Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Effective Volt Build

Kashiki

Question

Well, to start off, I'm not one of those guys that have all their Rank 10 mods fully ranked, nor am I Mastery Rank 30 with over 165M credits. I'm a modest M10, with little over 300k. However, what I am is a consistent and (in my opinion) competently powerful player, especially when Volt comes to mind.

Currently, my build on Volt comes from my experimenting over the year I've been playing the game, as I got him as a starter way back in the olden days of Update 6. My build is pretty good for me, but I'd love to see other Volt users share their awesome builds. I also want some critique on my build as well, which can possibly give me some insight as to how I can better my main man.

This is the build.

LtW4r8A.jpg

Quick Thinking is the trial mod. I also have Rage, but I found it to be less effective than I thought. Rage really only works on my Nova, who has an Eco-build (Fleet Ex + Streamline).

EDIT: Epic Arashikage symbol on my Volt's shoulder. He's Snake Eye's electrical apprentice.

Edited by Kashiki

16 answers to this question

Best mod on volt: Shield Flux

and also, flow is a weak mod, streamline is all the way better

quick thinking right now has no use... you can add continuity instead

but anway, my volt build is completely different, i have 3 loadouts and each of em is specialized in 1 kind of thing (ex i have a melee build that only uses speed as ability)

I am the type who normally ditches survivability for more casting power... Due to being used to playing Loki.

My survivability mod tends to be Redirection only. The other slots I devote to slotting whatever mods that make my frame the most efficient in performing what I want it to accomplish. For Volt, Duration, Power and Range mods, coupled with Energy Siphon.

Best mod on volt: Shield Flux

and also, flow is a weak mod, streamline is all the way better

quick thinking right now has no use... you can add continuity instead

but anway, my volt build is completely different, i have 3 loadouts and each of em is specialized in 1 kind of thing (ex i have a melee build that only uses speed as ability)

Shield Flux is an extremely good point. Though, I'm not seeing how Flow is a weak mod when it grants you the ability to use a crap-ton of moves. Sure, Streamline is fine and all, but I want to be able to use my attacks profusely. Continuity is a good point, as well. Quick Thinking is not very good on my Volt, at all; it's better on other Frames that I have.

Shield Flux will go on him.

Love my Usain Volt, especially with Speed equipped.

lU9fhs2.png

8KEvpe9.png

This build looks great. The lack of Rush kinda makes me sad, as I'm an extremely mobile and agile player, but I can see the merit. I'll be mixing and matching mods for him.

Shield Flux is an extremely good point. Though, I'm not seeing how Flow is a weak mod when it grants you the ability to use a crap-ton of moves. Sure, Streamline is fine and all, but I want to be able to use my attacks profusely. Continuity is a good point, as well. Quick Thinking is not very good on my Volt, at all; it's better on other Frames that I have.

Efficency > Max Energy

as i said, my build is completely different from yours, but in general the only way to exploit flow is to use rage on somone that has a lot hp's, there is no other use in flow right now, 30% efficency or more is all the way better

Edited by Regar

Shield Flux will go on him.

This build looks great. The lack of Rush kinda makes me sad, as I'm an extremely mobile and agile player, but I can see the merit. I'll be mixing and matching mods for him.

You can switch reach with rush since the lightning chains anyway. I use that since I mostly run defense missions.

Edited by Proteuss

I mostly use him for survival missions, so Speed really helps to getting from one life support capsule to another, while avoiding as much enemy fire as possible... unless they're grineer with their lame hit-scan weapons. I built him to use as much casting as possible; when surrounded, I build a dome of Electric Shields around me. I don't much like Overload, so I just snipe down the baddies with the aid of Enemy Sense. Redirection and Vigor takes advantage of Volt's high base shields while still giving him some health to boot. I have no rejuvenation for those insane bleed procs, but I do pack a ton of team health regen items at any point in time to make up for lack of healing. Constitution and Continuity help to recover as much power duration as possible, due to the amount taken by Fleeting Expertise - I don't want my electric shields fading out a few seconds after I've placed them.

Edited by Eggzodiya

I mostly use him for survival missions, so Speed really helps to getting from one life support capsule to another, while avoiding as much enemy fire as possible... unless they're grineer with their lame hit-scan weapons. I built him to use as much casting as possible; when surrounded, I build a dome of Electric Shields around me. I don't much like Overload, so I just snipe down the baddies with the aid of Enemy Sense. Redirection and Vigor takes advantage of Volt's high base shields while still giving him some health to boot. I have no rejuvenation for those insane bleed procs, but I do pack a ton of team health regen items at any point in time to make up for lack of healing. Constitution and Continuity help to recover as much power duration as possible, due to the amount taken by Fleeting Expertise - I don't want my electric shields fading out a few seconds after I've placed them.

for what goddamn reason are you writing in black text on a grey background forum?

Edited by Regar

http://goo.gl/QFGtDI

My Volt build for constant casting and making use of energy shield for the 50% damage boost. This allows you to really spam his powers without really having to worry about running out of energy. The damage of Shock and Overload is not nearly as useful as their stunning capabilities so I don't build for any extra power strength. This is all about going fast and constantly casting Shock to stun without leaving the scope of your rifle. 

I find this more fun than any other frame except maybe Loki and only requires one Forma (and only one corrupted mod).

I really dislike the Electric Shield ability, as, again, I'm a very mobile player. If DE ever made it so that the shield would float in front of Volt, that would make me use it. But, as it stands, Electric Shield isn't good for me; you and the others have some badass builds around it, though.

Well i guess that it's time to show my fav build then

This one is a rush/melee build, i use it a lot with my orthos prime with its slide and basic melee attack build, it's very effective against any enemy, and it's totally insane to play with xD 

This build offers you around the max movement and attack speed but only exploits the speed skill, all the other skills won't be that useful, maybe electric shield, but i don't like it, too static for me xD (if u want to, you can but electric shield or shock instead of the enemy sense mod..why do i use enemy sense? because if you keep sliding for 5min with speed active, you won't be able to recognize enemies anymore, enemy sense let me understand if i missed enemies while sliding or such things xD)

6EeYxHZ.jpg

Neg9XYQ.jpg

this is a less personal build, but still effective build that uses any power except done for overload (but you can swap overload with electric shield if you want to)

ljHWlTn.jpg

and fro last the spammy spammy build, which only uses overload and shock to stun enemies, and nothing else xD (i put in there the electric shield, but it's duration is minimal and i use it only to kill one single target, you can spam it with no problem and you still gain the 50% bonus, if you really don't like it you can use speed instead but it's duration and power will be more or less unuseful xD)

lDPZKAJ.jpg