Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boltor Prime

AzureDragon013

So I just made my Boltor Prime and I quite like it. Decided to come here and ask you all what are your thoughts on it, maybe post some of your builds for it. Also been reading a few posts saying its op and does more dps than the soma while others saying soma does more dmg if you get headshots so it'd be great to have clarification on that. Maybe the math people can put out some dps numbers for comparison as I believe the soma crit-build does 21k dps.

White hits on headshot do 2x damage.

Yellow hits on heads do 4x damage.

Boltor-Prime = 2.190476x damage on headshots

Soma  = 3.903846x damage on headshots

As far as DPS modifier when heads are the target instead of the body.

Soma has a 75% chance to do yellow damage, Boltor Prime only has 5% chance (unless you mod for more).

This just makes Soma a bit better if you're able to unload your DPS on a target's head. It also makes soma better for one-shot tap firing. If you're target something's body Boltor prime will do more dps.

Edited by LazyKnight

The biggest problem with boltor prime is akboltos beat them in dps and leave them in the dust in terms of burst dps if you can get the maximum fire rate for akboltos, I personally use the mouse wheel for this. The boltor prime does have better accuracy at the very least and against low level enemies the large clip size is better than the better damage.