The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

12.4.5 Frost - Why You Cant Remove Duration + Other Ability Feedback

LazerusKI

I just thought about it for a while.

I was one of those who wished for a removed Duration Timer on Snowglobe, but after thinking about it for a while, i found out why it is not possible, or should not be done.

I remember only two other abilitys with unlimited duration.

Iron Skin and Bounce

So, Bounce is one of the most hated Troll Abilitys...

Now imagine what would happen to frost.

Snowglobe Spam - no one can see the target or even shoot at it.

I dont know how performance intensive SG is, but 50 Globes on the map that wont disappear...nah, dont do that.

So, the recent buff was a change in the right direction, maybe it could be usefull to increase its base duration by 50 or 100%, so that this point is evened out.

- Other Abilitys

Freeze

Why are so many players replacing it?

Its single Target only, is affected badly by Fleeting Experise (only 4.6s freeze time), its freeze is capped at 300 damage, and its damage is not that great when you can use Ice Wave instead.

So, what could be done here?

Since SG is now basically scaling with the enemy level, why not adding this feature to freeze too?

Remove the hardcapped 300 damage counter and replace it with a percentual number - then i could image it could become usefull against stronger enemies.

Ice Wave

No complains here...its fine now

Avalanche

The latest bug-fix "nerfed" it.

Why? for all who dont know the bug, Power Range added a Freeze Effect on all targets for like 5 seconds.

That was great, its fixed now.

The first time im not happy with a bug-fix :(

But: If i heard it correctly, DE is thinking about giving us this effect as a non-Bug version. That would be great ^-^
(As long as this effect is not capped at 300 damage...)

Other Frost related topics i made recently:

Avalanche + Rhino Stomp Bug
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/192597-avalanche-cancels-rhino-stomp/

Request for some Freeze-Ragdolling love

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/187823-freeze-effects-ragdolling-avalanche-animationssome-new-love-for-them/

Edited by LazerusKI

Bugged Avalanche were awesome. But look at this: it's the same as AoE Freeze, Frost's first ability. Change Avalanche to CC, and Freeze should be replaced due it's uselessness with something else. Freeze Wave has 100% status chance, which is awesome - this ability is also about CC.
I want Avalanche to be changed as well, but then Freeze should be replaced. Just like Ember's Overheat.
What would it be? Maybe some ice field on the ground, to slow down enemies (something like Oberon's 2nd ability), or damaging Ice Arrow with auto targeting and punch through?

Unfortunately your arguments against the removal of duration don't really account for how it currently works. Globe spam can happen at any time, anywhere. Lasting 30 seconds, if there is any additional energy lying around, you can already spam an entire room with it. Nothing about duration changes that factor whatsoever. They'll also disappear if it is anywhere near enemies, as it doesn't take long to drop a snowglobe via incoming enemy fire. If it's not near enemies, chances are you're just passing through that particular tile and you'll never see it again.

Bugged Avalanche were awesome. But look at this: it's the same as AoE Freeze, Frost's first ability. Change Avalanche to CC, and Freeze should be replaced due it's uselessness with something else. Freeze Wave has 100% status chance, which is awesome - this ability is also about CC.

I want Avalanche to be changed as well, but then Freeze should be replaced. Just like Ember's Overheat.

What would it be? Maybe some ice field on the ground, to slow down enemies (something like Oberon's 2nd ability), or damaging Ice Arrow with auto targeting and punch through?

good point there.

the main difference would be the duration, but then again, if you use a duration build, you wont use avalanche (because 5m range us meh)

Ice Arrow? too much like shuriken.

Punch Through Ability? Thats what Ice Wave does :s

Ice Field?

Would not fit for a 1 i think

What a bout a combination of your ideas?

A Snowball that leaves behind a slowing field?

Unfortunately your arguments against the removal of duration don't really account for how it currently works. Globe spam can happen at any time, anywhere. Lasting 30 seconds, if there is any additional energy lying around, you can already spam an entire room with it. Nothing about duration changes that factor whatsoever. They'll also disappear if it is anywhere near enemies, as it doesn't take long to drop a snowglobe via incoming enemy fire. If it's not near enemies, chances are you're just passing through that particular tile and you'll never see it again.

Still its a difference, it was jsut my thought about how it could become a very bad decision, dooming Frost to a Troll-Image

Edited by LazerusKI

good point there.

the main difference would be the duration, but then again, if you use a duration build, you wont use avalanche (because 5m range us meh)

Ice Arrow? too much like shuriken.

Punch Through Ability? Thats what Ice Wave does :s

Ice Field?

Would not fit for a 1 i think

What a bout a combination of your ideas?

A Snowball that leaves behind a slowing field?

Just examples :S

Maybe something called "Boulder" - huge chunk of ice created from the air right above targeted enemy. It's falling on his head, knocking him down, then explodes into glacial shrapnel to damage surrounding enemies.