Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Life-Steal Gauntlet

OtherScruffy

The [name here] gauntlet. 

This weapon harnesses life force itself. 

My idea of it visually is that of a gauntlet or glove on one hand with a sleeve like coil that wraps around the arm. Perhaps of Tenno or Corpus origin.

In technicality this can behave as either a short ranged cone area melee, a shotgun or held or charged rifle.

Its main function is that on its basic attack it will use a percentage of total player health to deal double that percent to one or multiple enemies as damage, varying on specifics of the weapon. Its secondary (held) attack focuses a beam to one enemy dealing a percent of damage per tick while returning half that percent back as health. That's the general idea.

I feel that this would be a viable option for both tank frames and healing / support frames. For example, shields regenerate on their own and there are mods to boost both the amount and regeneration speed as well as powers to return them, however it's not as easy to reliably return health in battle. Equilibrium is costly to rank high and relies on constant and high energy consumption. Oberon's Reckoning is based on chance to drop health and even then the orb only gives 25 health, not everyone plays Oberon so it's not reliable. Nekros is more reliable for giving the team more health orbs, however not everyone plays Nekros and the health orbs only give back 25 health, neither are reliable or dependable.

When Valkyr was released I planned to Forma her many times over and use her as my main frame, which I've tried and experimented with, though the only way I felt I would feel like a health, armor and melee based tank or beserker was if I had the Rage mod (Which I never managed to get, woe is me.) because Valkyr feels too much like a losing force of attrition, once your health has been worn down you're out of the fight for a substantial amount of time, she simply doesn't feel sustainable as a frame and the play style she's catering towards is a one trick pony at best (Galatine / charged attacks.). Though hopefully this will be fixed in Melee 2.0.

Here are some attacks it could have..

Up to 3, at base, close range beams fire out from the palm, seeking enemies to deal a higher percentage of the frames total health used out as damage equally to each target they hit. So lets say the frame has 300 health, it uses 75 health to deal 135 damage to each target at base, for example.

(Charged) A single, longer beam fires out like Deth Cubes Vaporize, draining their health at a percentage whilst returning it as a lesser amount of health. So lets say this does 200 damage and returns 50 health at base for example.

(Held) A beam fires and links to a target draining health per tick and returning it as health at a lower percentage.

Using a normal attack, enemies in close range are knocked back and dealt a percentage of the Warframe's total health.

Using a held attack on a team mate drains your health to restore theirs. (Aw, how thoughtful of you.)

As an added bonus idea, a mod specific to this weapon type that converts it from health restoration to energy or stamina.

Edit: My name suggestion is Ipsemet which is latin for the phrase "His own very self." in reference to how the weapon functions. 

Edited by OtherScruffy

The [name here] gauntlet.

This weapon harnesses life force itself. 

My idea of it visually is that of a gauntlet or glove on one hand with a sleeve like coil that wraps around the arm. Perhaps of Tenno or Corpus origin.

In technicality this can behave as either a short ranged cone area melee, a shotgun or held or charged rifle.

Its main function is that on its basic attack it will use a percentage of total player health to deal double that percent to one or multiple enemies as damage, varying on specifics of the weapon. Its secondary (held) attack focuses a beam to one enemy dealing a percent of damage per tick while returning half that percent back as health. That's the general idea.

I feel that this would be a viable option for both tank frames and healing / support frames. For example, shields regenerate on their own and there are mods to boost both the amount and regeneration speed as well as powers to return them, however it's not as easy to reliably return health in battle. Equilibrium is costly to rank high and relies on constant and high energy consumption. Oberon's Reckoning is based on chance to drop health and even then the orb only gives 25 health, not everyone plays Oberon so it's not reliable. Nekros is more reliable for giving the team more health orbs, however not everyone plays Nekros and the health orbs only give back 25 health, neither are reliable or dependable.

When Valkyr was released I planned to Forma her many times over and use her as my main frame, which I've tried and experimented with, though the only way I felt I would feel like a health, armor and melee based tank or beserker was if I had the Rage mod (Which I never managed to get, woe is me.) because Valkyr feels too much like a losing force of attrition, once your health has been worn down you're out of the fight for a substantial amount of time, she simply doesn't feel sustainable as a frame and the play style she's catering towards is a one trick pony at best (Galatine / charged attacks.). Though hopefully this will be fixed in Melee 2.0.

Here are some attacks it could have..

Up to 3, at base, close range beams fire out from the palm, seeking enemies to deal a higher percentage of the frames total health used out as damage equally to each target they hit. So lets say the frame has 300 health, it uses 75 health to deal 135 damage to each target at base, for example.

(Charged) A single, longer beam fires out like Deth Cubes Vaporize, draining their health at a percentage whilst returning it as a lesser amount of health. So lets say this does 200 damage and returns 50 health at base for example.

(Held) A beam fires and links to a target draining health per tick and returning it as health at a lower percentage.

Using a normal attack, enemies in close range are knocked back and dealt a percentage of the Warframe's total health.

Using a held attack on a team mate drains your health to restore theirs. (Aw, how thoughtful of you.)

As an added bonus idea, a mod specific to this weapon type that converts it from health restoration to energy or stamina.

Someone has been playing too much neverwinter ;)