Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno "space Suit" - Starting Outside On The Hull Of A Ship And More.

Barda1

A cool way to enter a map would be to "drop down" on it. Maybe if we could either parachute or fall down and deploy some 1-time breaking thrusters/ slowing "gel"

(about 7.37 into the Final Fantasy Spirits Within Movie some marines uses something similar - http://ffilms.org/final-fantasy-the-spirits-within-2001/).

Going further it would be cool if we could enter enemy ships in more unsuspicious ways. Perhaps we snuck in via a cargo box on infiltration missions or future stealth missions. Perhaps there are no Tenno docking stations on the Grineer/Corpus tileset and we would have to find another way in. Dropping from our ship and landing on the hull would be awesome (imo), but there is that thing with air and those Warframes not being space-proof.

If there was something that we could use for just a short while, like a backpack-space-drop-air-supply-thingy that was hooked up to the suit and would break of once inside the ship, that would be cool. Perhaps we could also use some kind of drop pod? Something smaller that would attract less attention? Floating in/sneaking out with asteroid field mining material/trash.

On the other hand, dropping onto the hull with that "time" mechanic in place could be quite cool. Maybe we could refill our air by going inside the ship from time to time before reaching a "final" way inside? I picture it kind of like swimming is in most games - you can only hold your breath for so long, then health goes down.

Ugly concept:
UkEZYJP.jpg

Start in outside 1 - make your way forward, when the tile ends (as it has to because the evolution engine works that way) there is a small tile that is "inside" but doesn't lead anywhere. In here you may refill air of boost your shields before heading to the next tile. There may be tiles with doors leading in, some are how ever closed (locked) and you must continue. (#2). Just so we won't always be tied to a flat horizontal movement there can be elevator-air locks as well as door ways. These air lock would have doors on both ends that would close below/above you when going up/down - you being in the middle and one door always being shut.

The larger room would be more tactical as shields or air would have a higher chance of being depleted. Some destroyable objects or hackable consoles/maintenance stations might offer some limited refills. (Corpus being more likely to refill shields).

TL:DR

New way to enter a map:

Stealthy entry via cargo container, parachute/ brake thrusters/ braking field/gel on outposts, drop pod or space-drop with possible space suit (that brakes off once you reach the ship/go inside).

Edited by Barda1

So...(Regards to jumping on the ship then breaking in) 

You want us to do a Survival mission, Outside of the ship, then figure out a way to get inside of it?...

Maybe for alerts. I like it.

So...(Regards to jumping on the ship then breaking in) 

You want us to do a Survival mission, Outside of the ship, then figure out a way to get inside of it?...

Maybe for alerts. I like it.

Not quite, but almost :P

If having space suit:

Picture having a timer added that is your personal airsupply. You fight outside the ship and it works pretty much as a normal map but with less gravity. Once the timer runs out how ever your shields will start to go down, and if down so will your life. If you go inside or find something that will replenish your air supply the amount of time you have will go up, and your shields will be restored.

Without a suit:

I'd imagine it like space is now, but with more tiles. You go outside, fight your way forward and reach some place where you can refill your shield. sort of a check point? If might be some ship-turret that you've destroyed and you can go inside, however it won't lead you straight into the ship because the door is locked or what not.

The goal is to enter the ship and start the mission, but you start outside for some additional flare and variety.

I'll try to evolve it :P

Does kind of make sense. I mean who decides to put a space ship docking station in only TWO PLACES on a ship, and leave them both un-monitored with an active threat nearby?

"Hey Jim, where should we put these docking bays?"

"Dunno John, how's about somewhere fairly close to all of our important systems... but not too close"

"Excellent idea Jim, that way, we can load and unload stuff quicker!"

"An Excellent Idea Indeed!"

"Should we make two just in case we have more than one space-pizza delivered at a time" 

"Bloody brilliant John! I suppose we'd need to monitor them in case anyone sneaks in..."

"Nah man, how much harm can a pizza-boy do?"

"Right man, pizza boys can't do anything, good thinking. Boss'd be proud"

*Ding-dong*

"Pizza's here!"

*Opens door to find an Excalibur wearing a dominoes pizza uniform*

"See John, absolutely nothing will happen!"

-snip-

"Oh hey John *gluaarrhhh*...*cough - cough* Before I die. Why did we make Tenno docking stations on our ships? Aren't those guys the worst? *thump*.

"Jim NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-ting your statement down in my will."

(ps: Don't let anyone know bout us having those Grinbeers before designing these ships!)

Good idea. The idea of being on the hull is cool, the mechanic with oxy/shield is kind of survival, so systems are in place all ready.

I to would like to enter or escape in a stolen shuttle.

Could work. What say you DE?

I love this idea and it would make more sense.  We should have more space since we are "SPACE" ninja's after all. 

What they could do is have the Lotus ship do fast fly by and the tenno would just drop on the ship's hull and land on all fours and would float or crawl to the air lock and he/she would use a lotus specialize hacking tool to unlock the airlock without setting off any alarms and open with all the air shooting out maybe some corpus or grineer too if your lucky.  Maybe sometimes they would just drop in thru the vents on the ship's hull and sneak in like always.

I'm not really sure what that teleport portal is.  If there really gonna use those for those missions they should make it look like its on purpose like build a frame around the portal so it looks like "this machine is made for corpus infiltrations."  I hope that someday they'll do an animation of you getting launched in the Grineer pod and smashing into a corpus ship.  I think it would also be cool to have the tenno get sucked out into space and break thru the Grineer airlock during corpus invasions.  How about during an invasion mission on the corpus ship you started on, its damaged and is dying and the grineer invader ship rams into corpus ship while your in the room and you see it happen and it will stay like that till you complete the mission.  That could be one way to get into a grineer ship.

Good idea. The idea of being on the hull is cool, the mechanic with oxy/shield is kind of survival, so systems are in place all ready.

I to would like to enter or escape in a stolen shuttle.

Could work. What say you DE?

If we had missions like "gather enemy intel" or something like that, entering in a stolen Grineer/Corpus vessel or boarding on a container would be sweet. Then we could try to stay hidden for as long as possible (or all the time). If you were detected 2 timers would start, one with about 30 seconds to 1 minute time, and another with about 5 min.

If you were detected you'd hve 30-60s to deactivate the alarm and take out the alerted enemies. If you didn't deactivate the alarm you would have the remaining time to evacuate.

The mission would be scored by scans of marked targets, kills. If you were detected each second detected would count as a minus point.

If you're detected and succeed in escaping X mount of points will be deducted from the final score.

Something like that?

There could also be an item created called "enemy intel". This intel could be either sold for credits, used in faction labs OR here comes the fun stuff - given to a faction for faction standing. (Given the enemy too much of these could result in a death mark).

Enemy intel could be evolved much further but just the basics.

I love this idea and it would make more sense.  We should have more space since we are "SPACE" ninja's after all. 

What they could do is have the Lotus ship do fast fly by and the tenno would just drop on the ship's hull and land on all fours and would float or crawl to the air lock and he/she would use a lotus specialize hacking tool to unlock the airlock without setting off any alarms and open with all the air shooting out maybe some corpus or grineer too if your lucky.  Maybe sometimes they would just drop in thru the vents on the ship's hull and sneak in like always.

I'm not really sure what that teleport portal is.  If there really gonna use those for those missions they should make it look like its on purpose like build a frame around the portal so it looks like "this machine is made for corpus infiltrations."  I hope that someday they'll do an animation of you getting launched in the Grineer pod and smashing into a corpus ship.  I think it would also be cool to have the tenno get sucked out into space and break thru the Grineer airlock during corpus invasions.  How about during an invasion mission on the corpus ship you started on, its damaged and is dying and the grineer invader ship rams into corpus ship while your in the room and you see it happen and it will stay like that till you complete the mission.  That could be one way to get into a grineer ship.

I think that would work well too. We've got something like it on some tilesets, but dropping down onto the hull could work, at least it's something different. What I was sort of after was also the "prachute-drop mechanic" comming from above and taking out stuff from the "air". Having some small control over where you would land.

The idea of opening a room with enemies inside and having them get sucked out into space is awesome haha, I'd love that. A thing about that though is that the normal units that the Grineer/Corpus has are the ones we see outside. What would make the units inside fly away if the others stay put?

Maybe they just forgot to turn their magnetic boots on or what not, but there might also be a call for some special edition "space-walker enemies".

Yeah that teleporter is kind of ugly as is, and I'm with you on the rework on it, and possible ads of animations for pods/teleports/space travel.

Hmm, I think that the "crashing ship" tile has been suggested a few times before. It might be hard to do as it's such a major thing, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see as always.

An idea that would be cool is if we could use a "zip line" to travel between two ships. Picture us going through a transparent tube (tunnel) stretching from one ship to another. Then wires much like a ski-lift/zip line would spin around inside the tube. You could jump on and travel either way.

I think that would work well too. We've got something like it on some tilesets, but dropping down onto the hull could work, at least it's something different. What I was sort of after was also the "prachute-drop mechanic" comming from above and taking out stuff from the "air". Having some small control over where you would land.

The idea of opening a room with enemies inside and having them get sucked out into space is awesome haha, I'd love that. A thing about that though is that the normal units that the Grineer/Corpus has are the ones we see outside. What would make the units inside fly away if the others stay put?

Maybe they just forgot to turn their magnetic boots on or what not, but there might also be a call for some special edition "space-walker enemies".

Yeah that teleporter is kind of ugly as is, and I'm with you on the rework on it, and possible ads of animations for pods/teleports/space travel.

Hmm, I think that the "crashing ship" tile has been suggested a few times before. It might be hard to do as it's such a major thing, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see as always.

An idea that would be cool is if we could use a "zip line" to travel between two ships. Picture us going through a transparent tube (tunnel) stretching from one ship to another. Then wires much like a ski-lift/zip line would spin around inside the tube. You could jump on and travel either way.

Well I don't think the warframe's need parachutes since they don't take fall damage and attacking while parachuting in defeats the purpose of dropping in unknown at least until they spot you.  Even if you could land where you wanted on the ship of a hull there would probably be a invisible wall at some point where you cant keep going or it would just respawn you because of the randomize tile set thing, but i do like the idea of a little jet pack that breaks as you go in for navigation.  There's not much reason to be outside the hull for space walker enemies unless they figured out that we keep breaking in at this part of the ship.  I mean a turret would be better.  Just imagine a corpus was just sitting out there for hours just waiting for some poor tenno to drop in.  That poor corpus member...  The hull thing could be like a replacement for the intro part of each mission that they took out.

I kind of like the idea that the ships would tether themselves to each other for stable boarding, but in space zip lining only works if there gravity unless you have those electric pulling things.  It would be kind of slow too.  I mean have you seen how far that grineer ship is from the corpus when your outside on the hull.  Kind of gives you the scale of the ships.  You should take advantage that its in space and there is no gravity so you could accelerate at intense speeds to get to the other ships.  Oh that reminds me of that star trek movie where where the android jumped between ships or even the recent one where Kirk did the same thing.  It could work like that.

Well I don't think the warframe's need parachutes since they don't take fall damage and attacking while parachuting in defeats the purpose of dropping in unknown at least until they spot you.  Even if you could land where you wanted on the ship of a hull there would probably be a invisible wall at some point where you cant keep going or it would just respawn you because of the randomize tile set thing, but i do like the idea of a little jet pack that breaks as you go in for navigation.  There's not much reason to be outside the hull for space walker enemies unless they figured out that we keep breaking in at this part of the ship.  I mean a turret would be better.  Just imagine a corpus was just sitting out there for hours just waiting for some poor tenno to drop in.  That poor corpus member...  The hull thing could be like a replacement for the intro part of each mission that they took out.

I kind of like the idea that the ships would tether themselves to each other for stable boarding, but in space zip lining only works if there gravity unless you have those electric pulling things.  It would be kind of slow too.  I mean have you seen how far that grineer ship is from the corpus when your outside on the hull.  Kind of gives you the scale of the ships.  You should take advantage that its in space and there is no gravity so you could accelerate at intense speeds to get to the other ships.  Oh that reminds me of that star trek movie where where the android jumped between ships or even the recent one where Kirk did the same thing.  It could work like that.

I do dislike the "parachute" in parachuting down, I don't want that at all. Just the "drop". If you look at what I was going at in the post before yours I think that the firing from above will make a little more sense. Taking out the scouts before detected is a viable option to divebombing (not Zephyr) down rapidly to go full on onces on the hull.

Yeah, turrets or some special robotic enemies might fit the theme better. Feel a tiny bit more "real".

The zip line was just as a reference to how it would look, but then having some sort of engine on it. It wouldn't matter that much if it wasn't superslow. You could fight incomming enemies traveling the other way as you went on :)

But your idea isn't bad either. Variety is key.

I do dislike the "parachute" in parachuting down, I don't want that at all. Just the "drop". If you look at what I was going at in the post before yours I think that the firing from above will make a little more sense. Taking out the scouts before detected is a viable option to divebombing (not Zephyr) down rapidly to go full on onces on the hull.

Yeah, turrets or some special robotic enemies might fit the theme better. Feel a tiny bit more "real".

The zip line was just as a reference to how it would look, but then having some sort of engine on it. It wouldn't matter that much if it wasn't superslow. You could fight incomming enemies traveling the other way as you went on :)

But your idea isn't bad either. Variety is key.

They could also sky dive from space!! :D  A Tenno's so small that they couldn't detect it anyways.  I had this idea of an Ospey attached to the back of a corpus guy and why would float like those Grineer Hellions. 

Hmm, maybe it would be good to shot down enemies as you go because some people could just skip the video of traveling all the way there. xD

As for the intro video's they could like either make it really quick or doing it while its loading the mission.