The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban's Skills Have No Skill Timer?

(PSN)mkjt88

Haven't tested every frame since U12 but have noticed all the ones I've used and used a skill that takes in duration all have a timer over the skills logo on the HUD. I love this feature and was kind of disappointed when i didn't see it on Vaubans vortex or Bastille. I hope this was overlooked and will be added but if not please explain why not and think about adding it in the next update.

Because you can spawn more than one Bastille at a time, same with Vortex. Unlike other abilites

Works for frosts globe though.. But if this was the reason id hope they would think to add it anyway and reset the clock for the newest one out if this is the case.

Works for frosts globe though.. But if this was the reason id hope they would think to add it anyway and reset the clock for the newest one out if this is the case.

Because they can be destroyed by level 2 chargers unlike Booben's powers

Because you can spawn more than one Bastille at a time, same with Vortex. Unlike other abilites

But you can spawn multiple snow globes as well and it still gets a timer, but only for the last placed snow globe.   So I can't say whether it's intended that vauban skills don't have timers or not. 

Because they can be destroyed by level 2 chargers unlike Booben's powers

But that don't make much sense because powers like blessing can't be destroyed and yet they get timers.

Either way, the timers are added to know how much time is left on them for tactical reason's.  Whether you can destroy the power or it runs out due to duration, having a timer is still a feature that all powers should have if they have any kind of duration.

Edited by Krymanol

But you can spawn multiple snow globes as well and it still gets a timer, but only for the last placed snow globe.   So I can't say whether it's intended that vauban skills don't have timers or not. 

But that don't make much sense because powers like blessing can't be destroyed and yet they get timers.

Either way, the timers are added to know how much time is left on them for tactical reason's.  Whether you can destroy the power or it runs out due to duration, having a timer is still a feature that all powers should have if they have any kind of duration.

hmm well there's a thread about this that some DE person stated about not having a timer yet. It's a pretty long thread but That was a few weeks ago. You may check for yourself.