The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event Mission Type Suggestion : Evacuation

Deidaku

Hello guys !

So in the latest patch we are now able to give weapons to the rescue targets sweet  but this gave me an idea.

Something's been bugging me for a while : why are the tenno sympathizers 1 or 2 per ship? there seems to  be  a lot of them but a lot of the cells remain empty. 

so here's the suggestion evacuation mode.

Let's say the tenno sympathizers have a base or some kind of small space colony or relay , but it's attacked by the grineer / corpus or infested in an invasion like map : aka ship  crashes into base . Or if on a planet they enemies have dropships.

So you goal would be to save as many civilians as possible. they would spawn in small groups of 4 and head straight to extraction , they won't be able to hold secondaries  but they will be accompanied by a soldier/guard or 2 who will be able to take your weapons. .( think halo  marines) 

The best example I have for this game mode is this . Lord of the rings return of the king : Minas tirith courtyard mission

Enemies would spawn by waves and scale in difficulty of course. 

It should be more of an event only missions than a full gametype  but let me know what you think !

So what do you guys think? comment below let me know!!!! And thank you for reading :)

TL:DR =

NOOOO it's not that long to read :p

Edited by Deidaku

this is kinda cool but uhm, all we need now is a gandalf-frame, noone will pass him, but really this is kinda cool

and this should be like a reverse extermination for evacuees, like say theyve got 112 evacuees you need to bring all them to extraction/escapeship/pods because if its by waves of evacuees like def its probably gonna suck but this heres just my suggestion, good idea btw

this is kinda cool but uhm, all we need now is a gandalf-frame, noone will pass him, but really this is kinda cool

and this should be like a reverse extermination for evacuees, like say theyve got 112 evacuees you need to bring all them to extraction/escapeship/pods because if its by waves of evacuees like def its probably gonna suck but this heres just my suggestion, good idea btw

Yes I agree , endless evacuees wouldn't make sense XD

Edited by Deidaku

Evertime I see players suggestions I think: here comes whining or something very stupid.

But no, I like your ideia :D this quite good,

and I will even enjoy see civilians being murdered cause I couldn't help them all hehe

Ahem. YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

*Smash*

More seriously, I like this idea, but I don't think it should be infinite. Evacuation missions can be fun, but only in short bursts. It would, likely, best work on the defense layout, where x number of survivors spawned is a round, and after that you have the option of extracting.

There's also the problem of how rewards are given.

Needs a bit more fleshing out, but I think you might be on to something pretty nice.