The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick Surveys On Sugary Beverages If You Don't Mind - School Related

EChondo

Hey guys, I am conducting a survey for my English class which is based off of whether or not there should be a "Soda Tax" on sugary beverages. These are simple questions, most are yes and no, and I will be using Straw Poll to collect the answers.

Here are the questions;

1. Should Sugary Beverages Be Taxed 2 Cents Per Ounce?

2. Should Warning Labels Be Put on Soda Cans or Other Sugary Beverages?

3. Should People Be Prevented From Purchasing Soda With Food Stamps?

4. How Many Sugary Beverages Do You Drink Daily?

I will be sharing this with other websites. If you wish to discuss the implications that this could cause or problems this could solve, feel free to do so below!

Thanks guys for the help, I really do appreciate it.

I voted, GL

I think its crazy how Corporate Amer is seeking to make even more money off of us. Esp off junk food/drinks that cost little to nothing to produce, then hide their reasoning behind health concerns.... yea right.

I also think that EBT recipients should be allowed to buy soda sugary drinks if they want too. Why unnecessarily limit their variety of drinks.

I drink soda, punches and teas most of the time, love my drinks.

you people are crazy.

fix.

"that they increase the risk of obesity, diabetes and tooth decay."

no shhh. so if people don't understand that - let them have it. it's like natural selection you know.

"San Francisco County supervisors are considering a 2-cents-per-ounce tax on sodas, sports drinks and energy drinks to generate an estimated $31 million for recreation and nutrition programs."

good thinking. why not to make money on bad habits. smokes, alcohol, tea, coffee and soda now.

you know i am glad that there is the ocean between us.
Edited by Althix

you people are crazy.

fix.

no shhh. so if people don't understand that - let them have it. it's like natural selection you know.

1. Grab a dictionary or use one of the many free ones online and look up this word...

2. You took the words out my mouth, stop being a sheep. Corporate world love people like you, they can sale you anything with a pretty picture and you'll eat up with a smile while their pockets get better. They can easily change the ingredients in said products to lessen the risks of increasing obesity, diabetes and tooth decay.

Then there's still the problem with people needing to get off their asses and go exercising or at least a walk for 30mins or so. Brushing their teeth more, better or at least at all. Because there are people who don't practice decent dental hygiene. 

At the end of the day, it's mostly the crap they put in a lot of this stuff to fatten their pockets, not so much the product itself, over all....

Smh, yea natural selection ole right....

not really understood number 1... but i guess i have some decent flaws in english.

anyway. you see, i wrestled when i was younger. after that - army. and 12 years after army I still run in the mornings and do push-ups 6 days in a week. My wife is jogging as well. 3 days in a week... 3-4 kms. diet: vegetables and fish. it's a habbit or live style.

this stuff on a link above, it's not a solution to obestity, diabetes or tooth decay. it's just bright idea of making money on sales said soda. Because you know... it looks like: oh these soda consumers are lost cause, so let us make some cash instead. for parks and playgrounds. kind of.

and about go exercising... you do understand that said human being must have a decent strenght of will in order to work on his/her body.

aslo. for example - mcdonalds. bread used for sandwiches sweet as well. so you get the idea right?

Edited by Althix

you people are crazy.

fix.

"San Francisco County supervisors are considering a 2-cents-per-ounce tax on sodas, sports drinks and energy drinks to generate an estimated $31 million for recreation and nutrition programs."

good thinking. why not to make money on bad habits. smokes, alcohol, tea, coffee and soda now.

Thank you for your input, but would your mind change for #1 if the U.S. government took the money from the tax and subsidized healthier options?

Healthy choices here in the states are more than often more expensive than their unhealthy counterparts. 

not really understood number 1... but i guess i have some decent flaws in english.

anyway. you see, i wrestled when i was younger. after that - army. and 12 years after army I still run in the mornings and do push-ups 6 days in a week. My wife is jogging as well. 3 days in a week... 3-4 kms. diet: vegetables and fish. it's a habbit or live style.

this stuff on a link above, it's not a solution to obestity, diabetes or tooth decay. it's just bright idea of making money on sales said soda. Because you know... it looks like: oh these soda consumers are lost cause, so let us make some cash instead. for parks and playgrounds. kind of.

and about go exercising... you do understand that said human being must have a decent strenght of will in order to work on his/her body.

With #1 I was saying that 'risk' is a possibility of it happening and not a 100% guarantee.

Yea exactly, it's not a true solution, just another way for the corporate world to make more money. Fixing the problem or helping to fix it would be to change the ingredients.

Like a couple years ago with the trans fat in fast food burger giants (i.e. McDonalds, etc). I like how Chick-Fil-A uses peanut oil to fry their chicken, it's safer.

Some people try to help fix the problem, others just try to cover it up and make money off it.

We all know that healthier eating is more expense, since it's good for you. Corporate exploits that and charge more. Now they're trying to charge more for the unhealthy eating to get the money they're missing out on people who buy an off brand orange juice compared to a name brand orange juice like Tropicana, etc.

It's an elaborate tactic.

it's a choice. you know.

i quit wrestling, because I broke six ribs and dislocated collarbone on a tournament. and to start exercising after that was really, really hard. not because of pain, no, I was lazy to do it. people in general have little motivation to say no to things they like even if these things ruin their health, and say yes to things that do good for them.

i was smoking for 6 years. and to quit smoking at some point... well. it was hard, painful (that too) but i did that. because my wife helped me.

building parks and some areas for sport activities will not make people to do exercises. and taxes will not stop them from purchasing let say soda.

let say pack of cigs in Helsinki will cost you almost 6 euro. six. euro. and people still smoke. because higher price is not motivation enough. besides you can get in your car and go to russian border and buy cigs there for 1 euro for pack.

Edited by Althix

it's a choice. you know.

i quit wrestling, because I broke six ribs and dislocated collarbone on a tournament. and to start exercising after that was really, really hard. not because of pain, no, I was lazy to do it. people in general have little motivation to say no to things they like even if these things ruin their health, and say yes to things that do good for them.

i was smoking for 6 years. and to quit smoking at some point... well. it was hard, painful (that too) but i did that. because my wife helped me.

building parks and some areas for sport activities will not make people to do exercises. and taxes will not stop them from purchasing let say soda.

let say pack of cigs in Helsinki will cost you almost 6 euro. six. euro. and people still smoke. because higher price is not motivation enough. besides you can get in your car and go to russian border and buy cigs there for 1 euro for pack.

Exactly, it's a choice. They just wish to capitalize on peoples choices. I never understand why people smoked, or even tried it, but from my understanding, is the 'nicotin' is what makes it addicting right?

Why can't they simply remove that ingredient and/or substitute it. Instead, they capitalize on it, with taxes. Tax money which is mostly splurge money for politicians for their many vacations, lavish 'business trips', side chicks, mistresses support fare, etc Lol

Yes more people could choose to exercise more but we live in a world of 7billion+ people. Reality is that not everyone is going to do so. We're different. So do the ones that are different get punish for the sake of a fatter pocket?!

Fast Food has always and likely will always be a booming industry. They sale soft/sugar drinks in their combo meals. 

It's more convenient for some people to get fast food rather than buy food from the grocery store then go on and use electricity to cook the food, not to mention the time to buy then cook it. So people tend to overlook the unhealthy factors for the convenient factors.

Corporate smiles at this and wants in on it, more on it. There's many sides/teams in Corporate World. One side wants to do this another side wants this or that, they all want more money that's for sure, Lol

Besides there are healthy establishments like Subway, Moe's, and others that offer a healthier choice of eating but also sale soft/sugary drinks. So people who seek to at least try to eat a bit healthier but still like their sugar drinks are going to get punished?!

It's like borderline subconsciously forcing people to be health freaks, er um -ier. But unless they're forcing them to exercise too, it's somewhat futile. 

As you mention, people can always seek to get their 'fix' else where, by other means.