The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game Breaking Up Issue Is Back, Again, And Stronger

Renathy

Recently, the game is having the breaking frame rate issue again. It freezes for short, but obnoxious periods of time. It seems to happen in the Void mainly, but there's a catch now - the breaking up issue seems to be back, somewhat reduced, but when I exit the game, my computer gets terribly slow and unresponsive.

It happened yesterday. I exit the game and my computer was so slow that it was a pain to even access my browser. All I wanted to do was edit something on the Notepad, share a Youtube link to a friend on Steam, and restart the game, yet I found myself having a ton of trouble just doing those simple tasks. - In the end, I thought it may had to do with my laptop, though I had clean and checked recently, though my hard-drive is pretty filled up, and needs some serious formatting.

But today I could tell it's not my problem. I ran another Void mission, and the same happens, after I had exited the game.

From what Steve said last week we'll prob. be receiving a performance and optimization pack tomorrow if all goes well.

For the love of everything that's not yet slaughtered by Tenno I hope this is true. It's been a pretty hectic experience for me.

For the love of everything that's not yet slaughtered by Tenno I hope this is true. It's been a pretty hectic experience for me.

Yeap it's true. Lets hope they drop it tomorrow as announced, i've also been suffering with frame rate drops since Update 11.5/12 so this is well overdue.

Yeap it's true. Lets hope they drop it tomorrow as announced, i've also been suffering with frame rate drops since Update 11.5/12 so this is well overdue.

Did they mention something related to the launcher? I just attempted a defragmentation, and, good lord, it used up to 95% of my computer's memory, making it impossible to even navigate my cursor.

Did they mention something related to the launcher? I just attempted a defragmentation, and, good lord, it used up to 95% of my computer's memory, making it impossible to even navigate my cursor.

Can't remember if Steve talked about the launcher, he only adressed framerates, optimizations, reducing loading times and a new effects pass being done to better performance. 

The launcher is something that really should be adressed as well btw... the game since U11.5 as been eating up memory like crazy, i hope this is one of the fixes en route 2,

From what Steve said last week we'll prob. be receiving a performance and optimization pack tomorrow if all goes well.

I'm looking forward to this too. The last few hotfixes/updates have made made performance inconsistent for my laptop (AMD A8-4500M, Radeon 7640G) - I switched to 32-bit mode in the launcher for now to get rid of the stutters/random freezing.