The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reworking All Powers

Davoodoo

As we all know current power system can be easily abused is hard to balance and abilities doesnt scale too well.

I will say it

We should buff all powers in warframe

yes even mprime, yes even blessing

Warframe powers should be really powerful. I cant imagine mere trooper dying by just 1 pistol shot to be able to survive being hit by fireball or thunderbolt. 

Fireball should explode killing its target and at least severly wound everything in its vicinity.

Nyx can control minds for ****ing sake why wouldnt she be able to make enemies suicide

Vauban can create a mini black hole yet its doing nearly no dmg now, it should suck everything in and destroy it instantly.

Valkyr goes on rampage and does less dmg than before her enrage, she should be able to punch through enemy ranks obliterating everything that unluckily gets in her way.

Yes currently all of our abilities seem terribly weak.

You may say that it would be too op, and i agree with you. 

At the same time energy should be reworked to prevent spamming

No matter how strong ability will be, even instakill one, if you give it limited range, duration and long cooldown it will still be balanced. 

So what if you wipe whole room by pressing 4 when you need to wait 3 mintues to cast it again and next room has next pack just waiting for you.

There is nothing wrong with blessing granting even long immunity as long as it cant be kept forever.

Thats just example of balancing it by cooldown, some may not like this but please take a while and post what you think about this idea, maybe add something to it

Edit: please be serious about it, if you dont like it just say but at least bother to say what could be improved, if you see it as complete idiocy then state this too.

Edited by Davoodoo

Sure why not. Other games have tried it like GrandChase essentially Warframe is the same thing with genderlocked classes each with it's own characteristics and they have skills that are pretty strong I guess and they were spammable until they added cooldowns to them. My favorite idea was that people there also thought many of these ideas were dumb or silly like having more than 4 skills or having cooldowns or skilltrees that shift the way your skills work and then they were added and people had no complaints and even asked for more. Same thing has been going on here with this community the majority found it ridiculous even though now we're getting new skills for all frames in the form of 'generic' skills. Change is difficult to get used to but I don't see it being absurd as well as if Primed Warframes recieved different stats than regular ones or ex. skills.

Edit: Adding more to the GC thing about skills being spammable they were that way because you were able to gain a lot of MP by dealing damage to enemies using regular attacks or pets. That would be a cool way for Warframe to become a little more skill based and a little less RNG based where you could earn your energy through damage dealt to enemies making sentinels more useful in general and for that matter you don't have to hope for energy orbs to drop. -shrug- Just an idea.

Edited by Cactuarspy

There used to be cooldowns on the abilitys in closed beta all they ever did was make people wait outside the door to the next room for their cooldown to end.

Thats why i said long cooldown, i cant imagine anyone waiting for 3 minutes before going into next room after casting their ult. Especially that usual maps have more than 50 rooms, that would take hours to complete. Also would balance out endless missions a bit cause you wouldnt be able to wait and cc would also have cooldown.

Agree with OP 100%.

Blind Rage was a stroke of genius, and I want to see it repeated. Like EXACTLY repeated. Just put in Blind Rage again, with a different name. Same cost, same stats. More power cost, more damage, stacks with original Blind Rage.

It's the only good way I can see, to keep damage powers relevant without making them take over the game and turn it into Warwizard 2.0, other than adding cooldowns, and no one likes cooldowns.