the bolts are close enough together).  The wire would deal a combination of slash and fire damage.  It could behave like the beam of the Flux Rifle, the Corpus security beams, or the Void's death beams.  The wire deals damage to any enemy who comes in contact with it.  The enemy could also be staggered, knocked down or dismembered depending on how much damage the enemy takes from the wire. If the wire connects with an enemy that it cannot kill, it breaks (the bolts would keep flying till they hit a solid object, punch-through non-withstanding).  Provided the wire is still intact when both bolts connect with a wall (and are close enough together), it will form a deadly trap for any enemy who attempts to cross it.  The wire exists between the two bolts until it either burns out or it connects with an enemy that it cannot kill.  As long as the stationary wire is able to stagger or knock an enemy down it will last until it burns out.  The Sektor would either be semi-automatic.  An alternate and (possibly overpowered) fire-mode would be a charge trigger like that of the Stug.  The longer the weapon is charged the more ammo is loaded.  When the trigger is released, all the stored ammo is released in a large burst forming a spiderweb of crossed wires, able to mow down large groups of enemies.  This would need to be worked to keep the bolts in a tight, yet wide enough group to be useful.

Why did I come up with this?
-----------------------------

It sounds like an interesting idea (to me at least).  

I wanted a weapon that could be used to lay traps, as well as being able to be used in open combat without needing to be remotely triggered.

Warframe needs more interesting weapons.

Weapons that stick to things can make for very interesting play.

Details:
----------

The most important point is that since it would be hard to use the gun's wire effectively, the damage the wire deals should be enough to justify the gun's difficulty.  My best guess is that it would be similar to hitting enemies with the Lanka.  The bolts are low damage, that way you can stick them to enemies and watch as they kill their friends with the wire.  

This weapon would probably be unlocked through clan research.

Other ideas:
Maybe the wire could deal continuous damage instead?  

Maybe the charge trigger function's opposite to Drakgoon (getting wider the longer it's held) and the gun shoots one pair of bolts per trigger pull?

Stats:
------------------

Note: I made educated guesses on all of these.  I've no real idea if these are balanced or not.
------------------
Weapon Slot: Primary
Ammo Type: Rifle
Trigger: Semi-Auto
Bullet Speed: 150
Fire Rate 4 rounds/second
Reload Speed: 2/second
Magazine: 20 (pairs)
Accuracy: 25
Damage:
Bolts - 5 Puncture/5 impact
      - 10% status
      - no Crit chance

Wire - 40 slash/160 fire
     - 25% status
     - 30% Crit Chance/2.5x Crit Damage
     - Wire Burn out time = 30/sec

Constructive feedback is welcome.  The more detailed, the better.