Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Newbie With A Few Questions

Aeshi

Just downloaded the game and am really enjoying it so far, but have a few questions:

1. What are the 'restrictions' (or lack thereof) on Warframe mods? I ask because I noticed my EXACLIBUR's 'Slash Dash' only takes 1 point when the 'card' says 2. How I'm guessing it works is that any frame can take any mod, but the point cost is halved if the Mod & Warframe match up.

2. What Warframe should I aim for if I want survivability? I'm considering Rhino, but I've heard he's pretty bad (or at the very least, needs a buff or two)

3. Is there any weapon in particular you guys would reccomend? I've been thinking about either the Heavy Machine Gun, one of the Shotguns or (maybe) the Snipertron.

1. There is a marking in the upper right of the mod card. If it matches with the mod slot, there is a reduction in its cost. So you're right on except slash dash is unique to excalibur :) each frame has its own 4 unique skills.

2. Rhino and Frost are considered tanky.

3. They're all fun. I have been reallly enjoying the Paris. I don't know if it's "good" but it is awesome

1.) The ticks in the top right of the card are the polarity. Blank mod slots don't have a polarity, but the slots with an icon in the upper right do. When you put something with an opposing polarity in that slot, it uses more, when you use the same polarity, it uses half, which is why your 2 becomes 1.

2.) I've used a Rhino and Excalibur both extensively with great survivability. Frost and Trinity are also good for that. Rhino's iron skin is temporary invincibility and the radial stomp attack (forgot what it's called, but the third one) is great for crowd control. His ultimate is kinda weaksauce though, even though it looks amazing. In the right circumstances, it can be very effective.

3.) Gorgon and Hek are both worth it, but rifles are pretty well balanced. Just depends on your style. Recommend against the snipetron. Really hard to use effectively and it has so much downtime with low fire rate and reload that you can find yourself in hot water quickly.

edit: forgot point 3

Edited by Yorinar

1) Actually, the energy cost is halved when the mod is put in a mod slot that has the same symbol that's in the upper-left corner of the mod card.

2) Rhino is somewhat in need of a power re-do, but he's good for the most part. It really depends on how you want to play.

3) This also depends on your playstyle - do you like to get up close and personal so you can melee if things go badly, or do you like to snipe? I'd suggest getting one of the assault rifles if you like medium-range,

Well based off of your replies I'm probably going to go Frost (since he and Rhino seem to have basically identical skills, and I'd probably rather have Freeze than Rhino Charge) for my Warframe and either that Semi-auto rifle or the Shotgun that supposedly has tight spread as my weapon of choice.

Thanks!