Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Fps Drop In Mm Missions

Keneshiro

Since Update 7 came through, I noticed that whenever I join a game (regardless of host internet) I notcied a severe drop in fps. The lag also happens but isn't that severe. The fps drops tend to happen in either open areas or when multiple hostiles are present. However, in solo missions, I'm just fine with a healthy 60++ fps.

If you're not the host this is quite normal, I think.

I think it's because the host calculates all the AI and stuff, so if their CPU isn't quite as fast as yours it may cause some FPS problems on their computers, and subsequently on yours.

Wouldn't the host priority software detect if a more powerfull computer was present and migrate the host? If not it should, host computer should be the most powerfull computer available.

Not as far as I know. Host tends to be the guy who started the game.

I do agree that this should be so. I've had drops to 15 fps and steady on Infested missions, regardless of where I was looking. And usage of CPU and GPU stayed at 50% and below. Never happened in Solo, or with friends I know in person.

I do agree that this should be so. I've had drops to 15 fps and steady on Infested missions, regardless of where I was looking. And usage of CPU and GPU stayed at 50% and below. Never happened in Solo, or with friends I know in person.

Been noticing that a lot as well. Seems the most severe on infested missions.

Infested missions have a lot of particle effects and the mobs concentrate in large groups so it shouldn't come as a surprise that it'd be more resource intensive. You could be bottlenecked too if not enough load is being put on your gpu too. in which case turning up settings may give you better fps if you push more work on the gpu.

Edited by Aggh