Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Material/enemy Concept, Crystalized Infested

ShinySmile

So this may sound kind of stupid, but I had this dream and I thought about it a bit and it sounded like a good idea at the time.

So basically, it's like a new material like Oxium, but it glows purple.

I think it'd be just like Oxium but it helps make weapons instead of warframes. 

The only way you would be able to get this material is by playing Orokin Derelicts and it is only specific crawlers that have it, and there may be a chance that some Ancients could have it in them too.

This.. crystal thing would be sticking out of them, glowing and just waiting to be extracted after you kill them. It'd be sort of like a mutation because it would stick out of their backs, arms, and other limbs. This would be cool because you could either shoot the material (or maybe it'd be destroyed if you accidentally shot it?) and it could be extracted as a crystal pickup instead of a material box. Or you could kill the enemy with the material on them and it could be extractable from the dead body using a tool, or an action (pressing x of course)

Again, this is only a concept and I'll probably post more as it pops up into my head.

Post your comments and suggestions, this is really just me rambling on but I think it'd be a really cool thing to see in game one day. Maybe an event, or a new mission where you need to extract it.

I suppose something similar could be rather useful. However, I'd rather it simply be a material needed for infested research or to build infested weapons, than to build exclusively one thing or another. I'd suggest you come up with some concepts and then edit them into this post, as this could be a fairly good concept if elaborated upon

That's what I'm planning on doing, I'll be sure to edit it as well when I get home, I just wanted to elaborate my idea before I forgot it entirely. I'm thinking it could involve a type of sickness, kind of like a mutant lead poisoning that starts to affect some if not all factions.

Crystalized Infested Crawlers sound fun, to be honest though, i don't think the "shoot the crystal and it's destroyed" would cause a F*** ton of rage.

Just treat them like Oxium Osprey. Hard to find, stronger than normal, and will always drop the material. Bring along some new types of weapon (Crystal Fist Weapon, Focused Crystal sniper, Serrated Crystal Shotgun, Smoothed Crystal Pistol, etc)