The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Fiber: A Small Suggestion

Tuskau

Steel Fiber, how many of us actually have it maxed and installed on a warframe?

Though in a way armor, health and shields are the holy trinity for keeping your warframe up and around, when it comes to mods armor just got shafted.

Face it, we have mods that increase health or shields by 440% or both 120% each.

On the other hand steel fiber can increase our armor by a max of 110%.

To make matters worse for armor, an increase by 110% doesn't mean you can take double as many hits to your health, since that's not how armor works.

(For more in depth info on armor mechanics check the wiki http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Armor and http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Steel_Fiber)

While I have no actual quarrel with the mechanics itself, my beef is with the mod.

First off: it's weak compared to the alternatives.

Second: it's expensive to put on your warframe and as expensive to max as Redirection and Vitality which are actually worth the investment.

Third: It needs Vitality to even be worth considering. Vitality will always be stronger than Steel Fiber. Steel Fiber is only there to make the extra health you got from Vitality worth even more.

What I'd propose is to either make it stronger per rank or (more feasible imo) make it 5 ranks of 20/25% which would put it's drain at max rank at about 10. This would make it about as expensive as Vigor and make it viable for at least a few builds (Valkyr comes to mind). Steel Fiber should be considered more as a small addon for after you maxed health and not a large investment mod as it is now.

In conclusion, as it stands Steel Fiber is expensive to max, expensive as it drains a lot, and weak compared to other defensive mods. Making these changes would at least give it some niche or experimentation uses.

Thanks for hearing me out, I hope some people share my concerns for this abondoned stepchild of the survivability mods.

Apoligies for any errors I may have made, English isn't my first language.

TLDR: Buff Steel Fiber

Edited by Tuskau

I have it at rank 10, reducing it to 5 ranks is a big no unless they give me 2 legedary cores and allow me to exploit it. (sarcasm on the ver last part)

What they should is  simply buff the sh*t out of this mod.

I have a valkyr with max vitality, max steel fiber, max intensify and max blind rage, the armor boost is still barely noticeable.

Steel fiber should go up to 440%, just like health and shields, this way it would be a little more viable on frames like rhino, frost, saryn and give that extra resistance to valkyr.

I have it at rank 10, reducing it to 5 ranks is a big no unless they give me 2 legedary cores and allow me to exploit it. (sarcasm on the ver last part)

I have a valkyr with max vitality, max steel fiber, max intensify and max blind rage, the armor boost is still barely noticeable.

Steel fiber should go up to 440%, just like health and shields, this way it would be a little more viable on frames like rhino, frost, saryn and give that extra resistance to valkyr.

Steel fiber isn't worth it even on Valkyr since you can heal yourself to max health whenever you want.

440%? Jesus christ, with Valkyr's 600 armor? 

Warcry ontop of that?

That's plain godmode!

Not going to complain though... Since we have Trinity. Who needs armor, health or shields when you have Blessing. 

How about I different idea, how about apply the armour to shields and health?

Originally i'd like this as well, problem is that this would push vitality into redundancy even more than it already is. The only frame worth picking Vitality over Redirection on is Saryn and Valkyr, Imo. 

440%? Jesus christ, with Valkyr's 600 armor? 

Warcry ontop of that?

That's plain godmode!

Not going to complain though... Since we have Trinity. Who needs armor, health or shields when you have Blessing. 

Yeah, that's why I said I preferred reducing the drain over increasing it's %, I feel it should be more of a flavor mod that works in some select cases (no Trinity, certain frame, solo, etc).

How about I different idea, how about apply the armour to shields and health?

Wouldn't really make too much sense, seeing as how shields and armor don't have anything to do with each other. Not to mention health doesn't automatically regenerate unlike shields (besides warframe abilities ofc), so it makes sense that health gets a bonus from armor.

Steelfiber is great on high base armor frames and absolutely useless on low armor ones, buff it all you want it will only benifit same 4 high armor frames.

Unless it starts to give flat-value bonus, not just %

Steelfiber stacks on health and gives a huge EHP boost http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130703175537/warframe/images/a/aa/Stats.png

Edited by Monolake