Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Burst Weapons Full Auto-Burst

yarash2110

I guess, sure lol. (What kind of question is that? I'm not the game developer or computer engineer or whatever to give a meaningful answer)

If it's certain tilesets that cause problems, then fix the tilesets, why monkey with something else that doesn't need fixing?

tileset? What does it have to do with tilesets, the problem is fps, and if you can make my game go smoothly then you are welcome to try, im running 15 ir less fps with all options off.

Agreed.

If you don't like it, then don't use it, and ask DE to come up with a weapon that suits your playstyle. Don't try and ruin it for everyone who currently enjoys these weapons for what they are.

i already said that this wont eliminate the option of semi auto fire, you will still be able to do so but it will be playble for more players

I already mentioned that its target-picking capabilities aren't going to be affected in theory, as seen in my quote "Its target-picking capabilities aren't going to be impacted in theory". Yes, the option to tap-fire is still going to be there, but why would we bother using it when going full-auto is just so much better for general purpose?

Think about it this way: If Latron Prime was made into a full-auto weapon, how many people would you see sitting there and tap-firing it? Loads of the people who currently love the LP for what it is are going to end up just firing it full-auto with the rest of the folks because its damage when at its cap firing rate simply trivializes all the trouble of aiming and tap-firing at weak points in the first place. The concept of the weapon is thus ruined.

everyone will use both fire mods when needed, the slow fire rate of those weapons will stay, it wont turn to an ogris, when there will be single targets over distance people will use a single click and even people who prefer the weapon as it is will still use the hold for crowds or enemies with high hp, and besides, what you are saying is the way other people will play is what'l ruin your fun in the game? If it'l help more players use the weapon why not?

all i get from this post is "everyone who doesn't think like me can go f*** himself, and is bad at warframe" you can just write normally you know

Thats because youre exaggerating for effect, my writing is fine.

I play the same game you guys are, I got used to burstfire weapons and their quirks within minutes of using them, why cant you? Maybe you guys are bad at adapting and need this crutch to use burstfire effectively, which is fine, no one is casting judgement or whatever it is that's causing the friction. Theres simply no need for what youre suggesting, ultimately DE will do what they think is best, and if turning burstfire into auto is the answer then thats fine, i'll keep using that sweet Hind anyway.

tileset? What does it have to do with tilesets, the problem is fps, and if you can make my game go smoothly then you are welcome to try, im running 15 ir less fps with all options off.

I dont know either, you should ask the person I was quoting since they brought it up.

And if your computer sucks, then upgrade. If you can't upgrade, then thats that, you cant have everything. *shrug*

I guess, sure lol. (What kind of question is that? I'm not the game developer or computer engineer or whatever to give a meaningful answer)

If it's certain tilesets that cause problems, then fix the tilesets, why monkey with something else that doesn't need fixing?

Well it's not just about the new tilesets, the root of the problem is how repeat rate for non-automatic weapons is affected by frame rate. The newer tiles tend to cause frame rate drops, thus affecting repeat rate in turn. Then you'd probably say "then fix the repeat rate being tied to fps then!". But the sad part is that this is something players have been crying about for months now. Not only has DE not done anything about it, they continue to introduce more graphically-intensive tiles that worsens the problem for those of us who enjoy our Burstons. Making the burst weapons automatic will be what DE does best: a bandaid fix(that will actually be appreciated by burst-fire fans).

If thats the case then it might be a good idea to look at other games with similar problems and see how they handled it.

I sometimes have it happen in Borderlands 2 with burst weapons like the Hornet, fps might drop and the shooting gets a little laggy. However, suggesting to change how the gun works never crossed my mind, lots of ways to handle the situation anyway.

It'll be interesting to see if the problem ever gets fixed, I just dont see how the op's suggestion would fix it. Why, would the low fps magically not affect burstfire rate if they were made autos? Does lag not affect auto weapons?

Edited by DarkTails

If thats the case then it might be a good idea to look at other games with similar problems and see how they handled it.

I sometimes have it happen in Borderlands 2 with burst weapons like the Hornet, fps might drop and the shooting gets a little laggy. However, suggesting to change how the gun works never crossed my mind, lots of ways to handle the situation anyway.

It'll be interesting to see if the problem ever gets fixed, I just dont see how the op's suggestion would fix it. Why, would the low fps magically not affect burstfire rate if they were made autos? Does lag not affect auto weapons?

Yep, auto weapons don't seem to have their repeat rate hindered by fps. If this wasn't the case, it'd be pretty pointless making burst-fire trigger automatic and I'd agree with you. As to whether or not the repeated bursts would be unaffected if they are made automatic... I admit I can't be sure but if it turns out to work like automatics, then yay for Burston.

Edited by Amistyrja

Thats because youre exaggerating for effect, my writing is fine.

I play the same game you guys are, I got used to burstfire weapons and their quirks within minutes of using them, why cant you? Maybe you guys are bad at adapting and need this crutch to use burstfire effectively, which is fine, no one is casting judgement or whatever it is that's causing the friction. Theres simply no need for what youre suggesting, ultimately DE will do what they think is best, and if turning burstfire into auto is the answer then thats fine, i'll keep using that sweet Hind anyway.

I dont know either, you should ask the person I was quoting since they brought it up.

And if your computer sucks, then upgrade. If you can't upgrade, then thats that, you cant have everything. *shrug*

i can get used to it, but its god damn annoying, it would be better having both options for crowds and heavy enemies or hooting single targets at range, and for the last sentence... You really think your writing is ok?

no, it actually doesn't you will shoot the same speed with 5 fps and a thousend fps,

Does lag not affect auto weapons?

It doesn't, actually. Burst and semi-auto weapons suffer greatly from FPS lag; things like normal melee swings will actually have a slower animation because of it. Automatic weapons will fire as normal.

That said, though, weapons shouldn't have to adapt to some bug. Fix the damn bug; its existence should not be treated as a balancing factor.

Edited by SortaRandom

Full auto burst??? I am against this completely. I like the burst weapons just the way they are

but they will stay the way they are, with an added feature, i'l say this again, no one will hold the trigger just so you'l shoot full auto, no one will put a gun to your head, it wont ruin the weapon because the weapons wont be changed in a bit.

Full auto burst??? I am against this completely. I like the burst weapons just the way they are

The suggestion was to make the burst weapons in game similar to the burst rifle in Left for Dead 2. It doesn't make it full auto, it still fires in 3 shot bursts

but they will stay the way they are, with an added feature, i'l say this again, no one will hold the trigger just so you'l shoot full auto, no one will put a gun to your head, it wont ruin the weapon because the weapons wont be changed in a bit.

If it won't be changed a bit... Then why change it at all^^

The suggestion was to make the burst weapons in game similar to the burst rifle in Left for Dead 2. It doesn't make it full auto, it still fires in 3 shot bursts

I can't use that as a point of reference... I don't play that game

If it won't be changed a bit... Then why change it at all^^

I can't use that as a point of reference... I don't play that game

... The weapon wont change, there will be an added feature, you'l be able to shoot a few bursts by holding the mouse, instead of shooting a few bursts by clicking a few times, and you wont have to use the auto way, so if you prefer that firing mod it wont be changed or taken away