Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Crappy Weapons

MechaTails

I think we have junk weapons now simply because of how many weapons are available, they have to be distinct somehow and unfortunately simply making them crappy, so they fall into some kind of artificial high and low "tiers", seems like an acceptable way of doing that. :(

Would you be in favor of slowing the release of new weapons to make the current ones much more interesting? Like giving them all (or some) unique traits/quirks.

Also, yeah, I'm aware that some of the weapons that are considered junk can be made into monsters, like the Seer or Lecta I'm working on.

Edited by DarkTails

I would much prefer if there were categories of weapons.  Instead of having a single tier of weapons listed, optimize weapons in different ways.  Status revolvers shouldn't be compared to crit auto-pistols because their effects on gameplay will be entirely different.  Yes, some weapons will be better, but lower the resource and credit costs of some of the weaker ones so that newer players can more easily acquire a variety to play with.

Ah, I remember when the Grakata was considered junk :)

A stat tweak here or there can revitalise a weapon easily, a crit buff and a nice proc rate made the Grakata a versatile gun.

A balance sweep now and then would be good, it would be nice if weapons were a bit closer, so more would see use.

Personally sound and "feel" of a weapon makes me use it, not really the power, let's face it half the time you don't need it.

I still remember clan buddies laughing at my 5 forma'd Burston.

I like it :)

Flux Rifle is a good example of a rifle with a unique trait that's still fun to use. I'll probably forma it eventually

Gorgon Wraith is a good example of a weapon that doesn't need jarring unique trait to differentiate it from other guns. Yes it has wind up time but it's almost negligible, people just like making a stink out of everything. It's a cool-looking machine gun that sounds like robots being sucked into a jet engine, and it feels great decimating mobs with it, especially with rumble in the controller lol.

I got it to level 30 already, will Forma it, though it was already doing pretty well in T3 Survival with Shred.

Edited by DarkTails