Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Info From Todays Stream (And Some From The Chat)

ChaosSpectre86

DESteve also responded to my question on CPU-based PhysX as something they could work with, but had no plans to do so at the time if I remember correctly. (slashhudson21 on the stream)

Oh god if they do that, I will squeal like a schoolgirl.

I want physx so bad, but nvidia cards cost more than AMD and I enjoy my 7850 too much

There used to be a way to have an nvidia card as a dedicated physx card but when nvidia heard about it they added a hidden 'feature' to drivers that would completely disable the card in the presence of an AMD card.

Oh god if they do that, I will squeal like a schoolgirl.

I want physx so bad, but nvidia cards cost more than AMD and I enjoy my 7850 too much

There used to be a way to have an nvidia card as a dedicated physx card but when nvidia heard about it they added a hidden 'feature' to drivers that would completely disable the card in the presence of an AMD card.

I know, it honestly makes me not want to buy an nvidia card even more. Thats just poor sport competition. There is no sense in it, cause at that point, they end up selling less video cards cause AMD users won't even buy a spare card now.

I know, it honestly makes me not want to buy an nvidia card even more. Thats just poor sport competition. There is no sense in it, cause at that point, they end up selling less video cards cause AMD users won't even buy a spare card now.

Quite honestly, back when I built this computer I was going to get an 8400gs to run physx until nvidia did that, my 4890 sat alone until two 6950s replaced it.

If nvidia doesnt want my money they wont get it ($80 went to the 6950 fund :>).

Quite honestly, back when I built this computer I was going to get an 8400gs to run physx until nvidia did that, my 4890 sat alone until two 6950s replaced it.

If nvidia doesnt want my money they wont get it ($80 went to the 6950 fund :>).

Yeah, I know what your saying. Oh well, hopefully they allow the particles outside of nvidia. It may look like particle vomit, but its a pretty vomit.

Thanks for this thread. I was looking for this as I couldn't be there for the live stream. I've gone back and watched tidbits of the stream and would just like to reiterate that as a pre-update 7 player that was jarred by the mod changes, I do love the new mod card system (especially the graphics, so time well spent there DE_Steve!), and the new options that it will open up down the line for the devs to add new skills/abilities/upgrades to the game. Hopefully with the changes to passive health & shields (not as high as before but not as non-existent it is now, even though I do have a health & shield mod) it will quell a lot of the issues that people have with RNG drop rates for such essential stats. So it's great to know that the devs are listening & responding to this. Looking forward to the new game modes and boss tweaks/changes (and hopefully more ecnomoy tweaks related to fusion costs and mission/alert rewards) . Keep up the great work DE :)

Edited by Valadus

So say if the sheild and health mod cards are going to be replaced from passive upgrades and granting a weaker version of them cards. Does that mean the sheild and health mod cards we have now will be wiped out when this comes and have to grind again with the RNG just to get the weaker versions :((

So say if the sheild and health mod cards are going to be replaced from passive upgrades and granting a weaker version of them cards. Does that mean the sheild and health mod cards we have now will be wiped out when this comes and have to grind again with the RNG just to get the weaker versions :((

No, as stated earlier, they will removed from drops, but users who have them will not lose them as a sort of "Collectors Edition" card.

AKA: You have gained a Charizard Card

• 2 months later...