Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Waypoint For Deactivating Alarms.

Pinguefy

I really do like the idea of being able to deactivate the alarms of a map. Stealth seems slightly more usable, with the entire army of Grineer not being alerted the second I take two shots to kill a Scorpion instead of one. 

Aside from that though, the way that the waypoint shows up on your minimap (I think) and when you are nearby to it is too obtrusive. 99 times out of 100 I won't be playing stealth, and I don't have any reason to deactivate this. Whenever I pass by one, my brain assumes for a second that I need to go hack this console to proceed, just from the way the waypoint is expressed. I can only imagine the way new players react whenever they alarm the enemies.

So, I think it'd be fine if you could walk up to the panel at any time to deactivate the alarms, with no need for a waypoint. It's a nonessential gameplay mechanic and players who choose to use stealth can use it, but it's unnecessary in almost every other occasion.

+1. The waypoint is annoying when you're trying to be high-profile.

I also think it's a bit silly that you can just turn off the alarms an unlimited number of times. There should be either a number of hacks restriction or a fairly long cooldown timer. You'd think a resident army would notice something was up when alarms start going off all over the place just to be shut down again.

Of course, that nerf to the alarm deactivation mechanic can wait until we get a buff to stealth mechanics, but it should still be kept in mind.