The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Shields/armor Too Important, Make Armor Scale To Level

Hixlysss

As it stands, having shields is too important on every warframe, thus unless you plan on dieing or only staying in levels that are under level 20 you end up dedicating a slot or 2 to shields(Redirection and Vigor) just so you can stay alive. Sure you can buff your health but the tiny amount of armor the frames get (With the exception of Valkyr) renders that very uneffective in terms of "staying alive" because once your shields are down you're down in milliseconds.

So instead of buffing shields and health, simply allow armor to scale with your warframe level as it increases. And for those who would say "It doesn't make sense because it's armor" But your health increasing with your level does? Energy? Shields? Lore reasoning could simply be your tenno upgrading his stuff, or if it just magically increases Armor should increase as well.

Having the armor increase has 2 benefits, the first being warframes have more survivability beyond just stacking shields. Secondly, this is easier to balance than a straight buff to their armor. If it's set too high then starting out will be too easy.

TL;DR, Title.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to reply to this thread to bump it up so I don't repost this topic.

Again, as it stands Shields are too important, and I use the latest thing that people are hating on as some evidence. The broken lights that zap away your shields in like one hit, then another one drops you because your too squishy without your shields.

i dont run shields 90% of the time. Shields are really not needed for most of the time. The one time that this is really needed is for long defense and survival. All you need to do is keep moving and you wont be touched.

And I do the same thing. I move and don't get hit, how ever the problem still remains. Shields are too important when compared to the others. I mean look at Valkyr, she had to have her armor buffed so high because her shields are so low. When you have a warframe that has to have 600 armor because her shields are so low, and the second highest armor is 190, there is a problem with the armor stat on the tenno.

If the tenno are so weak that with out their shields they need to have a ridiculously high armor stat just to survive something is broken. They rely way too heavily on shields. And if it isn't going to get fixed or addressed, Vitality should be cut in half, Redirection/Vigor need a buff. 

And I do the same thing. I move and don't get hit, how ever the problem still remains. Shields are too important when compared to the others. I mean look at Valkyr, she had to have her armor buffed so high because her shields are so low. When you have a warframe that has to have 600 armor because her shields are so low, and the second highest armor is 190, there is a problem with the armor stat on the tenno.

If the tenno are so weak that with out their shields they need to have a ridiculously high armor stat just to survive something is broken. They rely way too heavily on shields. And if it isn't going to get fixed or addressed, Vitality should be cut in half, Redirection/Vigor need a buff. 

Her shields arent low, you are not going to get 1k shields but they should be good enough for the abilities she has.

People just seem to play all their frames the same so when a frame pops in that cant fit that model they blame the frame.

Back in the day frame seem to be build to have different experience levels, Loki is for folks that wanted a harder game and Ex was for easier play, it seems that DE still has that in mind when putting out frames but the second people say anything they go back and change.

That whole tier thing that was brought up here and then they decided to acknowledge was a horrible decision.