Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Overlay Not Working

Briareos

Has anyone else noticed the Steam overlay not working anymore? Seems like since the last update, any time I click on News links it launches in my regular browser and not the Steam built-in one, and pressing "Shift-Tab" does nothing.

I've been using DX11 and 64-bit for months and everything was fine. Now all of a sudden it doesn't work, I think with the last update. I know for a fact it was working a couple weeks ago. I'll try fiddling with the x64 setting and see if that does anything.

Edited by Briareos

My computer broke just after the Tethra update [Not because of Warframe [i hope]] and on that system DX11 and 64 bit with the overlay were working fine. Today my new computer arrives and I don't get the little 'hit shift+tab to open steam overlay' when starting, when I do hit it, my mouse goes to windows mouse and I can't see the overlay or interact with Warframe game I can still see. So I have to hit escape to close the invisible alt+tab interface and then Warframe.

Old Computer: i7 Gen1, DDR3 6gb, GTX580, Typical Hard Drive, Windows 7

New Computer: A10 7850K, DDR3 16gb. GTX770 2gb, Hybrid Drive, Windows 7

Unchecking 64-bit in the launcher made it work again. I tried switching back to 64-bit to see if it was some kind of toggle but it was still broken.

I have no idea what changed. I've been running in 64-bit mode for months without any Steam problems. I guess I'll stick with 32-bit mode until they fix it.

Unchecking 64-bit in the launcher made it work again. I tried switching back to 64-bit to see if it was some kind of toggle but it was still broken.

I have no idea what changed. I've been running in 64-bit mode for months without any Steam problems. I guess I'll stick with 32-bit mode until they fix it.

I was in 32-bit mode for a while, but the most recent hotfix made it to where, if I switch back to 64-bit.. it works again.