The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Titanfall May Have Been Really Inspired By De For Wallrunning :p

Hinoiki

and you are 10000000% wrong sorry, you cant leap in the air in Titanfall, only small little jumps and maps are tiny.

That isn't wall running, that is blatant disregard for the laws of Physics.

Titanfallls wallrunning/jumping system is believable, which makes it, in my eyes, better.

Also, the size of the map had nothing to do with my statement.

Edited by Emeere

Prince of Persia, Brink, Star Wars Jedi Knight II, Strider...many and more. 

Strider was my fave arcade game, it's 2d and doesnt have wall running, you can climb most everything though and run really fast down hills

That isn't wall running, that is blatant disregard for the laws of Physics.

Titanfallls wallrunning/jumping system is believable, which makes it, in my eyes, better.

Also, the size of the map had nothing to do with my statement.

Oh yeah Big mechs coming the down from the sky is super realistic... you can't bring realism arguments into a videogame...

You can leap across the map in warframe and thats EXACTLY what makes it AWESOME. You can also just make small wall running jumps in WF.

I very much doubt Warframe had much impact on Titanfall's development - the game entered development a good while before warframe's beta even started, so unless the devs were spying on DE I think it's pretty safe to say it's just a coincidence.  If anything I'd say they were drawing on Mirror's Edge style parkour

Strider was my fave arcade game, it's 2d and doesnt have wall running, you can climb most everything though and run really fast down hills

They made a remake of strider not long ago you should check it out if you havent it is pretty good. Loved original strider :D

Maybe because its a console game and console players need to press one button for everything, It cant be too complex ...

I see you're not a fan of consoles. Very well then. And you press the same amount of buttons to wall run in Titanfall as you do in Warframe.

Buttons/complexity aside, the feel of each games wallrunning is completely different. When jumping from wall to wall in Titanfall, you make smooth jumps and keep your momentum through the jumps. In Warframe, when you jump off a wall, you either go flying forward or slow down a lot, and the whole movement of it seems... blocky, to me.

The transition from running to wallrunning is seemless in Titanfall too. In warframe, there's a short moment where you can almost feel your frame "locking" to the wall sort of.

Edited by ShadowCore67

Oh yeah Big mechs coming the down from the sky is super realistic... you can't bring realism arguments into a videogame...

You can leap across the map in warframe and thats EXACTLY what makes it AWESOME. You can also just make small wall running jumps in WF.

I never tried to say it was realistic. I never said that Warframe wasn't awesome.

Titanfall just does WALLRUNNING better, stop trying to change the point.

Believability is very different from Realism.

Edited by Emeere

I see you're not a fan of consoles. Very well then. And you press the same amount of buttons to wall run in Titanfall as you do in Warframe.

Buttons/complexity aside, the feel of each games wallrunning is completely different. When jumping from wall to wall in Titanfall, you make smooth jumps and keep your momentum through the jumps. In Warframe, when you jump off a wall, you either go flying forward or slow down a lot, and the whole movement of it seems... blocky, to me.

When you wallrun in WF if you release the jump button right after sticking to the wall you will launch in the air far but if you wait a bit you will jump normally, its not arbitrary.

The movement in Warframe feels unintuitive and clunky that compared to some other games WF feels like sandpaper.

Go give GunZ 2 a shot, don't even need to care about anything else in the game, just go and move around, the mobility is great.

Edited by Aishi

Wallrunning in titanfall is way better IMO - it supplements the gameplay in a way warframe just can't pull off.

In Titanfall, it feels a lot looser and more freeform whereas in warframe the parkour feels very rigid (in WF every time I jump into a wall to run along it I can practically feel the game pause for a moment while my character 'snaps' into place). In TF the shorter running time combined with the smoother mantling and double jump makes it way easier to chain together complex movements which just aren't doable in warframe

The tiles in warframe are a lot less conducive to wallrunning/parkour than titanfall's maps too. There are barely any places in WF where extended wallrunning is possible, and even so it's usually just something like "run along this wall then jump to the opposite" or "Run along this wall and then jump to that wall and run up it". Most of the opportunities in warframe also get screwed up when you put speed mods etc. on your warframe.

Take for example the grineer mining colony tile where you can jump between three walls over lava (or use the catwalks like a sane person) - instead of being able to jump between the three, I often end up running along the first panel and just plastering my face into the opposite side of the room thanks to my warframes magical ability to vault forwards from a wall(perpendicular to it I might add) at no less than 10x the speed I was running along it.

The vaulting thing is so hilariously stupid that if you're fast enough you can use it to slingshot yourself of things like pillars and light posts.

Never once in warframe have I thought of using parkour to flank the enemy or get into a favourable position as a viable tactic.

Edited by Segolia

Well i disagree completely, maybe you should relearn how to parkour in WF because it works and it is awesome, sure TF does it smoothly but its for minute movement in tiny cramped spaces. In WF you can slide, jump from slide, wallrun, leap in the air, dash while airborne, wallrun and leap across the entire tile over and over, that for me is much more enjoyable, I use it ALL the time, in fact its the reason I play this game, I try to never use stairs!

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

Well i disagree completely, maybe you should relearn how to parkour in WF because it works and it is awesome, sure TF does it smoothly but its for minute movement in tiny cramped spaces. In WF you can slide jump from slide wallrun leap air dash wallrun and leap across the entire tile that for me is much more enjoyable, I use it ALL the time, in fact its the reason I play this game, I try to never use stairs!

Sure, WF does it well, but Titanfall does WALLRUNNING much smoother, I never said it did 'Ultrarediclousquadruplesommersaultleaps through the air up staircases' at all.

That said, Titanfall is a first person shooter with high-paced action. Warframe... isn't that.

For me, wall running was a Prince of Persia / Sonic the Hedgehog thing.

Mirror's Edge ruined parkour, but I think high budget werewolf movies do it best - which is clearly the inspiration for the new Tenno-pet's wall running abilities. (and Zanuka).