The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Powers And Warframe Effects 2.0

Fancy-

Lately, I have been thinking of some small ways to improve powers and Warframe effects. So this is what I came up with, being able to charge your powers. For example, holding down power button one would charge the power so it could have more range, do more damage, etc. While thinking of this I also thought of some effects that could go along with it while you are charging your power. For example holding down Rhino charge would make small object start to float up. Charging this power could knockdown a boss for a few seconds. Or Frost could have more frost come out of his tubes on his shoulders. Charging this could freeze a boss for a few seconds (insert Captain Vor getting frozen from the ps4 trailer here). So far this is all I could come up with. Obviously could be expanded more. If this has already been suggested many times in the past then I apologize. 

Not a bad idea. But then we'd have mods for power charge speed >~<

I could see all of these working with Excalibur though. This means if all his powers can be charged, then almost all others can be too. Except I don't see much use to charging Nyx's ult...because it already charges :v

Edited by 8bit_Ghost

Not a bad idea. But then we'd have mods for power charge speed >~<

I could see all of these working with Excalibur though. This means if all his powers can be charged, then almost all others can be too. Except I don't see much use to charging Nyx's ult...because it already charges :v

DE could just change it so you have to hold 4 to charge it instead of tapping.  This would make it much more viable as you would be able to release the damage whenever you were ready instead of having to wait.

Edited by xXRampantXx

Coloring powers was a massive mistake to implement, its a clownfest whenever youre in a game. Its an aesthetical change and obviously the developers know what looks best, so it shouldnt have been implemented.

Overall, Id hope they'd do a pass on all power looks and make them look really good (without worrying too much about performance and implementing 16 pixel textures (see world on fire)).

I can imagine rhino charning up iron skin and looking like hes trying to go super sayan lol

The level above prime warframes, next up SUPER SAIJIN RHINO! With Iron Skin that blocks over 9000 damage!

this would be cool tho, I can imagine my melee speed with Valkyr's Warcry now....itd be like Loki's speed....crap I missed the bad guy again...by 3 rooms lol

DE could just change it so you have to hold 4 to charge it instead of tapping.  This would make it much more viable as you would be able to release the damage whenever you were ready instead of having to wait.

Good point. Actually, charging powers could solve so many things, like with nerfing. You could actually validate Frost's Avalanche being nerfed if just tapping the button made enemies stay frozen for just a second, but charging the power made it last longer. I would imagine that you can still run around while charging, but if you got knocked down or something you'd lose it. So time well.

This would also help players feel less angry about Rhino and Loki having such oft-spammed powers like Rhino Skin and Invisibility. You want the longest lasting/most health for your power? Charge it all the way. You want just 500 health/5 seconds of invis? Just tap once.

This would also make energy act differently, yeah. 5 seconds of invisibility would be cheaper than 15 seconds.