Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Passive Skill Suggestion

legendarysidekicksteve

So I was scrolling through some of the threads and the topic of a passive skill tree came up multiple times. Players were complaining that due to the restriction of each Warframe only having 10 mod slots (excluding Aura slot) and three to four of those slots being used for Warframe abilities, there leaves very little room for creative mod layouts. Couple in the fact that most frames have to slap on a Redirection and efficiency, duration, and strength mods, there leaves only one or two or even no slots left over for some of the other useful, but less important mods. (handspring, surefooted, etc). Some players have suggested that DE implement a passive skill tree, which would grant skills such as knockdown resistance, faster stamina recovery, etc. And while I do think this is a step in the right direction, it makes all these mods DE released (handspring,surefooted, etc) quite redundant. 

My suggestion is to have Tenno mod slots. They function exactly like the mod layouts for warframes and weapons, except it gets points based on your mastery. Mods that were previously used for the warframe (like aviator and shock absorber,etc) will now be used towards Tenno slots instead.This way, players who own these mods will finally be able to utilize them without compromising their warframe builds. Tenno slots are not an additional slot on the warframe page like aura slots are; instead they will be a new tab in the arsenal and will apply to all frames regardless of choice.

This is just an idea to throw out there, details such as how many mod points per mastery rank etc can be open to discussion.

Please post any feedback or additional ideas. 

3. You are not supposed to get everything. That's why You have to choose what is preferable for your type of game.

In theory. In practice, you load on redirection/flow/focus/continuity/stretch as applicable and only then do you devote slots to other things, if you have any left.

Issue is that something that's always useful will generally win out over something that's situationally useful, unless it's really situationally useful.

I agree... Because of all the necessary mods to max a 'frame's performance, none of the "lesser" mods are ever used.

Well Its your option you might want to sacrifice some for other. Where as some mods are useless indeed.

In theory. In practice, you load on redirection/flow/focus/continuity/stretch as applicable and only then do you devote slots to other things, if you have any left.

Issue is that something that's always useful will generally win out over something that's situationally useful, unless it's really situationally useful.

Unfortunately, this is very true. Too many mods are so necessary that it leaves little to no room at all for anything that's useful but secondary to things like duration, strength, efficiency, ect. I know quite a few people who go so far as to remove unnecessary warframe abilities (yes I mean Abilities, like Vauban's Bounce or Mag's Shield Polarize) and forma those slots to fit in other things. I think that that action, sacrificing abilities for other mods, demonstrates how small the true mod pool that people actually utilize is.

I love the fact that DE is always trying to bring in mods that are new and different, but if the space isn't there to use them, it doesn't really matter. I agree with the OP that something needs to be done to fix it.