The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Can't Pass Rank Test 0 ---> 1

Azuli

Question

I researced the issue and found many similiar complaints with no resolution. I'm trying to pass the Ranking test to get me to Level 1 as I am currently Level 0. and I can't.

I'm using solely my main weapon, I have mods and fusion mods, level 15 Excalibur and level 16 MK11-Braton.

Everything is easy in-game and this test should be trivial and a smooth ride. Yet once I join, within 45 seconds of me playing and killing, mid-fight, I get "Mission Failed"

I'm not using melee, or switching weapons, my timers not running out, I don't have a senteniel... I don't know. This is my 3rd time failing

Others have this same issue. Some say you get Rank 1 after tutorial, which I did multiple times, that didn't resolve the issue. Some say I just suck. I don't know, 

Please help. Fustration is starting to set in.

Please help.

11 answers to this question

Dont you not  get rank 1 anymore when you complete the tutorial when you start the game?

No i do not, I said that in my post T_T

Sucks to be You. But Yeah good place to state it here.

...Thanks.

you are not the first person to have this issue, i have brought several friends into the game over the last few weeks all of who have had issues with the starting test. it in my opinion is far to much to ask of a new player. the odds are they are still using the mk1 braton and with vary few mods that actually amount to anything for the sake if the gun; when they first start trying to take the test. i myself rolled an extra account just to rank to 1 so i could see whats up and even as an experienced player with going on 1200 hours of mission time i finished the first wave with only seconds on the clock when using the mk1 with only mods that i had found. 

the time restraints from rank 0-1, 1-2, 2-3 need to be REMOVED and it should just be a test to survive. you are risking loosing new players by making your starting tests too difficult. 

buy the braton, drop that mk-1 in the trash bin, and upgrade the braton with some mods and u r done.

No, he shouldn't trash the Mk-1, it gets better with 5 forma and a cat and is the best weapon to take advantage of the heavy caliber mod because it has the most accuracy of all guns.

But it will take some time to do that so i do agree with you that the Braton is better suited for now, but please don't toss the MK-1 it is good trust me.

No, he shouldn't trash the Mk-1, it gets better with 5 forma and a cat and is the best weapon to take advantage of the heavy caliber mod because it has the most accuracy of all guns.

But it will take some time to do that so i do agree with you that the Braton is better suited for now, but please don't toss the MK-1 it is good trust me.

i didnt mean to literally trash it, but to put it somewhere there to gather some dust while he passes the rank with something else.

you are not the first person to have this issue, i have brought several friends into the game over the last few weeks all of who have had issues with the starting test. it in my opinion is far to much to ask of a new player. the odds are they are still using the mk1 braton and with vary few mods that actually amount to anything for the sake if the gun; when they first start trying to take the test. i myself rolled an extra account just to rank to 1 so i could see whats up and even as an experienced player with going on 1200 hours of mission time i finished the first wave with only seconds on the clock when using the mk1 with only mods that i had found. 

the time restraints from rank 0-1, 1-2, 2-3 need to be REMOVED and it should just be a test to survive. you are risking loosing new players by making your starting tests too difficult. 

I agree with this person.

I was never really a fan of the time restraints either.  I could see maybe waiting a hour if you fail the test, but the 24hr thing is too taxing....

Also agree.  Tests should be focusing on the skills, and introducing the player to the challenges they'll face as they move up in rank, but sometimes, you just have to start people off easy, they'll face greater challenges in the missions on other planets!!

These mastery tests are more easier today than the good ol' days. I think I failed that test at least 10 times before completing it. Same scenario with tests to follow. Sheesh i remember when i first started this game, I actually had to grind for my ability mods for Volt. [when he was a starter frame.. also I think I had 1 ability to start]. At least 2 1/2 months passed before I had all four. Everything back then was just awful.. tests, mod hunting, everything. You newbies have it soooo easy now. Buck up

These mastery tests are more easier today than the good ol' days. I think I failed that test at least 10 times before completing it. Same scenario with tests to follow. Sheesh i remember when i first started this game, I actually had to grind for my ability mods for Volt. [when he was a starter frame.. also I think I had 1 ability to start]. At least 2 1/2 months passed before I had all four. Everything back then was just awful.. tests, mod hunting, everything. You newbies have it soooo easy now. Buck up

Actually.. they are harder now with Dmg 2.0...

At least, the lvl 1 and 2 are.

My advice to OP is one they have heard already sadly... Switch from the MK-1 Braton to the Braton, Karak, or Burston.

The lvl 1 test pits you against Grineer with a weapon geared toward slashing damage and the high likelyhood that the player will have no Elemental damage mods for the rifle.

I'd gladly hook you up with some (except Stormbringer... that thing is crazy rare now) but you have to be Rank 1 for 24 hours to trade.

Best route is to buy or build a new primary, level it up some and try the test again.

If you are absolutely intent on doing it with the MK-1 Braton.... You are going to have to make sure you are aiming for headshots primarily and searching around the pillars for lurkers as they will hide from you to take potshots.