The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Older Helmets Get Their Stat Changes Nixed, Or Should Stat Changes Be Added To New Ones?

8bit_Ghost

When the Focus system is finally added to the game that may turn out to be the appropriate time to turn all helmets purely cosmetic.

I'd rather they just leave it as-is until a point like that. Focus is supposed to mean much more interesting and extensive Customization of maxed out Frames and such so I wont mind Helmet stats retiring when that is added into the mix.

Removing it now might negatively effect the fun factor on people's favorite frame. This should be avoided unless it is absolutely necessary. Helmets with stats aren't on the verge of destroying the point of the game so there is no harm in leaving them be for now.

I think this is really important to remember. This extra customization will likely fill the void that many players feel is present with the new helms giving no stats, as well as solve the problem of helmets that have useless stats.

I think this is really important to remember. This extra customization [Focus] will likely fill the void that many players feel is present with the new helms giving no stats, as well as solve the problem of helmets that have useless stats.

Yes removing helmet stats and replacing with a Focus stat enhancement might be the best way. Players can look how they want, and customize without it being tied to looks. I wouldn't mind an extra mod slot like auras to put a 'style' mod in either. Lots of slots seem taken up by shield/health/energy 'requirements' as is

Remove the stats from helmets, add them to a pool, allow us to pick and choose which stat to apply to our helmets.

If we did that everyone one just nitpick and choose 1-3 helmets and won't bother with the rest. (Granted the same thing happens to every Warframe, people would simply pick what they feel is the better of the 2.)

I like the system it has already, I just wish some of the stat inducing helmets are more equal towards each other so one isn't clearly more beneficial to a certain Warframe than another.

How is it that this thread appears so regularly, and people still post the same thoughts on the discussion EVERY TIME. 

-Costume Slot
-Make All Helms Statless
-Mix and Match

Like hundreds of mmo's before it, this is no revelation, and DE is aware of the concept, and have been ever since the first discussions of removing stats from helms was prompted many, many livestreams ago. I am normally not the type to drone on about pointless/rehashed/constantly necro'd suggestions, but come on. This conversation has been had countless times before, and it is always circular, just page after page of people making the same suggestion.

TL;DR: Either make NEW suggestions on helmet stat distribution, or stop making the same threads over and over again.

I'll stop being uppity now.

TL;DR: Either make NEW suggestions on helmet stat distribution, or stop making the same threads over and over again.

Sorry if this has been said before. Just something I realized. I may be an older player but I've been gone for a while... ^_^;;

Sorry if this has been said before. Just something I realized. I may be an older player but I've been gone for a while... ^_^;;

It's not intended to be a personal attack, I just wish that something new would be brought to the discussion, if people insist on having it so frequently. 

I'll be honest as one that likes the stat boosts.. The only reason I have to buy a helmet is if I like the stats, the cosmetics I can ignore and am perfectly fine with the default if there are no good options. As far as building them, I'll save the helmets until I have nothing else to build since it'd be a waste of neural sensors.

Granted, there are some cosmetic helmets I would like, but don't feel it's worth the resources or platinum. If they could be made with common resources or had an option to toggle stats, I'd spring for them.

I know there are a lot on both sides of the fence, but it seemed like there's more desiring cosmetic only that are speaking up. Which is just another reason I'll most likely be keeping the default in the future.