Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tile Set Idea? All Feedback/suggestions Welcome.

Nagaasus

Earth... The home world of the Grineer. We have seen many battles fought here, and many changed throughout Warframe's development. We now have the forest tile sets with swamps and broken Grineer technology. 

But... What of the ancient civilizations? 

My idea is to design concept, and convince DE to implement tiles for an ancient( and destroyed) human city. In the likeness of New York, Tokyo, Houston, Moscow, whatever. Allowing the Tenno to explore what once was, and how it ended.

The ideas for concept are endless, but how should we do it? Aged and broken? Destroyed and ashes? Flooded in ice or dirt? What happened to earth after these thousands of years? What happened after the days of Hayden Tenno?

The general idea is to let players roam around and kill Corpus and Griner(maybe even a new faction?!) in the human's home world. Giving a sense of "holy crap what happened?" to the game. 

MY hopes is to see an entirely infested city. Nothing remaining but infested and maybe specs of Grineer. Reflecting on how things were heading in Dark Sector...

Imagine this; You are Rhino. Doing what seems to be your every day Grineer extermination or recon. You land on the planet and the ship flies away. Your feet plant on the ground and dust flies from the ground as if you are the first to ever touch this Earth. You walk into the city, broken and destroyed, void of all life and eerily quiet. You walk into a large half-fallen building and find the bones of countless humans. As if they were huddled together for safety and warmth. Now fossilized from the elements and time. You proceed onto a dark stairway... the first step snaps from rust. As if it was waiting for a day that so much as a moth were to place it's feet upon it. The silence breaks and echos throughout the ruins of the once-was city. Silent moans grow into loud roars, the ground shakes, and the hairs on your neck begin to stand. Infested.... Like never seen before. Mutations on the Lephantis scale. Large, ancient brutes. Grineer are no longer your problem. Survival is.

So yeah, concept artwork for this is on it's way. I'm not the best artist, so it's taking me a while. If you have any ideas for the tile sets, or even feedbacks, feel welcome. Please refrain from rude, or blatant insults. Thanks for reading.

The game is set many thousands of yeas in the future so it is unlikley that any modern day ruins still exist but I would not mind fighting in some old earth ruins (as long as it is not as stutery as the current earth tiles set)

So all the feedback I can give is.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/89-fan-concepts/ !!!!!

Edited by BrotherIcarus

The game is set many thousands of yeas in the future so it is unlikley that any modern day ruins still exist but I would not mind fighting in some old earth ruins (as long as it is not as stutery as the current earth tiles set)

So all the feedback I can give is.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/89-fan-concepts/ !!!!!

Yeah, which in concept, is why I'm having trouble showing how much of the city will actually be standing. Most will be dust and rubble, but some are materials that may last these thousands of years. Just look at the pyramids for example. They're starting to decay but are still completely intact. 

Imagine this; You are Rhino. Doing what seems to be your every day Grineer extermination or recon. You land on the planet and the ship flies away. Your feet plant on the ground and dust flies from the ground as if you are the first to ever touch this Earth. You walk into the city, broken and destroyed, void of all life and eerily quiet. You walk into a large half-fallen building and find the bones of countless humans. As if they were huddled together for safety and warmth. Now fossilized from the elements and time. You proceed onto a dark stairway... the first step snaps from rust. As if it was waiting for a day that so much as a moth were to place it's feet upon it. The silence breaks and echos throughout the ruins of the once-was city. Silent moans grow into loud roars, the ground shakes, and the hairs on your neck begin to stand. Infested.... Like never seen before. Mutations on the Lephantis scale. Large, ancient brutes. Grineer are no longer your problem. Survival is.

This sounds absolutely amazing. Although it wouldn't exactly suit Warframe because your only there for one mission, not an entire game. It does sound like an amazing plot for another game. I would love to see something like this done in Warframe regardless though. 

Yeah, which in concept, is why I'm having trouble showing how much of the city will actually be standing. Most will be dust and rubble, but some are materials that may last these thousands of years. Just look at the pyramids for example. They're starting to decay but are still completely intact. 

I'm definitely no lore expert on Warframe but you should take into account that earth is now kind of an overgrown forest if I'm not mistaken. I mean I could be completely wrong but I think that's what I heard. Anyway we do still have structures today that are thousands or years old like the pyramids you mentioned, or even ancient cities. Although most are somewhat maintained by people (Keeping out trespassers/not letting vegetation to grow wildly everywhere. Which is a major point in your concept IF earth is overgrown with it.)

But overall this sounds like a cool idea. Also who's Hayden Tenno?

Edited by SomethingCrazy

This sounds absolutely amazing. Although it wouldn't exactly suit Warframe because your only there for one mission, not an entire game. It does sound like an amazing plot for another game. I would love to see something like this done in Warframe regardless though. 

I'm definitely no lore expert on Warframe but you should take into account that earth is now kind of an overgrown forest if I'm not mistaken. I mean I could be completely wrong but I think that's what I heard. Anyway we do still have structures today that are thousands or years old like the pyramids you mentioned, or even ancient cities. Although most are somewhat maintained by people (Keeping out trespassers/not letting vegetation to grow wildly everywhere. Which is a major point in your concept IF earth is overgrown with it.)

But overall this sounds like a cool idea. Also who's Hayden Tenno?

Hayden Tenno was the main character in the prequal to Warframe. When the virus that created the infested started. In the end he was mutated by the virus, and had a Warframe created for him to boost his abilities given by the mutation. For example, he was able to generate a glaive similar to the one in Warframe at will. From a metallic-like arm that grow as a result of the mutation. It seemed that most of the population was beginning to become infested. Some were hyper-mutated and ENORMOUS. Able to throw buses and things like it was nothing. Hoping to see some of that in the future for Earth.

I'd find it interesting to have Ruin Tilesets set up on earth, Honestly there is a LARGE amount of variety, even if you're only using North American buildings, buildings that fell down, and so you're jumping to reach the door to find a separate room that might hold secrets, or a defense mission located on the 5th floor of a 6 story building, where Grineer ships are dropping troops from the top that come down the stairs, rope slide down through the windows or use the rocket packs to jump down. 

Ruin Tilesets add a HUGE variety to the current mapset for earth, maybe since earth already has the green set, it might be moved to mercury or another area though.

Hmmm. Maybe this could work for Mars - after all, humanity is just chomping at the bit to colonize it IRL. It would make sense to be the second oldest human settlement in the Warframe universe.

I don't think they would completely change Earth's tileset so soon after they released the jungle.

Edited by Rule34

• 1 year later...