Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Has Two Mareloks Ready To Go?

notionphil

IF the Twin Marelok will come then i think DE will not make the same mistake (vice-versa) and put the Twin Marelok BP in the Market for credits.

I think it will be clan research taking 3 days so you have plenty of time to build a second marelok which takes only 24 hours.

No point in brewing one now because if the Twin Marelok will never happen you bite yourself in the butt ^^

Edited by Namacyst

IF the Akmarelok will come then i think DE will not make the same mistake (vice-versa) and put the Akmarelok BP in the Market for credits.

I think it will be clan research taking 3 days so you have plenty of time to build a second marelok which takes only 24 hours.

No point in brewing one now because if the Akmarelok will never happen you bite yourself in the butt ^^

By Grineer naming it's gonna be Twin Mareloks, Tenno weapons use Ak, Grineer have Twin, and Corpus use Dual. At least that is the trends that are currently in game.

I really don't think it would fit to have the single and dual versions as two separate clantech items. I don't think marelok needs a dual version, either. we haven't seen dual acrids yet, or dual embolist. why would marelok be the first to get doubled? it seems strong enough on its own

and what's the shortest time between the single and dual versions being released? I want to say magnus and akmagnus or vasto and akvastos (dual vastos, as they used to be known). possibly cestra/dual cestra. Idk, I'll look into it, but even so, it wasn't that soon, I think all the people who are predicting twin marelok are jumping the gun a bit

edit: ok, searched through the wiki, disregarding old weapons that were already established once the open beta came out, dual vastos came out about a month after the vasto. akmagnus took 2 months, what kept DE so long? and dual cestras were over 3 months after the cestra

akmagnus is a separate case, as we already had dual/akvastos and aklex at that point, and magnus came out and was the impact-based counterpart to lex and vasto, so it was basically guaranteed to happen at some point. as for stuff like dual cestra, that was kinda out of left field. I'm drawing a blank on what other secondaries were doubled that I found annoying because I had to then craft a second (or two new, in some cases) copy of the gun. the old ones we already had were twin vipers, aklato, akbolto, and I feel like there is another machine pistol I'm missing (afuris, it turns out. and I forgot akbroncos) but again, those were already established, and not some of the more recent tenno reinforcements. and they're all pretty underpowered/intro-level secondaries

but of the recent ones, the turnover isn't that fast to the dual version, and I really think marelok is more of a unique weapon compared to those other ones. plus, since it's basically the grinlok, I don't imagine we'd get twinloks as a primary, or that DE would even entertain that notion, so it doesn't make much sense to have twin mareloks, since, again, they're essentially the same weapon. it just seems unbalanced

Edited by Wallace24