Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event Idea: Ghosts Of The Orokin.

8bit_Ghost

This idea came to mind while thinking about possible bosses that DE could include next in the game. While I was thinking, I remembered reading somewhere that DE was thinking about making Neural Sentries a boss in Void Towers, where you would enter a sort of Tron-like area to fight the AI core of the Neural Sentry. Seeing as this hasn't been implemented yet, I came up with an idea for how to introduce these bosses with a bang.

Event: Ghosts of the Orokin.

Story:

The Corpus have succeeded at one of their biggest endeavors yet: the safe extraction of an intact Neural Sentry from an Orokin Derelict. With this AI core in hand, they have attempted to fuse it with their Hive Mind network for their AI, to increase the power of their proxies with direct control from the most advanced security system in the galaxy. All does not work well however. This Sentry, now in control of every Corpus proxy, ship, and outpost, has retrofitted all Corpus manufacturing with Orokin additions in order to mass produce Corruption headgear to take absolute control of the system. The Neural Sentry also calls out to the Void, bringing in Orokin Towers to begin reconquering the Solar system for their deceased Orokin masters. Towers now land at various places all over the System, and begin the corruption of all Grineer, Corpus, and Infested they can find. It is up to the Tenno to fight alongside the Grineer and Corpus to defeat this rampant AI and push the remains of the Orokin back where they belong: deep into the Void.

Event Details:

Orokin Towers have begun their descent on a multitude of areas all over the map, and are beginning their corruption regime. Your task is to join invasions with either the Corpus or Grineer to exterminate waves of Corrupted that have descended onto various levels on the map, and then infiltrate the Towers to deactivate the connection to the Corpus Neural Sentry, sending them back to the Void. Doing 5 per level will win you a guaranteed prime part from either the Corpus or Grineer; choose wisely. Deactivating connections between the Towers and the Corpus Neural Sentry will earn the player a special Nav coordinate that is used to make a Neural Tracer, a special item that reveals the Hive Mind station that the Neural Sentry has taken up fort in, and the player will be able to Assassinate the Sentry in a digital Boss Battle (as DE has mentioned as an idea). There is one major threat, though, that the Corpus forgot about...

Zanuka Prime:

The Neural Sentry discovered it quickly. Warframe technology was found on the Corpus network, something that perplexed it briefly. But it quickly learned how it worked. However, being made out of Tenno-forged Warframes was insufficient for a straight-up corruption. No, instead, the Sentry used pieces from the Void, the perfected Warframes of Orokin past: Excalibur, Frost, Mag, and Ember Prime were conglomerated into the most dangerous creature yet: Zanuka Prime.

Zanuka Prime is the elite warrior of the Sentry's forces. It is everything that made Zanuka dangerous, and more. Zanuka Prime has one power each from the four Warframes used to make it: Slash Dash, Snow Globe, Shield Polarize, and Fire Blast. This deadly assailant will need all the power that the Tenno can deliver in order to defeat. It will appear during Invasions against Towers and may often be defending the control core of the Tower itself.

-----------------------------------

And that's my idea for an event. I don't know how good it is, but if this event was in-game, I would play the heck out of it. Also, this would allow for the introduction of the boss battles against Neural Sentries in the Void, after the event is over. Hope you like the idea!

EDIT: I have not included details on reward weapons because usually these sort of events release new, exclusive weapons. Because this is mostly an Event idea, I don't know what the reward would be. If DE picked it up though then I'm sure they would come up with a cool Prime weapon or something.

Edited by 8bit_Ghost