Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Not Embrace Speed Instead Of Trying To Slow Us Down

Tr1ples1xer

The thing I love most in Warframe is the manoeuvrability, the speed and the parkour.  Going fast and wall jumping in this game is just plain amazing fun and this to me is really unique to WF. Now I see DE trying to slow us down with dangling lights that flash you and doors that need you to stop to break lock etc all these aren't that bad but I kinda see a pattern here. Why are they trying to slow us down when its soo fun to go fast in the first place... ? Now Ive had a simple idea for a new mission type or something like that, we all know that almost every mission mode feels the same: kill everything in sight and then leave right ? What if DE acknowledged that people like the speed and parkour in this game instead of trying to limit it with lowered stamina and door locks ? we could have huge sections of maps that are pure parkour + speed, I could see turbo strips and launch pads being a thing, rounded tubes we could turbo through in a corckscrew, they could even place some traps kinda like the obstacle course, I know people like doing that course while trying to find all the shortcuts. I'm just saying why not embrace what this game is about instead of trying to remove it, I'm not saying that it needs to be a race, no rewards for being first or anything, just plain fun way to go fast like a ninja ! Embrace the speed !

Am I the only one who loves the speed and parkour ?

P.S. Pardon my french.

This belongs to feedback session

anyway, i'm ok with those new features, i'd prefere to see more stealthy people and less rushers

don't missudnerstand me, i love jump and wallrun too, but being reckless shouldn't be encouraged, team work should encouraged instead

I don't mind the doors but those lights have to go.

Also when Stealth 2.0 comes out...errr 1.0...you'll want to go slow probably.

Sure that could be a mission mode, I love stealth also, but why not have one mission type encourages speed too ?

Not all missions have to be stealth thats what I'm saying.

speed is great later game, however at the start if your a beginner then you just get left behind and die or left behind and miss extraction/credits/etc and they end up leaving in frustration or just quitting altogether if it happens a lot.

Lately, I've been tossing around the idea in my head of Stamina being reworked altogether so that it only affects blocking and wallrunning. I see unlimited sprint being quite fun. Not because I'm a rusher, I just hate this Run! Walk. Run! Walk. Run! Walk. thing we have going on. Besides, unlimited sprint wouldn't change rushing all that much. Moving about would just be easier on our fingers.

I know rushing can be a problem for some that are left behind, thats why I'm saying why not have a dedicated mission type that is ALL about speed, because now all the missions feels the same anyway. It could be different and speed and parkour focused, not in every mission type just that one.

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

Lately, I've been tossing around the idea in my head of Stamina being reworked altogether so that it only affects blocking and wallrunning. I see unlimited sprint being quite fun. Not because I'm a rusher, I just hate this Run! Walk. Run! Walk. Run! Walk. thing we have going on. Besides, unlimited sprint wouldn't change rushing all that much. Moving about would just be easier on our fingers.

^That's agood idea I think.

Also some Frame speed need to be raised a bit. the just slow the pace of the game too much.

Edited by roaddogz

moving fast is one thing, but when you got guys rushing on exterminate missions and just generally being out of exp range and thus affecting other players leveling speed thats a problem. you dont want YOUR speed nerfed? dont nerf your teammates speed. simple as that

moving fast is one thing, but when you got guys rushing on exterminate missions and just generally being out of exp range and thus affecting other players leveling speed thats a problem. you dont want YOUR speed nerfed? dont nerf your teammates speed. simple as that

I agree with this, I want a SEPARATE mission type that is about speed, exterminate should not have turbo strips or launch pads hehe like I said a new mission type with all the bells and whistles could be an idea...

Simple. People rush well ahead of their team and are out of exp range as soon as the mission starts. Other people complain. DE's solution? Nerf speed.

Honestly, I love speed and maneuverability... that's why I play Loki and Zephyr, and why I play SOLO. Also I love parkour, but every time they introduced a mostly-parkour map section, people complained it was too hard and it got removed. Luckily, more often than not parkour is still a viable and fun way to get around.

Your ideas are nice OP. But as long as rushers are a thing, I doubt they'll be ever implemented. Except if it's a new mission type as it's being suggested... maybe a "getaway" mission where you gotta go fast through or they catch you, Grustrag-style.

Simple. People rush well ahead of their team and are out of exp range as soon as the mission starts. Other people complain. DE's solution? Nerf speed.

Honestly, I love speed and maneuverability... that's why I play Loki and Zephyr, and why I play SOLO. Also I love parkour, but every time they introduced a mostly-parkour map section, people complained it was too hard and it got removed. Luckily, more often than not parkour is still a viable and fun way to get around.

Your ideas are nice OP. But as long as rushers are a thing, I doubt they'll be ever implemented. Except if it's a new mission type as it's being suggested... maybe a "getaway" mission where you gotta go fast through or they catch you, Grustrag-style.

perfect example of a rusher who rushes correctly. SOLO. when you queue online as part of a 4 man cell... then play as a 4 man cell. otherwise you just gonna make DE keep adding more and more friendship doors and alarms and tazers and crap.

wtb Mokunen cloning machine PST

Parkour->yes pls.It should be more used in this game.Instead DE decided to modify the few tiles that REQUIRED parkouring to pass thru.

Speed is only a means to an end.Doing the same repetitive and unchallenging mission without wasting time is that end.

I would personally prefer more team-play and difficulty over having to break the sound barrier in every mission.

A mission thats more speed-oriented and less killy-oriented would be nice tho.Perhaps something where you arm a bomb and have to get to extraction in a time limit with some special parkour tiles or something like that.

Parkour->yes pls.It should be more used in this game.Instead DE decided to modify the few tiles that REQUIRED parkouring to pass thru.

Speed is only a means to an end.Doing the same repetitive and unchallenging mission without wasting time is that end.

I would personally prefer more team-play and difficulty over having to break the sound barrier in every mission.

A mission thats more speed-oriented and less killy-oriented would be nice tho.Perhaps something where you arm a bomb and have to get to extraction in a time limit with some special parkour tiles or something like that.

Yes exactly what I have in mind, cause right now I have to rush solo because otherwise I leave others behind, just give us something for our ruhing needs, GET THE F OUT ASAP mission would be fun !! 

Yes I assume Stealth will be its own mission type.

And sometimes in Sabotage the ship will self-destruct to that's speed mode.  Also nightmare mode can turn into speed mode depending on the inhibiting factor (timer especially.)

You mean that incredibly long 5 min countdown that is almost impossible to expire?

I'm pretty sure you could walk the entire thing and still have plenty of time.

No one likes rushers, so those steps where taken in to prevent them.

Rushers only exist due to the desire to go fast.

Break zorencopters, give all frames a decent speed boost, everyone is happy.

The Rushing issue shouldn't be as bad.

As the reverse is true, No one likes slow people trying to carl of duty snipe yoloscope everything that spawns and taking their time getting there.

There is a big difference between speed in the sense of mobility and manoeuvrability, and speed in the sense of getting from one end to the other in the quickest time possible.

The former still exists. Quit pretending that it doesn't to try to bolster your complaint about the latter being nerfed. That's just dishonest.

To each their own, of course, but there are also speedrunners that like to see how fast they can run X mission or kill X boss. It kind of a personal challenge thing.

Sure that could be a mission mode, I love stealth also, but why not have one mission type encourages speed too ?

Not all missions have to be stealth thats what I'm saying.

That is exactly what got me into the game.  I do NOT like SLOW ninjas.  Unless its Metal Gear Solid lel.

Edit:   I think I quoted the wrong comment lol  But basically I'm saying I fell in love with WF because of the fast pace action mixed with the original yet influenced "futuristic" ninja concept...

Edited by Ishki88

There is a big difference between speed in the sense of mobility and manoeuvrability, and speed in the sense of getting from one end to the other in the quickest time possible.

The former still exists. Quit pretending that it doesn't to try to bolster your complaint about the latter being nerfed. That's just dishonest.

It exist for way too little frames. a lot of frames feels clumsy and slow and can only sprint for >5s.

Also "getting from one end to the other in the quickest time possible." IS speed.

Edited by roaddogz