Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Not Embrace Speed Instead Of Trying To Slow Us Down

Tr1ples1xer

That is exactly what got me into the game.  I do NOT like SLOW ninjas.  Unless its Metal Gear Solid lel.

Me too, If you remove the parkour/speed/wallrun of WF, it becomes like every other tps imo, walk and shoot stuff, this game is much better than that, once I got the hang of the wall jump stuff I was HOOKED, DE should embrace this not move away from it...

It exist for way too little frames. a lot of frames feels clumsy and slow and can only sprint for >5s.

Also "getting from one end to the other in the quickest time possible." IS speed.

So that's why I made a distinction between different kinds of speed. Either discuss on that level of nuance or give an argument against the distinction I made, but don't think that ignoring my point qualifies as a rebuttal.

So that's why I made a distinction between different kinds of speed. Either discuss on that level of nuance or give an argument against the distinction I made, but don't think that ignoring my point qualifies as a rebuttal.

Getting to the objectif is the goal of Spy, Sabotage, and especially Deception.

When you have a fast warframe with a non fast frame yes they're gonna complain that people are rushing but thing is they're the ones that are too slow.

Also for spy not being detected should be on the priority list, maybe with real stealth mechanic it will be but fighting endless enemies that spawn slower and in less number than say mobile defense serves no purpose-> here speed is needed.

Just like in mobile defense killing the enemy in between the points serves no purpose as you will fght them at the objectif -> speed is needed.

Edited by roaddogz

No one likes rushers, so those steps where taken in to prevent them.

You don't like rushers.

Those steps were put into place for people who move slow and whine loud.

Moving quickly is as legitimate a playstyle as strolling through leisurely.

This issue is not how people play the game, but rather that people who play it differently often find themselves plopped into games with each other.

This can be somewhat ameliorated by the introduction of matchmaking preferences. For example, a tickbox for "I am farming resources, put me with other farmers" or for "I'm a newbie please take it slow," etc.

Got a bit off topic. Anyway, on topic, yeah OP that sounds pretty cool.

We need to go slow because we are Ninjas. Sneak and stealth bro, dont go blast everything to oblivion. This is a Ninja game after all. You know. Sneaking around in the dark killing people silently. We are not supposed to raising alerts and blast merchants in our paths with Rocket launchers/heavy machine guns, chopping clones to pieces in pure awsomeness or burn, freeze, smite etc infested with space magic and many more fast paced stuff. Playing like that totally against the design of the game man. Oh wait...

We need to go slow because we are Ninjas. Sneak and stealth bro, dont go blast everything to oblivion. This is a Ninja game after all. You know. Sneaking around in the dark killing people silently. We are not supposed to raising alerts and blast merchants in our paths with Rocket launchers/heavy machine guns, chopping clones to pieces in pure awsomeness or burn, freeze, smite etc infested with space magic and many more fast paced stuff. Playing like that totally against the design of the game man. Oh wait...

edit: Did not spot the sarcasm :s

nobody said stealth as to be slow.

Also Warframe not Stealthframe.

Each warframe is different Ash an Loki ninja ? i can go with that. But Frost and Vauban are no ninja my friend.

Edited by roaddogz

Rushers only exist due to the desire to go fast.

Break zorencopters, give all frames a decent speed boost, everyone is happy.

The Rushing issue shouldn't be as bad.

As the reverse is true, No one likes slow people trying to carl of duty snipe yoloscope everything that spawns and taking their time getting there.

I'd rephrase that.  Rushers exist because people don't like to go slow through trivial content.

I'm sure many people that rush do so because they can, because the game presents little challenge once you get past a certain point in terms of gear/mods.  Furthermore, the game constantly encourages you to go back and do that content you've long since out-geared.  That means seeing how fast you can go is the challenge, because that's the more efficient, better gameplay.  The mission can also wind up becoming more about the reward at the endthan the journey.

That's why stuff like the light traps are stupid.  They don't address the core issue (content is trivial), just introduce an annoyance.

Edited by Axterix13

Preach on. Going fast is not a crime. It's what got a lot of us into the game.

Apparently it is... according to the majority of snailbase, i mean playerbase. As you might, or might not remember there were tons of forum posts about "stop the rushers" / "stop going so fast". That eventually made DE to create "friendship" door. Which forced me to go afk for 2 minutes while doing co-op missions, while waiting on players that probably don't know that shift makes them run faster. 

But then again i do missions with objectives... If i need items or resources or mods, i set objectives or calculate which is the best combination of farms in long run (multiple birds with one stone). It's hard to be efficient, because most players are not like that and prefer to get sidetracked and do things slowly. 

Apparently it is... according to the majority of snailbase, i mean playerbase. As you might, or might not remember there were tons of forum posts about "stop the rushers" / "stop going so fast". That eventually made DE to create "friendship" door. Which forced me to go afk for 2 minutes while doing co-op missions, while waiting on players that probably don't know that shift makes them run faster. 

But then again i do missions with objectives... If i need items or resources or mods, i set objectives or calculate which is the best combination of farms in long run (multiple birds with one stone). It's hard to be efficient, because most players are not like that and prefer to get sidetracked and do things slowly. 

Yes seems like a lot of players are slow or just can't do parkour really good, especially now with those PS4 players with gamepads...

Thats why I'm saying maybe have a separate type of missions that is all about parkour and speed, kinda like that rank 8 test I think which you have to do parkour otherwise you fail. I really hope they don't remove that aspect of the game, so I'm suggesting other things so DE can still implement speed into the game and not nerf everything until it becomes space COD.