Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Burston Prime Dps

Raybrand

hi im interesting in farming for burston prime but according dpsfame.com its dps isnt that great when you compare it to soma.

But im wondering if the website calculated it right, without mods it says it rate of fire is 10.89 but is that how many bullets its firing in a second or how many times it burstfires meaning does it shoot 32.6 bullets a second (if it shoots 3 bullets a second)

Boltor Prime should be your goal, its the new top DPS, beating Soma and Synapse by a solid 3-4k sustained damage. My highest damage build on Boltor Prime was just over 17k sustained DPS as per Warframe Builder whereas my current Soma and Synapse builds are in the 13-14k area. Now to forma the damn thing four times.

Edited by Sedant

when you compare it to soma.

There's your problem right there.

Soma is one of the better assault rifles in the game, (along with the new Boltor Prime and a maxed out Braton Prime) dont use it as the standard measure against which you compare everything or most things will just come out looking like crap.

The Burston Prime is a pretty average rifle overall. Its not so great youll never want to use anything else, but it has enough potential to be worth holding onto it

Edited by Santaphrax

Soma is one of the better assault rifles in the game, (along with the new Boltor Prime and a maxed out Braton Prime) dont use it as the standard measure against which you compare everything or most things will just come out looking like crap.

The Burston Prime is a pretty average rifle overall. Its not so great youll never want to use anything else, but it has enough potential to be worth holding onto it

so I take it, it shoots 10 bullets a second including the burstfire

Edited by Raybrand

braton prime is the weakest dps rifle in the prime line up

hi im interesting in farming for burston prime but according dpsfame.com its dps isnt that great when you compare it to soma.

But im wondering if the website calculated it right, without mods it says it rate of fire is 10.89 but is that how many bullets its firing in a second or how many times it burstfires meaning does it shoot 32.6 bullets a second (if it shoots 3 bullets a second)

It is 10 bullets per second, and not 10 burst. It is impossible to get more than few bursts in a second.

It is a good weapon, and it is worth getting. Burston prime is a great tap-fire weapon that is fun to use and has reliable DPS levels.

Edited by LazyKnight

Fire rate on semi autos is wonky, particularly with bursts. In practice, you'll probably shoot around fifteen bullets per second.

Personally, my favorite weapons are the Burston Prime and Soma and I use them interchangeably at high level play.  Due to TTK, I use the Soma for endless missions.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

It is 10 bullets per second, and not 10 burst. It is impossible to get more than few bursts in a second.

It is a good weapon, and it is worth getting. Burston prime is a great tap-fire weapon that is fun to use and has reliable DPS levels.

but when it comes to damage per bullet, its roughly the same as the soma according to the site, so I'd rather fire my soma in bursts rather than get burston prime and using a catalyst on it