The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki And Decoy

Xine_Erauqs

I don't know if somebody else had already written about this topic if so i apologize for this "new" thread.

So it is about the Decoy Ability.

I don't know when it was changed that the Decoy disappears after it suffers enough damage but this is totally nonsense.

Its holographic.

Enemies are suppose to shoot through it. How should it take damage? How should it even have health?

It just doesn't make sense. It's a hologram it can't take damage.

So please DE please keep at least a bit logic in Warframe.

Greetings

It's always been this way. and this topic's been talked about for a long time. But honestly I'm kinda ok with it a this point, put your decoy somewhere you'd take cover and take out the enimies from behind. All I want done on Loki is his Switch Teleport to enable aggro and friendly fire on it's target.

Also in honor of SortaRandom, allow you to switch with explosive barrels.

Making Radial disarm affect Infested properly would be good to.

Edited by KittyDarkling

We are magic-using, gun-wielding robo-ninjas in space. Your argument is invalid.

1977107_470724959719890_395738447_n.jpg

Funny pictures aside, here's my response:

How does a shield made of electricity have health?

Edited by EDeN153

If it took no damage and u built a max duration build(as mayb someone would because of invisibility) It would make the decoy a little 2strong pulling all the agro towards it for a whole like 45-70seconds.

Edited by TDooG

We are magic-using, gun-wielding robo-ninjas in space. Your argument is invalid.

Your argument is invalid. Since when do we use magic?! It's a Sci-Fi game, we use science and technology for our feats. Each frame (cybernetic suits) grants us the use of this technological feats.

I could explain each frame thru science, but that would be boring  =D

How can we revive on death?

In my mind we don't actually "die" we're on the brink when our suits pump us full of some form of chemical cocktail that restates us. This could also explain why we have a hard limit to the amount we can use per day, perhaps we cant survive more then 5 doses a day anyway. It's true with plat we can by more, but really there's only so much logic you can push into a game mechanic before it becomes a little ridiculous.

I don't know if somebody else had already written about this topic if so i apologize for this "new" thread.

So it is about the Decoy Ability.

I don't know when it was changed that the Decoy disappears after it suffers enough damage but this is totally nonsense.

Its holographic.

Enemies are suppose to shoot through it. How should it take damage? How should it even have health?

It just doesn't make sense. It's a hologram it can't take damage.

So please DE please keep at least a bit logic in Warframe.

Greetings

Yeah, this always bugged me to. Maybe if the Decoy was invulnerable, bu it's duration was alot shorter, like maybe 10 seconds. Modding it would only bring it to approximately 16 seconds. I think it fits right in with Loki's very active playstyle.

Since when do we use magic?! It's a Sci-Fi game, we use science and technology for our feats. Each frame (cybernetic suits) grants us the use of this technological feats.

I could explain each frame thru science, but that would be boring  =D

Actually, Nekros...well...Soul Punch. The description says it literally forces the soul out of the enemy's body. If there is a science behind that, then cool.

But honestly, how badass are you that you can slap the enemy in the face with their own soul?

-Jin

Yeah, this always bugged me to. Maybe if the Decoy was invulnerable, bu it's duration was alot shorter, like maybe 10 seconds. Modding it would only bring it to approximately 16 seconds. I think it fits right in with Loki's very active playstyle.

-Jin

I feel like that would be a nerf really. I can keep my Decoy alive for a fair bit longer then 16 seconds. Not only that but I don't really over-duration my Loki. So the idea of only 15 or so seconds of decoy's not super appealing. if anything I feel it needs temporary indestructibility. This would work best as a percentage of it's max duration.. 

So 20% This means that when you cast Decoy, for 5 seconds it wont take damage. The following 20 seconds, it acts as it does now. This can be increased by duration but seeing as it's such a low number you'll never have a decoy standing around sponging aggro forever. Even 20% might be to much, maybe 15%? in any case I feel something like this would work much better as it would make everyone happy. You can still drop it into a crowd and it'll last a bit, or you can put it somewhere defensible and reap the benifits of a nice long (as it is now) duration.

So 20% This means that when you cast Decoy, for 5 seconds it wont take damage. The following 20 seconds, it acts as it does now. This can be increased by duration but seeing as it's such a low number you'll never have a decoy standing around sponging aggro forever. Even 20% might be to much, maybe 15%? in any case I feel something like this would work much better as it would make everyone happy. You can still drop it into a crowd and it'll last a bit, or you can put it somewhere defensible and reap the benifits of a nice long (as it is now) duration.

Actually, this is much better. A few seconds of invulnerability would help high level CC potential.

Much better idea than mine.

P.S: Stop stalking me lol ^_^

-Jin

Actually, Nekros...well...Soul Punch. The description says it literally forces the soul out of the enemy's body. If there is a science behind that, then cool.

But honestly, how badass are you that you can slap the enemy in the face with their own soul?

-Jin

Yea the description to make it sound badass. But advance technology and psionic abilities are very real. Such as astral projection. To cast yourself or force some's else astral form (soul) out of their body.

If not using some high degree of advance tech that uses a certain wave/frequency of electric energy to de-sync the mind from the body. Since the brain works with electrical networks, etc.

Again, as a sci-fi game, EVERYTHING can be explain through it's genre. Science and Technology and even the Paranormal fits in and is acceptable by some.

Bed time for me tho but yes Soul Punch is very badass =D

Yea the description to make it sound badass. But advance technology and psionic abilities are very real. Such as astral projection. To cast yourself or force some's else astral form (soul) out of their body.

If not using some high degree of advance tech that uses a certain wave/frequency of electric energy to de-sync the mind from the body. Since the brain works with electrical networks, etc.

Again, as a sci-fi game, EVERYTHING can be explain through it's genre. Science and Technology and even the Paranormal fits in and is acceptable by some.

Bed time for me tho but yes Soul Punch is very badass =D

Yeah, true. Warframe does a skim, but good job of explaining how the powers work with MOST cases, but Nekros? It's right in the description for Soul Punch.

I'd like to think, that he's an actual dark practitioner. 

Because awesome. ^_^

But this isn't about Soul Punch, so sorry for derailing the thread.

-Jin