Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Marelok Is Amazing

.Talia.

WOW how many formas on that Marelok ...

I have 5 forma on it.

And if they do re-lease a AkMarelok, i will happily spend another 5 forma on the AkMarelok.

I know the potential so I wanna forma mine but... Akmarelok.

Don't wait, just do it already, it does more damage-per-shot than the Brakk. 

Brakk has more DPS but Marelok has actually more damage per shot, it has long range accuracy hit scan and no spread or drop-off.

Edited by RexSol

not sure yet if a) weapon feedback discussion thread or b) look i forma'd it 5x thread 

If it is feedback then moderators, feel free to move my topic, i just thought i might share this with you guys. Enjoy this weapon before they nerf it. 

I have 5 forma on it.

And if they do re-lease a AkMarelok, i will happily spend another 5 forma on the AkMarelok.

Don't wait, just build it already, it does more damage-per-shot than the Brakk. 

Brakk has more DPS but Marelok has actually more damage per shot, it has long range accuracy hit scan and no spread.

Basically they are essentially on par with each other, but have different styles. About time.

Marelok, you will be mine.

If it is feedback then moderators, feel free to move my topic, i just thought i might share this with you guys. Enjoy this weapon before they nerf it. 

They probably won't. It's clan tech. It's around acceptable Brakk levels. I'd say it's in a fine spot.

Then again, what's the mastery rank for it?

Edited by SolidSp33d

It is great to finally have a powerful alternative to the Brakk which fills a different role. I really think the Marelok is in a great place but I am afraid to forma it due to the possibility of an un-warranted nerf or the release of a Twin version :/

don't really like its mechanics.

this reload animation after each shot is kinda... frustrating.

If you're saying it's slow, That can be easily bypassed with Lethal Torrent's +% Fire Rate bonus. You can shoot midway through the flipping animation.

This either is gonna be nerfed, or DE have no idea how to balance the game. I still can't understand how a shortened version of the same gun can be more powerful than a stock version.

This isn't JUST a shortened version of the rifle, . If you inspect more closely, you can see that it's HUGELY modified. A lot of it's mechanics have been changed, like the magazine, which loads from the bottom instead of the top. Along with the stock and barrel being sawed off.

You could ask what those have done to the damage output, but until you can look at the stuff inside the gun you'll have to trust Grineer Gunmechanics and Space Ninja Science.

Edited by Tyffie

This either is gonna be nerfed, or DE have no idea how to balance the game. I still can't understand how a shortened version of the same gun can be more powerful than a stock version.

Agreed 100%. The Grinlok was already quite powerful; the Marelok is practically a direct upgrade in terms of base damage, not even including the fact that pistol mods are just so much better than rifle mods.

What bugs the crap out of me is that this gun is practically at Brakk-level, if not stronger. Brakk has needed a proper nerf for months (and no, arbitrarily cutting off its range doesn't count; its DPS is as stupidly high as ever, and the only difference is that it's slightly more annoying to use), and what do they do? Release this... abomination.

Stug only comes to two thirds of Brakk's DPS, and it's designed to have zero utility to compensate for its overwhelming DPS.

The Brakk? No downside. The Marelok? Even less downside than Brakk. This is power creep at its worst. 

Brakk and Marelok need a nerf. I don't care if Brakk and Marelok are tied for #1 as weapons, but it's the fact that they're so far ahead of the "second-place" weapons that's the problem.

Edited by SortaRandom

Just enjoy this weapon before they nerf it.

You know how things works in Warframe, he have seen this many times.

I bet they will nerf it in 1 or 2 hotfixes from now. Maybe even in this Wednesday's update.

I know this man quite well id like to think, and just a warning to all you people thinking cool 5 forma only and i get all this damage.... its not that you also give up your life..... once you do it to one weapon you cant stop XD I think Rex has 3 forma at least on every weapon in the game.... he is a mad man!

P.S. he is a great dude if you ever get the chance to play with him you wont regret it, unless your against him in pvp XD