Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endless Exterminate Mission Plx

DeadlyNerd

And by endless I mean, that the game generates tiles as you go. Just 1 endless run where you never go back to an existing set of tiles.

Concept:

-usual entry

-game generates an initial set of tiles

-once the last tile in the current set is entered, next couple of tiles are generated

-every 5 "waves" of tiles have an extraction point - whoever wants to leave can, everyone else continues.

-when more than 2 players enter a newly generated tiles, everyone in the already existing tiles is getting a 30sec timer to get their S#&$ moving, otherwise they're extracted

-when all players leave the old set of tiles, they're closed off and deleted(performance wise)

-as usual, each set of tiles has slightly stronger enemies

-rewards : since progress is similar to defense, extraction rewards a mod

Not playing any extermination missions, invasions too its the same, super boring super easy, how can u play that boredom, one who run first cleaning everything others with slower speed just loot behind, and everyone think its a super model contest and tyrying to kill super easy one shot mobs, where u see the joy, should be removed from game better and added some chalanging content.

mmm, i get the concept... This kind of progressive missions would be cool. But I'm sure this thread will meet with negative as its title is misleading.

Progressive missions would be much better.

About rewards:

There should be a pool of rewards on each stage ~ how far they've come. Also the enemy lvls should be higher just like in survival missions.

---

What is a big minus of this?

People would stay there just like they are on survivals, defense. It would be next place to grind on...

How would be best to use this?

Something I have mention a couple of times. Make random set of objective where as player will progress within that plane of lvls.

Limit the number of objectives - don't allow players to stay infinite amount of time there

Overall all missions should be longer, and there should be more enemies. IT should be essential to stay together. But crucial to accomplish objectives.

I just want to kill enemies and completely lose myself in killing... not caring about lifesupport or a defense target. +1 from me.

This is my exact thought. Play some music and go nuts.

mmm, i get the concept... This kind of progressive missions would be cool. But I'm sure this thread will meet with negative as its title is misleading.

Progressive missions would be much better.

About rewards:

There should be a pool of rewards on each stage ~ how far they've come. Also the enemy lvls should be higher just like in survival missions.

---

What is a big minus of this?

People would stay there just like they are on survivals, defense. It would be next place to grind on...

How would be best to use this?

Something I have mention a couple of times. Make random set of objective where as player will progress within that plane of lvls.

Limit the number of objectives - don't allow players to stay infinite amount of time there

Overall all missions should be longer, and there should be more enemies. IT should be essential to stay together. But crucial to accomplish objectives.

First, people need to learn to read the content. If the title is contradictory to their ideals, the better, they read it just to argue, more thread popularity.

I don't really care about the rewards, I just want to endlessly kill stuff without worrying about oxygen levels or some cheap &#! cryopod Anyo left behind because it's cheap.

Um, so what? You're suggesting the exact opposite of the whole idea, an >>>endless<<< mission.

No, there should be short and long missions, as well as endless. Diversity is key. Having only long missions will turn away casual players, having short missions will quickly bore to death hardcore players.

I'm sorry, but there's no way you can prove that this concept wouldn't please the majority of players.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

Actually I can prove it this concept would please majority of players for a month. It would face same problems and issues we've seen on survivals.

People would stop playing within 4-5months completely, and game would be closed.

Actually I can prove it this concept would please majority of players for a month. It would face same problems and issues we've seen on survivals.

People would stop playing within 4-5months completely, and game would be closed.

Ah, I remember when the game closed down four months after survival was released.

Oh wait.

+1 from me, OP. I think it would be more enjoyable to play a mode like this if it weren't possible to instakill entire rooms with our ultimates, though. As much as I like using my powers, I think it'd get boring quickly to use that as the only method of clearing an entire mission, and it'd probably make an endless exterminate too easy to fight through as well.

Edited by XenosInfinity

+1 from me, OP. I think it would be more enjoyable to play a mode like this if it weren't possible to instakill entire rooms with our ultimates, though. As much as I like using my powers, I think it'd get boring quickly to use that as the only method of clearing an entire mission, and it'd probably make an endless exterminate too easy to fight through as well.

Not necessarily. Having such a mission on Pluto would create a pretty hard to kill enemy setup right at the start. Sure, first couple of sets would still be 1shot galore, but later on it'd become rather hard to just kill everything with 1 ultimate. Looking at the T3 survival, that's very quickly achievable.

It's a completely different pair of pants expecting from DE to be rational about artificial difficulty.(so it doesn't end up being either impossible, or too easy)

Why not just do a mobile defense mission then? Once you complete the objective you can run back and forth across the map killing enemies as they respawn.

They don't scale in difficulty, you can completely loot the map in the process and finish any time you want.

Why not just do a mobile defense mission then? Once you complete the objective you can run back and forth across the map killing enemies as they respawn.

They don't scale in difficulty, you can completely loot the map in the process and finish any time you want.

yeah no, Mobile Defense only has two set targets that last only for ~5 minutes and you can't go "back and forth across the map killing enemies as they respawn" and once those two targets have been defended for ~5 mins you have to go to extractions, no 'ifs' or 'buts'. You must be thinking about Defense (not Mobile Defense). Either way both times you have to stick by the pod/console/whatever like glue unless you want to fail, some people just want to kill and kill non-stop without having to worry about that stuff