Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Unique Gamestyle

NeoCroX997

Hello, Today I´m going to topic about this game, similarities and what is sticking out, something unique. First recently I saw it on steam when launched. For my part I thought this was just one of those usually free to play games. I watched the videos, the content, the astmosphere and the gamingstyle.

So now you see when I discovered and looked up upon the all content together. I got this feeling I have seen this game before from another game. I couldn´t really tell exactly right away what the specific game was. Until some minutes later. The first that came upon my mind was Mass Effect. The controls are almost identical, smooth movements, mobility, the aim sight, different skills.

But if it looks identical to another game why not just play the other game instead?

My opinion about that is the go straight down to the core of the content. You know dig deep into the strong elements that holds the game together, creating its own style. For example you have swords, but you do also have guns. Thirdly, you also have skills. Many things are identical from Mass Effect, except Warframe is builded on being a ninja. All those perhaps are similar to another game but it has been created in a new way. The most importantly is, it has to match well together and you have to believe what you see, is it trustworthy what I´m looking on right now? You have to feel you are inside the game, doing all those stuff. Then it is a success for me I think.

What is unique then ?

The first thing I noticed was the graphic, have never seen such good game on my screen as free 2 play in this genre. You are simply a ninja, using guns as well. Very fast paced and can either choose to use sword abilities or use the guns straight through the whole mission.

The mission´s are very smart made and are splitted up into planets. Example is, You start out on Mercury. From there all the missions are on the same map. That means all the planets have their own map but different missions. For me it works pretty well because you get around the map differently.

Another thing is the upgrading system on weapons and character. You can collect cards around the map, some are common, uncommon and some are rare cards, which you can upgrade weapons, the character or even building new items. That´s very well functional and suits the game.

And how amazing it all sounds, it works. Something unique can´t always be described. It has to be experienced.

So it is a complete experience?

Yes and no. It´s still in Beta. But the core of the content is really strong, makes it feel like the game is complete. But there will be new updates regularly to take care of bugs.

What is your opinion? Do you agree or do you have some great ideas for the game? Don´t hesitate with feedbacks upon this.

Edited by NeoCroX997

Glad to hear that you nailed many of the ideas that I have cultivated ever since I played during Closed Beta.

I also agree that some parts of the art style reminds me of Mass Effect.

However, what irks me as somewhat wrong is that you contrasted the 3rd Person Shooter elements as though it was solely from Mass Effect alone.

Smooth movements, mobility, aim sights, different skills... from these very same words, I can perfectly describe another game that is completely on the opposite side of the "story spectrum": Splinter Cell Conviction.

Having smooth movements, mobility, aim sights, and different skills are the key components for a 3rd Person Shooter, which is not solely the mind-child of Mass Effect.

I do not know if this was intentional, but I just wanted to clear this up before anyone would reply in a much more crude manner.

I'm happy you enjoy the game and is willing to go through the experience!

Happy hunting.

oui

Vanquish+mass effect+barok (for the procedural dungeon lvl and maybe for the way to colect lore)

And ill tell you wut make that game unique

THE DEV TEAM (not that i like to s*** d***) but when some ppl doing a nice work it have to be said as many time needed

Edited by Tsoe

I agree that the game bears some similarities with the mass effect series, but the same can be said of many tps games. I feel that warframe has a very unique visual style and gameplay style which makes it stand out from other games.

The only thing i feel is really lacking is a story in game. If there were to be a single player campaign with a proper game story, then the game would be almost fully complete, since new environments will be added. Speaking of which, there should be more elementally themed levels as well, that is rain, volcano, water/underwater, floating sky bases, Forrest level, mountain, and beach type levels. The other additions that would be obvious is more weapons. I personally want to see more ninja weapons like shuriken and kusari-gama with the space ninja spin of course.

Edited by dragonboss

Comparing Mass Effect3 and Warframe is reasonable since the core of both games are quite similar. However both of them have strong points and drawbacks in themselves.

Warframe development is more flexible. The original content back in October (wih the courtesy of my friend) was lacking but DE have been adding new contents in an extremely fast pace. The design of Warframe is definitely more 'outlandish' than ME and overall seems to be able to surpass ME in the future. The gameplay is smoother, animation is more fluid. Overall gameplay is better. Map and level design is quite good despite using procedurally generated map.

However, some drawbacks exist. Gun/Sword/Power isn't yet balanced. Power can't be used as often as players would like in some situation. Feedback from melee attack isn't quite right and U7 make thing harder for fast melee weapon to compete in higher level. Lack of sense of progression in UP7 and high dependency on RNG to prolong the game. Also teamplay element in Warframe is, well, almost non-existent since the only benefit of having teammates is faster clear time and better survivability. Procedurally generated map also create repetition.

Mass Effect3 MP got two things right. Balance between Gun/Melee/Power is achieved through cooldown/weight system. Teamplay element is more apparent with power combination and high damage output from AI which can kill player in a few seconds. Fighting through each wave in ME on higher difficulty is entertaining with a good team. The circular map also cause repetitiveness which was remedied in DLC which introduced 'Hazard' version of each map. Melee combat, despite the simplicity, has better feedback in most cases.

ME has great many drawbacks. Gameplay isn't as fluid as it should due to cover mechanic. Key binding is awfully strict. Vanguard bug, Missile bug, and powers didn't work like the description. Multiple platforms cause delayed patch and bug fix. High RNG dependency in horizontal progression and vertical progression (in case of weapon),

Overall, the main advantage is Warframe's PC exclusivity and DE themselves. The rate which DE develop the game is amazingly fast. The fact that DE do listen to playerbase and interact with them is already satisfying. Given time and resource, Warframe can easily beat BW in PvE content.

Thanks for great comments!

Though it´s still beta it have really good core gameplay to start out with. And it´s always good to start out strong and build from there right? Maybe the weapons and the skills not working 100%, but taking in thoughts it is in beta stage. It´s free and only couple of days old. That´s not a bad achievment so far. The dev´s have promised to release continued contents and if all goes well, it could be a really solid f2p.

The biggest mistake is not to listen to the players. If they take players seriously, that itself is a relief and will make the progress easier. But somehow it also must be created in how the dev want this game to be with ideas from players and then from that perspective together create something unique.

Well mostly all games today can be compared to another game. And it was not my intention to compare it to Mass Effect, only that some of the mechanics are similar. Final product could turn out being something else or maybe even open up for more content, which is highly possible.

Some talked about PVP. But pvp in this game will not be its strength and would not be something to focuse on to begin with. The devs gotta make this game solid as possible and from there they can pick out what content they think suits best. Which I think they have succeded with.

But also if you want a really good PVE game the AI should be focused on. I found the AI could be improved and I think it is important for a pve game. The AI spots you right away and like they always know where you are from a long distance. Sometimes they don´t know where you are from a short distance. Even some moves like taking an enemy from behind and completely sneak around like a ninja would be really cool to have that option. In that point of view it feels like if you want to sneak and take out one guy, you get the whole bounch of enemys on you.

But if we take all away the comparison from other games out of our minds, we should rather look what we want instead of what other games have. Of cause ideas can be taken from other games, it´s not that. But still how many f2p are look this good and have this type of gameplay?

Thanks for great comments again. You are welcome to discuss more here, I will leave this topic to you fellows and look up what you have to say :)

Correction: Each planet do not have their own map, usually 3-4 maps generated to more than one planet but perhaps in different style or gametype. But at least they are decent large. Hopefully it will be updated with more maps for each planet.

Edited by NeoCroX997