Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennos - Keeping The Bodies Behind Warframes Ambiguous

EVxx

Edit - sorry for the weird font earlier

Hi all,

I really like the Warframes' art design. In a way the warframes remind me of geared up Evangelions - we know Tennos are biological and 'may' look very much human, but the ambiguity leaves much to the imagination (how many eyes, if any at all?) - the inhuman nature of our avatars help players immense in the game world and help make the impossible possible.

Because of that, I find it odd that in Defense missions, the Tenno in cryostasis look very much human. This is just an observation and I am not trying to push for changes. I just want to state that that it is much better to keep Tennos as ambiguous "biological warriors" rather than like modern-day human (in Evangelion - the creatures are nameless and mostly faceless bio-engineered weapons created to fulfill greater purposes).

Would this concept go against the Tenno lore?

Edited by EVxx

Your concept works fine, the cryopod occupant is Nick Naked, who was the original placeholder model for the hostages rescued on missions, this is either also a placeholder (the cryopods used to hold a glowing Volt) or an homage to Nick.

given that its a few million years in the future, I'm inclined to agree with Silver, they're probably very different from us, if you look at it genetically we're already nearly two subspecies of &*$$ sapiens.

H.omo sapiens.

-sigh-

Edited by MrGrae

All we know is the Tenno originate from the Sol system, specifically on Earth. They descend from the Orokin who in all likelyhood were the 'humans' of the Warframe universe.

We can also see from the prisoner defense a very human face on the female, so that backs up the theory.

Warframes themselves should remain ambiguous, but NPCs shouldn't have the same restriction. You still don't know what you look like, but you can have an idea.

Edited by G3rman

Orokin era does not mean the race was called orokin, the Ming dynasty of china was named after the ruling family, etc. And the tenno were a class of "warrior monks" according to the website snippet, so descended from the orokin is inaccurate, they were a part of the orokin era which was presumably comprised of the humans of the warframe universe.

Orokin era does not mean the race was called orokin, the Ming dynasty of china was named after the ruling family, etc. And the tenno were a class of "warrior monks" according to the website snippet, so descended from the orokin is inaccurate, they were a part of the orokin era which was presumably comprised of the humans of the warframe universe.

False. We know the Orokin were actually the Orokin; they were the dominant faction of their cycle, hence it being named the Orokin era. We have Orokin artifacts, Orokin clans. It was a civilization.

And the words were exactly "Tenno descend from the Orokin era warriors."

I have been compiling the lore of the game, I'd like to think I know what I am talking about.

Edited by G3rman

I'm british, it isn't my race. Nothing states that Orokin is race, nationality or species, it's ambiguous, but I think it is logical to consider it in a similar vein to Ming and the like, in that Orokin may have been the name of their civilisation, hense orokin artefacts, much the same way as you can have a Ming vase.

"The Tenno are descendants of an ancient and mystical civilization of lost warriors from the Orokin era on Earth."

They are descendants of people from the Orokin era, not the "Orokin" themselves.

Just as much as you are assuming, I am assuming they are descended from the Orokin themselves. Everything reported about the Orokin civilization has pointed to it so far, especially in the wording.

Keep in mind that something like the Han dynasty can have ethnic links to the people under it. Han dynasty and the Han ethnic group of the Chinese.

Edited by G3rman