Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Events, Clans And Announcements

Dear DE,

i appreciate events like Thetras Doom and also "events" like with the legendary cores and so on.

The problem:  Outside of these events there is NO real competition between players or clans. So to organize these events i think everyone would like to know these events much earlier. Bigger clans who have to look at 300 and more players need some planning. It is just stupid that only clans can win these events who are able to get all their players in these short timeframes to play these events. If your are on holidays, have to work or there is something else you are screwed. For example the legendary core event was really a joke in terms of time.  A lot of players would like to compete in these events, or clans want to get a good ranking.

So please DE, announce these events much earlier!

On the one hand, I'd like to see more notice.

On the other hands, I like how the DEvelopers always seem to have something going on, and large clans should be better organize to handle things like this.

If you're a large, active, clan; you should have at least one person tracking everyone's schedule information, several people keeping their eyes out for alerts, an executive to decide when you are going to run the content, and some system for notifying everyone when somethings happening - at a minimum. The lone player is the one most likely to get hosed by a sudden event announcement.

Yeah, and stop changing the scoring when the event is allready running and some clans allready completed the Event...

Well, I get the impression events are a learning experience for the DEvelopers. I think the proper lesson here is, if you introduce a second tier of challenge, you keep its ranking separate. So, in the hijack even, we'd be looking at Power and Shield scores as separate challenges.

(I think was a good idea have lower initial requirements, and then release a second event for the hardcore. I think this might be the best way to handle future events.)

Well, I get the impression events are a learning experience for the DEvelopers. I think the proper lesson here is, if you introduce a second tier of challenge, you keep its ranking separate. So, in the hijack even, we'd be looking at Power and Shield scores as separate challenges.

(I think was a good idea have lower initial requirements, and then release a second event for the hardcore. I think this might be the best way to handle future events.)

Its not a seperate challenge, all the scores for the first part are null and void for the clan scoring as 800+ was the best you could do in the first one, now its 2400+

If a Clan wants the golden Statue, the first part is worthless now, only the 2nd part counts, all previous progress is not relevant.

i know that the legendary core "event" was so short for a cause. and maybe that is a bad example for what i am intending to say.

But anyway. We really had problems to communicate to all players at the actual event. Just announce the bigger ones earlier. That would be much easier for everyone. Even if you cant make the exact date, cause of some developing problems. A hint or two: we want to make an event this month, probably at that week, would be very nice.

Its not a seperate challenge, all the scores for the first part are null and void for the clan scoring as 800+ was the best you could do in the first one, now its 2400+

If a Clan wants the golden Statue, the first part is worthless now, only the 2nd part counts, all previous progress is not relevant.

That's why I said "I think the proper lesson here is..." implying DE should learn from this event. They did a lot of things right, but some, like scoring, can be improved upon.

That's why I said "I think the proper lesson here is..." implying DE should learn from this event. They did a lot of things right, but some, like scoring, can be improved upon.

They should hav learned this from Cicero, they changed Clan scoring 4 times during that event... and this time it seems they even planned to change it... great stuff, seems like they think its awesome to do it like that, wrong lesson learned...

i know that the legendary core "event" was so short for a cause. and maybe that is a bad example for what i am intending to say.

But anyway. We really had problems to communicate to all players at the actual event. Just announce the bigger ones earlier. That would be much easier for everyone. Even if you cant make the exact date, cause of some developing problems. A hint or two: we want to make an event this month, probably at that week, would be very nice.

Who's the dedicated clan manager? Who's the person who tracks schedules and organizes you for events? Who's do you have on lookout scouting for events? What tools does they all use for the job?

Yes, after doing the second event over and over again i can tell you that everything > 2440 is just luck! It has more to do with the actual host and his connection to the better with the DE servers than anything. That could also been done better, yes. 

Who's the dedicated clan manager? Who's the person who tracks schedules and organizes you for events? Who's do you have on lookout scouting for events? What tools does they all use for the job?

you want us to lol hard, do you?

This is a game man, c*mon. That you need someone who organizes an event for your clan is ok. Everything else is insane. If you really need a scout who has to look every day on twitter, fb, forum, wikia whatever for "hints" on events, then you really should get a proper life. Really! I only can hope that was sarcasm!

Edited by .-KG-..-LivingLegend-.

you want us to lol hard, do you?

This is a game man, c*mon. That you need someone who organizes an event for your clan is ok. Everything else is insane. If you really need a scout who has to look every day on twitter, fb, forum, wikia whatever for "hints" on events, then you really should get a proper life. Really! I only can hope that was sarcasm!

Preface: I don't engage in clan-based competitions, but I know people who do. I'm in a Ghost Clan with some friends just so we can have access to Clan-tech. I have been in large clans in other games, but engage in any of the serious functions of them.

If you want to really compete in clan based competitions, you need to be serious. At least as serious as you'd be in a local football or fantasy football league. Which means a few people doing a whole lot of not fun tasks to support the entire structure. I've know clans to in other MMOs to have spotters - people who enjoy always watching news about the game and in game events and altering other players when thing are going to happen. And any effective clan is going to have a manager or two, or have those tasks spread across a couple of people.

In fact, I know of one clan (active across several games) that actually built an entire platform to do their scheduling: web forms for clan members to enter in their schedules, a database to track it, hand built sorting algorithms to find who's available when with what, and functionality to push out information to their clan members chosen contact media and post it on their site and social media accounts...

So... if you're going to get competitive with a large clan, there are people out there who will take it to the next level - a level I wouldn't want to be at, but that you would have to be, if you really want to compete. There are only three prizes per tier, right?

And, if you don't want to be at that level to compete, then don't worry too much about the scoring and just enjoy the event.

Edited by PoorCensored

Preface: I don't engage in clan-based competitions, but I know people who do. I'm in a Ghost Clan with some friends just so we can have access to Clan-tech. I have been in large clans in other games, but engage in any of the serious functions of them.

If you want to really compete in clan based competitions, you need to be serious. At least as serious as you'd be in a local football or fantasy football league. Which means a few people doing a whole lot of not fun tasks to support the entire structure. I've know clans to in other MMOs to have spotters - people who enjoy always watching news about the game and in game events and altering other players when thing are going to happen. And any effective clan is going to have a manager or two, or have those tasks spread across a couple of people.

In fact, I know of one clan (active across several games) that actually built an entire platform to do their scheduling: web forms for clan members to enter in their schedules, a database to track it, hand built sorting algorithms to find who's available when with what, and functionality to push out information to their clan members chosen contact media and post it on their site and social media accounts...

So... if you're going to get competitive with a large clan, there are people out there who will take it to the next level - a level I wouldn't want to be at, but that you would have to be, if you really want to compete. There are only three prizes per tier, right?

And, if you don't want to be at that level to compete, then don't worry too much about the scoring and just enjoy the event.

To make all this short: An announcement from DE could spare us all this! It should be skill only thats whinning a competition, nothing else. We are at a very goold lvl atm in the event. Without all this! I do not know a single game where events like this are a mystery until the last second! And even if you have all this, if all your members can contact you everytime it does not help if you are not available at that given short mysterious time!

Edited by .-KG-..-LivingLegend-.

To make all this short: An announcement from DE could spare us all this! It should be skill only thats whinning a competition, nothing else. We are at a very goold lvl atm in the event. Without all this! I do not know a single game where events like this are a mystery until the last second! And even if you have all this, if all your members can contact you everytime it does not help if you are not available at that given short mysterious time!

Honestly, I love the mysterious short notice events. That said I hope that DE re-runs the events at some point. If they don't plan to, I hope they will.

The Problem here is, that in other games, clans have something to do on a regular basis.

In WF Clans really only matter for Tech and to have Players to play with.

Then theres one Event in 3 Month where all this would matter.

Apart from these Events theres hardly anything in the game you would need a clan for, and even in those events its not you needing a clan, its the clan that needs you, as the score needed to get the Wraith/Mods is so low that you can do it solo, while a top score is only ever needed for the clan scoring that gives the individual player nothing but perhapse some bragging rigths.

The Problem here is, that in other games, clans have something to do on a regular basis.

In WF Clans really only matter for Tech and to have Players to play with.

Then theres one Event in 3 Month where all this would matter.

Apart from these Events theres hardly anything in the game you would need a clan for, and even in those events its not you needing a clan, its the clan that needs you, as the score needed to get the Wraith/Mods is so low that you can do it solo, while a top score is only ever needed for the clan scoring that gives the individual player nothing but perhapse some bragging rigths.

You should see/have seen some of the clans for Team Fortress 2... early in its history it was known for its flash events - see the soldier medal event or the two hour .99 cent sale long before it went free to play.

FPS clans can have the same infrastructure as MMO RPGs.